It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Email not working?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:56 am 

Dear Jesse (or whom it may concern):

I've sent three separate emails to Shop@tvnewslies.org, with no response. The first was in November 2006, requesting a cancellation of my quarterly donation. In February 2007, my credit card was billed for another donation, so I emailed requesting a refund, and in March I emailed again.

I haven't gotten a response or a refund, which is why I'm posting here.

Does that email address work? Did you receive any of my emails? If your spam filter is catching billing-related messages from your subscribers/supporters, you really ought to fix it. (For your reference, the dates of my messages were: 06 Nov 2006, 08 Feb 2007, 03 Mar 2007, and all three messages had "Donation cancellation" in the subject.)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that all of this was an honest error, contrary to my experience with Alex Jones/PrisonPlanet.tv, where I've sent 11 emails and received 6 responses, several of them promising a refund (for a charge I received after they confirmed my subscription was cancelled), yet after 7 months haven't seen a penny. I don't know what their problem is, but from their responses I know it's not an email problem; hopefully yours is nothing more.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter,
macauleym

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Maybe try a PM .. that might work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Plus try his blog. He responds to people who query him there! Pick the most recent blog and do it early in the day.

http://tvnewslies.org/blog

Thanks for helping him anyway. He can sure use the help. It's tough taking an anti MSM stand and try to support yourself. This is his full time job, and he is very busy at it.

Hope this helps.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry you're having trouble contacting Jesse, macauleym. What you've experienced is unfortunate, and I'm sure Jesse isn't ignoring you deliberately.

All of the suggestions given to you in this thread are good ones. Have you considered contacting your credit card company's reps (good luck on getting an actual human!) and telling them you are no longer authorizing the donation to TV News Lies?

Follow up a phone call with a notice in writing....and keep a copy. It's worth a try.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Now what?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:28 pm 

Jesse hasn't replied to my PM (11 days ago), and he billed me again on 5/3, overdrawing my bank account. I posted to his blog just now:

http://tvnewslies.org/blog/?p=620#comment-5681

Will he delete the comment? Will he read it? Will I get my 44 bucks back?

I'm not happy.

TvNewsLIES.org and PrisonPlanet.tv are the only two businesses I have ever had to beg to get my money back, and in both cases I'm still waiting. This does not lend a good image to the 9/11 truth movement.

I am not a cynical person, but this is ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:30 pm 

P.S. A few hours later, I see my comment disappeared from the blog, and no word from Jesse, either by PM or by email. What kind of racket is this?

What's next, is this thread going to be deleted? (Will any of you save it?) Am I going to be banned from the forum? I hope some of you are watching this, and I hope Jesse grows up and deals with this responsibly so he doesn't embarrass himself in front of any of his supporters who might reading this.

I don't have a grudge, I just want my 44 bucks back, ASAP. If Jesse has any integrity, this should be simple, and as soon as I hear from him or see the refund, I'll post here and let you know, and if any of my assumptions were shown to be faulty, I'll correct them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any reasonable person having the problem you've described would've called their bank by now and stopped payment. Any reasonable person having the problem you've described would've called their credit card company by now and stopped payment. Any reasonable person would've called whatever source their monies are being paid out of to an account no longer wanted by now and stopped the payment.

Perhaps you're a paid Republican shill? Perhaps you've come onto this board to try to blacken Jesse's name and credibility?

Think about it.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:53 pm 

Catherine:

I don't blame Jesse for causing my bank account to overdraw, and I didn't mean to imply that that was his fault. The overdraw is my responsibility, and if I had bothered to contact my bank, I could have prevented it, and maybe prevented the most recent one of Jesse's two erroneous charges.

But I do, quite reasonably I think, blame him for not responding to multiple emails (after months), not responding to a PM (after 11 days), and apparently deleting my comment from his blog, while still not contacting me or refunding the 44 dollars he has erroneously charged me. I blame him for subscribing me to a scheduled donation after one request, while failing to cancel that subscription (or even respond) after four requests.

Jesse is welcome to defend his own name and credibility. But if you'd like to help both of us, contact him (I've tried four times without success) and send him to this page. If he thinks I've lied about anything or made any faulty assumptions, let him post a reply and set the record straight. This is his website/forum, so I'm the only one who is legitimately afraid of being banned or having my posts deleted. Only when my comment disappeared from his blog this morning did I consider that a real possibility, and therefore I posted in the way that I did.

