It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General Discontent
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 pm 

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/050907A.shtml

General Discontent By Jake Tapper
ABC News

Wednesday 09 May 2007

In an act of defiance perhaps not seen since President Truman fired Gen. Douglas MacArthur, today the anti-war veterans group VoteVets.org, which has been influential with Capitol Hill Democrats, is launching a half-million-dollar TV ad campaign featuring Maj Gen John Batiste (Ret.), former commanding general of the first infantry division in Iraq.

The ad begins with a clip President George W. Bush saying "I have always said that I will listen to the requests of our commanders on the ground."

Batiste then appears, saying, "Mr. President, you did not listen. You continue to pursue a failed strategy that is breaking our great Army and Marine Corps. I left the Army in protest in order to speak out. Mr. President, you have placed our nation in peril. Our only hope is that Congress will act now to protect our fighting men and women."

The video was shown on Olbermann's news program, and it is impressive!

Thank you VoteVets.org for your courage and excellent values!

From the article:
Quote:
Meanwhile, at the VFW headquarters in DC later today, according to the ARMY TIMES, an "Appeal for Courage" petition signed by 2,700 current and former service members supporting continued U.S. combat operations in Iraq will be given to House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC.

"The petition was organized by two U.S. service members serving in Iraq, Navy Lt. Jason Nichols, serving in Baghdad, and Minnesota National Guard Staff Sgt. David Thul, who is conducting convoy operations in Iraq with the 34th Infantry Division," the newspaper reports.

I have been receiving DVDs from the VFW, wanting me to send them payment for articles I did not order, nor do I wish to have them. I sent them one letter saying I do not want these or anything from the VFW because they continually support George Bush and Dick Cheney and I don't. I will now send them another letter telling them every time I receive anything from them I will send a donation to VoteVets.org. I don't have to tell them it has to be a very small donation, but it will be a donation.

I do not support war mongers if I can help it!!!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:51 am 

On Keith Olbermann's show last night, he said Gen. Batiste was fired by CBS for making that video. Gen. Batiste was on the show, and still feels he has done the right thing. He is worried about our country and the military he loves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:38 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.
Douglas MacArthur

Need I say more ?

TUT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, yeah...George REALLY LISTENS! :evil:

White House opposes military pay raise

The White House has come out in opposition to a proposal by Congress to raise military pay by 3.5 percent, according to a report by Army Times.

The administration had originally asked for only a 3 percent increase in pay, equal to private sector pay increases, effective January 1, 2008. The House Armed Services Committee raised the increase to 3.5 percent for 2008, and also recommended increases in 2009 through 2012 that would be 0.5 percent higher than private sector raises.

"The slightly bigger military raises are intended to reduce the gap between military and civilian pay that stands at about 3.9 percent today," according to the report. "Under the bill, HR 1585, the pay gap would be reduced to 1.4 percent after the Jan. 1, 2012, pay increase."

The report continues, "Bush budget officials said the administration 'strongly opposes' both the 3.5 percent raise for 2008 and the follow-on increases, calling extra pay increases 'unnecessary.'"

The White House's policy statement opposed several other Congressional provisions as well, including a death gratuity for civilians who die in support of military operations and benefits for disabled retireees and their survivors.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:14 pm 

What he is against is an 'extra' $6. Imagine what that $6 means to a family trying to get along on next to nothing.

And Mr. I Am the Decider, has decided it is too much to pay to our people in the military.

Many of the people taken off voting rolls were those in Iraq.

How much more can this administration do to show their utter disdain for the very people Bush uses as his 'backdrop' in his speaches?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Actually he denied a $2.38 per day pay raise. I must ask how much he denied Carlyle and Haliburton etc,etc,etc...... cost plus contracts ? He is quite simply the most incapable and thereby evil human to rule the greatest nation on earth. The idiots that cast their votes for this demented human now have an obligation to rise up and "Tear Down The Walls" he has built around us or forever be imprisoned by the mindset of Big Brother.

You have no idea how pissed I am. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TuT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What I want to see is Bush's "approval percentage" continuing to drop. There's not much that will be done about him now, but those Republicans who are up for re-election in 2008 are sweating bullets every time their "dear leader" emits another one of his brainfarts. His base is eroding, and this will, hopefully, make it erode even further.

What a way to say THANKS to the troops! :evil: Hell, the white tie party Bush gave for the Queen of England, and entertaining Princess Tony when he arrives for one more sleepover at the White House probably cost more than most of the cost of a raise for the troops.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

It is always hard for the higher ups to hear that things are going to shit.. Just make sure that you do not say anything to the media. They do not want it getting around that things are not going as they want....