It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
So now he's gone, but the taint he left behind remains. And the World Bank let it happen, helping its soon-to-be-former liar-in-chief murder the Truth once again. If the bank really wanted to resolve this scandal properly, it should have shown true integrity by firing Wolfowitz instead of letting him get away with his misdeeds.

I agree wholeheartedly, Michael.

Wolfowitz will write a book, appear on Larry King and Oprah, whine a little, crack a few jokes, preen for the cameras, look appropriately solemn when he's supposed to, and then trot off to enjoy his stylish and very comfortable retirement...when he should be occupying a jail cell, eating white bread, bologna, and canned pears, and being paid about twelve cents an hour making license tags, for a very, very long time. :evil:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:37 am 

It's time to remove the cowards who betrayed us from public office. I'll be updating my list of Congressional Democrats to hold recall elections against, but it would help immensely if you could please spread this to as many people in the legislative districts as possible. We should not wait until November 2008 to remove this bunch from power they fumbled away.

http://the-truth-zone.blogspot.com/2007 ... eople.html

Post subject: It's time for us to get busy recalling.
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 am 

DIRECT LINK 1

DIRECT LINK 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 pm 

Quote:
The Constitution sets no firm standards for impeachment. Gerald Ford once noted - and Bill Clinton came to rue - that "high crimes and misdemeanors" is such an amorphous term that it means whatever a majority of the House says it means. But trying to drape that mantle around charges that boil down to political and policy disagreements - no matter how heartfelt - would be a horrid precedent.

From this site: http://kucinich.com/kucinich/ which came from an anti-Kucinich site: http://kucinich.com/kucinich/index2.htm

I LOVE Kucinich! If he looked like Romney the whole nation might well love Kucinich.

We are such a shallow people...

Yes, we should contact our turntail Dems, Michael, and keep contacting them. I have no idea how they think continuing the war under their okay is any better than doing so under R applause. Does the whole country have to bang on their doors and tell them so? Aparently so. So I am telling the ones that voted against the measure 'thank you' (never hurts to say thank you when they do something right even if they did it for the wrong reason--just let them know you are still watching them), and telling people like Harkin (sob) I am very disappointed in them.

I expect better from the Dems, and demand they pay attention to the people for a change!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, Michael. I've made the contacts and passed the info along. Hopefully, these cowardly senators will be inundated with negative responses from people who feel betrayed, as I do.

Excellent idea, dori, to say thanks to those who aren't cowards.

I'm also wondering if the Dems haven't allowed the Repubs to sneak another one in on them just in time for the 2008 campaign. People have very short memories. If the Republicans look like they're the ones who want to begin troop withdrawal before the end of this year, they're going to appear to the sheeple to be the ones who want to end the war, not the Dems.

Republican senator: GOP will be ready by September to start looking at troop withdrawal

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:35 am 

Some people in government are stupid, but most aren't. So why do the Dems always play 'follow the leader' when the leader is almost anyone R?

Catherine, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Rs use this to tar the Dems again.

Why don't the Dems wake up? 10 Dems and one Independent plus three Rs voted 'NO' in the Senate. Disgraceful.

I am angry, but as much as Jesse wants us all to hate Dems, I don't. What I am angry about is that our government is so beholden to money--and it corrupts everyone.

Is there someone out there who can do a better job of staying true to the Constitution while begging for money to run for office? I haven't seen that person if there is.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Washington Post's Richard Cohen lied about the Libby case.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:55 pm 

Direct Link

Post subject: How could they have "had no choice"?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 am 

DIRECT LINK

Unbelievable.

Post subject: Yahoo News Leaves Out Pelletiere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:56 am 

DIRECT LINK

I'm getting sick of having to bring this up every time somebody mentions the gassing of Kurds in Iraq. The mainstream media, habitually uncritical of anything produced by the Bush White House, usually leaves out dissenting evidence showing that--at least in 1988--Iran was responsible for gassing Kurds during its war with Iraq. One would think that the senior CIA analyst for Iraq during that country's war with Iran would garner better and more attention. It is one thing to deliberately gas civilians, especially absent any conflict. But this charge, leveled at Saddam Hussein and his top officers, was never conclusively proven. And evidence showing likely Iranian involvement in the deaths of Kurdish guerrillas in 1988, had it gained the attention it deserved, would have drastically weakened a key justification for invading and occupying Iraq before we went in. Once again, the full truth is hidden away.

