It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please correct me, I like it! I want to be wrong!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:13 pm 

Greetings,

If you are one of the few the following is intended for, welcome to my side of the story.

In an attempt to dispel the rumors concerning my patriotism, I've decided to write this.
I love my country. We need a new government.

First, a little background...

I was born in 1963, which means I'm not as old as I feel. I am 42 this year.

My mother was a divorced woman, and raised two children on her own. She had to
move us to the state capital so she could lobby for a food stamp program. This taught me
that no matter how critical the issue, our government will not address it until it's in their face.

I have been a news junky all my life. At nine years old, I remember Walter Cronkite stating
that the news release from the Pentagon said that the US military was pulling out of
Nam Penh (anyone else remember?). The very next news report was from Dan Rather in the
field in Vietnam, reporting on the advance into Nam Penh. This taught me that our government
gives us no credit for intelligence, tells us only what they want to, and lies when the truth is
inconvenient. ("our" government) This has only been reinforced for me time and time (and time)
again. And "reporters" not "embedded" are now warned for their safety.

I had the privilege of eating lunch with my great-grandmother every day for a year in grade
school. She was a good woman, a good Mormon, and a Creek Indian. The eastern tribes have
a slightly different version of Thanksgiving. The biggest "Turkeys" weren't on the table, they
were seated. This taught me that the winners write the history books.

I joined the National Guard at 21 years, as I felt a duty to serve my community. After the
courts-martial of my drill instructor in the middle of the training cycle for trainee abuse, we
completed the training on our own. I've never seen the movie "Stripes" with quite the same
perspective as most. Upon my return from the training, I was given a general discharge.
"Unsuitable for Military Service". This taught me that no matter the intentions, even the
military would rather not deal with "difficult" issues. And no matter how bitter you feel,
don't bother complaining to your government. It's not their problem.

Two years later, I had "something" happen to me. I am still at a loss to explain it, but one day while
working, I heard/felt a "something". There was a "brightening". At that moment (and every since
then) I knew there is a divine presence. This forced me to reassess everything I had been through,
every word, every deed, every experience. I would recommend this for anyone, but don't call an
ex-lover from five years prior to apologize for being an ass. That action could call your sanity
into question.

Did I mention that I'm a news junky? That isn't entirely accurate, as I'm a history buff, and the
news is history in progress. I get a little irrational about it. But then, I can be forgiven for the
inaccuracy. I'd put my accuracy score against that of the the major media news outlets, any day.

Enough about me. Here are a few facts:

On December 23, 1913, the Congress of the United States passed legislation effectively
giving our economy to the banks. This was drafted in secret, and rammed through
congress. (Sound familiar?) Our Constitution says only Congress shall have the power
to coin money. The Federal Reserve Act put a stop to that.
The primary support for the Nazi Party prior to WWII came from the United States in
Prescott BUSH. With full knowledge of the US government.
Roosevelt knew about the planned attack on Pearl Harbor days in advance. But the US
population was overwhelmingly opposed to entering another war, and only a "significant
event" would change the tide.
Kennedy ordered the issue of currency based on the full faith and credit of the US Government.
Independent of the Federal Reserve. Not to say there might be a connection, but reversing
that was the FIRST item taken up by the Johnson Administration. Even before the funeral.
Nixon didn't do anything much different than any other president, in either the action or the
attempted cover-up. He was allowed to fry. D├ętente with the Soviets wasn't on the agenda for
certain up and coming political potentates. Names like Cheney, Rumsfeldt, and Wolfowitz.
<I have a video clip of a young Don Rumsfeldt explaining that the reason we hadn't seen a build-up
in the Soviet military was due to an increase in their ability to move covertly, thus indicating a
clear and immediate danger to the US, it's really funny to watch... Same "words", different day>
The "October Surprise" that effectively put Reagan into office was brought about through the covert
and illegal negotiations Vice-presidential candidate Bush had with Iran. To delay the release of
US hostages. We don't negotiate with terrorists, right? By the way, statute of limitations on that
would be seven years. Then you can even be elected.
The Iran/Contra affair paid the bill for that with drugs moved by the CIA and the funds used to
purchase weapons sold to the Iranians and Contras. How many in El Salvador died? Where did
the CIA sell the drugs? There are more questions for Mr. Oliver North. He was presidentially
pardoned.

This is only the start, I haven't even reached the 90's yet. Or touched on the Franklin Savings and Loan
scandal, and it's potential to dirty fully half the politicians in Washington at that time (1988). The primary
difference between that and Clinton's Whitewater are the players. They include Republicans.

As are most Media owners.

When "my" government says look left, I'll look right. Democratic or Republican, it's makes no difference.

God help us all.

Michael Moore either an idiot or a genius. I'm leaning towards idiot. Check out Alex Jones. Or,
"The Power of Nightmares", a BBC documentary produced late last year. I have the transcript, it won't be
shown in the US. Not anytime soon.

Rob Clark
Deming, NM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:09 pm 
Deal With It!

Do you mean Phnom Penh?

And I think when you look a Billy Clinton for what he really is, a slightly right leaning Republican, much of the past 30 years may come quickly into focus.

There's too much going on here in so many arenas to catch it all.

There are too many coincidences, not enough time to chase them all down.

I don't think that Moore's an idiot. I personally think that he doesn't dig deep enough. Remember, the general public has a short attention span. They want to be entertained, not enlightened. Look at Mike's works from that perspective. If he put it all on a platter to peruse, too many folks would easily be overwhelmed or perhaps even "bored".

You've done quite a bit of digging. I think that you're on the right track. Alex Jones can be a starting point. Fan out from there by googling key words like Fascist and the like.

Power of Nightmares was a good documentary. Download the transcripts if you can.

Happy Hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:30 am 

Quote:
****Mikey Savage is a mental disorder****

Love it!

Just as Nixon was able to deal with the Chinese which Dems were not allowed to do, Clinton put programs into place such as 'welfare to work' which Rs would not have been allowed to do. Ah, the good ol' days.

Now there are Rs talking about using the 'welfare to work' program as a blueprint for people receiving Social Security. "No reason people shouldn't work for their money" is the rallying cry. This is based on the premise SS is government money. It isn't. It belongs to the people who paid into the system--it is an insurance policy, not a give-away.

And why is it the 'family values' people are the hardest on people trying to raise their families? Too many children have been destroyed by the ideas of those who crow about their 'family values'.

'Does not compute' keeps running through my mind.

Post subject: Several good points...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:20 am 

But I have to admit, the Libertarian Party Platform VERY closely matches my views. Except SS. I don't think the government should run it, their place was to suggest it and turn it over to a private insurer, as a retirement/disability INSURANCE policy. Voluntary.
Second biggest case of fraud in the 20th century.
Rob
Really not the place for this, http://www.lp.org/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]