According to the Russians, there is lots of oil in locations in or around Russia. It would be nice to have a list of all oil locations. Being told that oil is rare like Gold & Diamonds, sserves the same purpose, tol keep the prices very high. Copper is the latest rare item and the price has shot way up. What's next? Maybe plastic, rubber, Iron .. Who knows? I'm not saying they might not be less oil, I'm saying they'll do what they have always done - Lie, scam, exploit and so on. If they can -> they will. I'm not going to jump onto the rare oil band wagon, when I know we will never know the real truth of the situation. If they can convince us that oil is rare and running out, it will be $7.00 or more bucks a gallon before you know it. The only way they can make sure it is rare, is control all oil areas and keep it in the ground. Never let them know the true amounts. They will because that is what they do and that is how they operate.
For years they (Cartel) have bought up almost every fuel saving idea and then buried them. Like with low fuel usage for cars and so on. No mater what it is, be it alternative / synthetic, they will control / manipulate the production, flow and prices. Tis their way.
Anyway, earlier I mentioned - synthetic fuel from coal. There is some history on ww2 and how the Germans were doing it here. Making it cleaner would be very important today.
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airc ... becker.htm
Inasmuch as natural oil deposits in Germany were so few, long before the war efforts had been made to discover synthetic methods of producing gasoline and oil. In view of the country’s wealth of coal, it was logical to look in this direction for a solution. Both coal and petroleum are mixtures of hydrocarbons, and the problem was how best and most efficiently to isolate these elements from the coal and transmute them into oil. By the time Hitler became chancellor in 1933, four methods of achieving this were either available or in early stages of perfection.
The first process produced benzol, a byproduct of coking. Benzol was used as a fuel in admixture with gasoline. The drawback to increased production of benzol was the fact that it was tied to the quantities of coke that were needed at any given time, and these in turn were determined by the production limits of crude iron.
The second method produced a distillate from lignite coal. Brown or soft coal was gently heated, and the tars and oil were then extracted and distilled into fuel. The end product was of such low quality, however, that only 10 percent could be used as gasoline, with the remaining 90 percent useful only as heating oil and diesel fuel.
A few more reads ...
http://ergobalance.blogspot.com/2007/04 ... ction.html
http://www.americanenergyindependence.c ... rbons.html