Why? I think it's so people who supported the invasion on these grounds can sleep better at night. Because if they knew, or allowed themselves to know, that the charges of gassing weren't all that strong they might have had a tougher time justifying that support in their own minds. They might also have the weight of over half a million Iraqi civilian deaths and thousands of dead American G.I.s on their consciences. But that's just my opinion. What irks me is that the other side of this discussion so often is left out, and it deserves to be included.

Last edited by Michael Kwiatkowski on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Kurds never seemed to worry the US government before we needed so much of the Middle Eastern oil. It also seems that most of those close to the inner workings of the Saddam government are being put to death. They probably know too much, while those who are missing from the dock are more guilty than those being sentenced to die.

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20070622_the_trial_of_saddam_hussein_we_never_saw/]The Trial of Saddam Hussein We Never Saw
[/url]

Quote:
On June 24th in Baghdad the Special Iraqi Tribunal is due to hand down a verdict against several of Saddam Hussein’s officials charged with the slaughter of some 180,000 Kurds during the Al Anfal campaign in 1988.

The tribunal was established to prosecute those guilty of crimes against humanity during Saddam’s reign. Much as the Nuremburg Tribunal did with the Nazis, It was also supposedly meant to educate Iraqis and the world about Saddam and his barbarous regime and, at the same time, to bring a kind of closure to that nightmarish epoch. That at least was the fiction. The fact is that many of those complicit in Saddam’s crimes—some of the world’s most prominent leaders and businessmen, past and present—are missing from the dock. The full story of Saddam’s crimes will never be told.

Which is just as planned. From the start, the tribunal was established, financed and advised by the United States, the same power that once helped arm Saddam, encouraged him and stymied attempts of others to rein him in. Even most of the forensic investigations—the excavation of mass graves and the examination of mountains of documents—were carried out under the supervision of U.S. investigators. To make the rules of the game perfectly clear, one of the tribunal’s regulations, constantly overlooked by the media, is that only Iraqi citizens and residents can be charged with crimes before that court

Read more at the link.

"Yesterday at his ranch in Texas, President Bush hosted the leader of NATO. There was an awkward moment when Bush said, 'Maybe some day I could visit you in Natonia.'" --Conan O'Brien

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am 

The Truth Zone discussion forum has a new home:

http://thetruthzone.org/forums

And it's mine, all mine! :lol: You'll have to register for an account to view the boards, but it's worth it to participate in online discussion.

Post subject: More Bush complicity in leak: judge tosses Plame's lawsuit.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Bush appointee tosses out Plame's lawsuit

A federal judge appointed by George W. Bush tossed out the lawsuit by former CIA covert operative Valerie Plame Wilson and her husband, former ambassador Joe Wilson, against the men who compromised her identity. The two had filed a civil suit against Dick Cheney, I. Lewis Libby and other Bush regime officials for outing Plame as CIA in 2003. The judge, John Bates, accepted false arguments from the defense claiming that Cheney and other regime officials are protected by federal law from being sued.

More...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plame to Appeal Dismissal of Suit in CIA Case

Quote:
Lawyers for CIA operative Valerie Plame say they plan to appeal a judge's decision dismissing Plame's lawsuit against Vice President Cheney and other current and former Bush administration officials.

Plame claiming they leaked her covert CIA status in retribution for her husband's public criticism of the administration.

In 2003, Plame's husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, accused the administration of manipulating intelligence to justify the Iraq war. His detailed critique in The New York Times forced the White House to recant a key piece of evidence the president cited in his State of the Union justification for the war.

Thursday, Judge John Bates, a Bush appointee, acknowledged that the Plame lawsuit raised questions as to the propriety of actions taken by government officials at the highest level. But the judge dismissed the case, saying it was outside the court's jurisdiction as authorized by Congress.

Bates is just another BUSH planted turd in the judicial system. In dismissing this lawsuit, he's been a good boy and will probably be handsomely rewarded by the Godfather.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Democrats caved in -- AGAIN.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:06 am 

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why we still have a Democrat-led Congress, if all it's going to do is acquiesce to George W. Bush?

More...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:38 pm 

Just thought I'd give you all the heads up: I now have an arcade feature on my discussion forum that is available to paid subscribers. :D