Hopefully there's some other explanation, and if so, I look forwarding to finally hearing from Jesse and having everything cleared up.

I wish I were getting paid for this; the sooner Jesse responds and refunds my 44 dollars, the sooner I'll shut up and go away.

Meanwhile, I rest my case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have no intention of deleting this thread, macauleym. But thank you for explaining your position a bit further.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Update/Good news
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:28 am 

Update/Good news: I got an email from Jesse yesterday afternoon, explaining that he deleted my comment from his blog but that if I replied to his email with my information, he would cancel my donations.

I didn't see this email until the next day because I had been booted in Windows and using webmail, unaware that the email address I used when I signed up for the blog was not forwarded to this webmail account (as most of my email is). When I rebooted in Linux the next day (today), Jesse's email downloaded into my email program, where I saw it for the first time.

To Jesse's credit, this email was apparently sent within an hour of my blog comment; I apologize for not seeing it sooner and therefore assuming (incorrectly) that my blog comment was deleted without response or explanation (just as my previous three emails and subsequent PM went unanswered).

I've just replied to Jesse's email, and I'll post another update when things move forward with the cancellation and refund. At this point I'm optimistic, and assuming everything goes smoothly from here, I'll edit my previous posts in this thread to clear up any misunderstandings or false assumptions which I might have made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is indeed good news, macauleym, and thank you for keeping us apprised of your progress. But thank you most of all for your willingness to clarify everything, too, once it's all said and done.

Isn't it amazing how something as simple as not seeing an email can cause great difficulty?

As I told you before, I believe in the mission of TVNL and I believe the founder of TVNL wouldn't intentionally cause problems for anyone, except maybe a neocon and his or her lying friends in the media. :wink:

I hope you will remain a member here and join our discussions as often as you can.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 am 

Macauleym, so glad this turned out to be an oversight, not anything worse. I do hope it will be cleared up soon.

Thank you for continuing to post through this experience. It would be so easy to just be angry and leave a negative post and then just go away. As it is, you continued to keep us posted as to what was going on, not leave us hanging.

I hope you will look the site over and post here. Cool heads that think things through are our kind of people! We are serious about what we do here, and appreciate input from different sources.

Thank you for the way you handled this matter.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Finally
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm 

Well, a week after I replied to Jesse's email (in response to my blog comment -- the first message I was able to get through to him), having received no word about a cancellation or refund, I emailed again, and then I decided to call.

Perhaps I should have done that sooner. He answered the phone, and as we talked, he pulled up my account, cancelled it (my email last week apparently didn't do it), and wrote out a check for the refund amount and addressed and stamped an envelope.

Apparently Shop@tvnewslies.org, which has been listed on http://www.tvnewslies.org/html/contact.html since at least November 2006 (when I first tried to cancel my donation) as the email address for "Questions/comments related to our shops or about your donations", is defunct, and Jesse said he would fix it. I wonder how many other people tried to contact him about their donations, using that email address.

It sounds like Jesse's email system is overloaded and for anyone wishing to cancel a donation, the most reliable way to contact him is by phone, at the number listed on http://www.tvnewslies.org/html/contact.html . Perhaps he (or anyone who administers the website) should put up a note to that effect, so that other people don't run into the same problem as I did, having months go by with multiple email requests unanswered and no refund or communication forthcoming.

Anyway, I'm glad this is finally resolved, assuming the check is indeed in the mail and clears at the bank, as I expect.

Thanks to those of you who posted here for your help and attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 am 

Thank you macauleym, for handling this whole thing as an adult and not blowing your top and jumping to the conclusion someone was out to cheat you--most people would not have done so well.

You are a gentleman (or lady) and as frustrating as this has been for you, it is good to see someone who approaches a problem as a problem, not a trap.

I, too, hope that check is in the mail and this situation is over.

Still hope you will come back if you have time--we really like good people here.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:28 pm 

As expected, the check from Jesse arrived (surprisingly fast for cross-country first-class mail) and went through at the bank.

Thanks for the invitations; I will join the discussions here if I have time.