It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I like it here because
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:11 pm 
Involved
Involved

After being here off and on, mostly off, I have found you all to be a fine group of people. What I have found here unlike other boards I have been on is you treat everyone as an equal human being. Other boards think that because they have a collage education/degree they are smarter or better than you, and put you down because of your limited education. What they fail to understand is some of us were/are unable to afford this. Another thing they fail to realize is, this once Great Nation was built by people like myself with limited education.

I do have a high school education and some tech school. Some because I cant afford to finish and also don't have the time working full time and being single.

What I have found through my 40+ years is most folks with Book knowledge can not project this to a working environment. Sure they may have the knowledge but they don't know how too use the tools to make it work. Example- Iraq

I do have some book knowledge but mostly street knowledge. I guess you could say I am a ROAD scholar. :lol:
I am one of those kind of people that has a hard time explaining myself even though I know what I am trying to explain. Does that make sense :?:
I am also one who can answer a question better than asking a question,though I may at times have a hard time explaining it/my thoughts.

So with that being said, any question you may ask of me I will try and explain it the best I can. I also enjoy the challenge of finding an answer to most unanswerable questions.

A fellow not to many years ago wanted to pick a fight with me. He said That he was young and fast. I said, well I'm old and wise and I'll cut your ass. Needless to say, that was the end of the fight.

Later, Ed aka 2_4GHz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:32 pm 

Aw Ed. That was so wonderful and eloquent. Thanks for being here and sharing yourself with us. And we are all well aware that anyone is smart, not just because of their education, but because of their enviroment and experiences.

I can surely say that we are all glad you are here and we hope you post more often; clearly you have tons to add.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thank you 2_4 GHz for your kind words. We have tried to create a safe zone for those who have real thoughts on their mind about the way we are being dragged down the passage of time. Most of us recognize the lies aand their purpose, but have nowhere safe to communicate it. At this site, we have fought hard for your right to express your views and feel that you are not alone in asking the meaning and purpose to events and beliefs.

Sometimes purpose, meaning, events and beliefs become seriously intertwined and tangled into a mess of garbled propaganda and programming, as people seem to be fixated more with what they beileve than what they know. Pretend becomes reality. That is when we draw the line and send these types to the PHANTOM ZONE or FUNNY FARM for "corrective thinking". One has to ask a seriously twisted question or promote a fixated agenda, while spewing fundamentalist rhetoric, to be banned to the STEEL CAGE. On the web where one "assumes" anonimity, finding ways to check and balance trolls and flamers is a difficult task to perform fairly. If these people were "in your face" instead of hiding behind a terminal, they'd have to be more honest about their beilefs. So it is up to us to spot the deception and deal with them appropriately.

I spent most of my years being "Road" Scholored like you. Since coming onto BB's and spreading my interests and research appropriately, I have become more aware of the issues that make people wiser or compacently permanent high schoolers. Teachers are merely, or should be, guides to knowledge and not disciplinarians. You will find that this site has a few great teachers who care about their students and really try to help them think- a rarity indeed in this society of oppression and subservience. Not merely turning out tools for industry but those that have the ability to think rationally on issues and beliefs- how to differentiate between reality and fantasy- is a challenge in a world that adores the great lies they follow. Also we have a great group of girls who really keep us all in line by reasoning with the male ego when we get out of line.

With all the info on the web, and some wonderful researchers here, we gather whatever we find relevant to help each other piece the complex picture of life that we all have to face and accept as real. It is a constant search for truth and honesty that gives us hope that humans can rise above the level of devolution we are destined to become, if we continue on our path of ignorance. If one can rise above the stagnant life we have created here, then perhaps there's hope for us and we won't engage in bombing ourselves back to stone.

For every person like yourself, who despite all the programming and lies has seen the other side of reality, which has sent us on our pursuit of knowledge and truth beyond the cognitive behavioural traits of the oppressed peoples, to see the bigger picture of individualized dreams as an affront to the reality we now face! This is the mark of a person who has had enough of the bullshit, and while being dissociated from information pertinent to personal and political growth, has wrestled out a place where he can express his angst and ennui.

This is a safe place to come and wrestle mentally and hopefully help to understand the limited ways we are fed information and where rants and queries are very appropriate. When one has to vent, we're here to try to help see a clearer definition of the unknown and known- helping to put the dots together into a clearer picture. It doesn't always work, but searching brings better results than being told what is real, like so many pre-programmed sheeple the world has to offer as guides.

We welcome you and what you have to contribute. If your first examples of posts are representative of what you have to offer us, then we are lucky to have you here. Thank you for finding us- we can always use a clear intelligent mind here, as we all need to grow and learn together. Aren't healing/helping communities the greatest!! Something we should return to is the safety and security of the herd. Hope you feel safe and secure here as well, post often and stay.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I'm speechless...and that's rare for me! :D But thank you so much for caring enough to say that you like it here and that you feel comfortable, Ed...got anymore like you still hanging around the homestead? If so, they're welcome to post here, too. Invite your friends. Invite people who you think need some good, old-fashioned enlightenment, especially if they're Faux News watchers! We like spirited debate, but mostly we like to share information and discuss things with people who are smart...and I don't mean just book-learning smart. My father had only an elementary school education, but he was one of the smartest men I've ever known. He read many different kinds of books and loved to talk about a variety of topics.

One of the reasons we've got all the different forums that we have here at TVNL is that politics can get tiresome and it can cause folks who might otherwise be friends not to ever talk outside of that realm. This forum is the result of that line of thought.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you here frequently, sharing all of that Road knowledge with us, and with all the lurkers that seem to be here all the time.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman