It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iraq Slogger ( True News ).
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:44 pm 

IraqSlogger is the world's premier Iraq-focused Web site. The free 24/7 up-to-the-minute news service provides an unrivaled combination of exclusive and third party reporting and analysis on Iraq. IraqSlogger reports on traditional topics as well as extraordinary topics: black market prices in Baghdad, the buzz on Iraq's streets, the latest graffiti in Iraq, and more. IraqSlogger's contributors include journalists in Iraq, the U.S., and elsewhere who are committed to providing insightful and, at times, unconventional, reporting and analysis, as well as links to, and critiques of, reporting and analysis in U.S. and Iraqi news outlets. IraqSlogger is committed to providing clarity, truth, and confidence in reporting on Iraq. The founding team includes Eason Jordan, Robert Young Pelton, Nir Rosen, Zeyad, Amer Mohsen, and Anna Shen. Our contributors include 50 Iraq-based correspondents, experts, and tipsters; and reporters and Iraq analysts in the U.S. and elsewhere.
http://www.iraqslogger.com/index.php

And all this without those annoying sometimes very STUPID commercials for drugs etc. No lousy SPIN either. As long as our Men and Women are there we should be getting the REAL scoop instead of LIES !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A friend of mine told be that he has recently added some News Channels to his Sat-Dish subscription. (I use old VHF antennas)I don't have one, so not really up on it. He went on to say that he heard this and that news about Iraq on CNN. I tried to explain the MSM to him and how he won't get News of much of value from the MSM / CNN and Fox ... etc. I'll send him the link to this site Grail and perhaps he'll look it over, if he is really is interested in Iraq? I doubt it, but does anyone know of any News channels worth checking out via Sat-dish? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:12 pm 

Surprisingly enough, MSNBC has been doing quite well in its news coverage. It's far from perfect, but more viewers appear to be getting more accurate news from that network these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keith Olberman has helped MSNBC do a much better job of reporting the news. His viewers proved that not everybody on the planet is watching Faux. I know far too many people still are, though. If the Fairness Doctrine is ever reinstated, Fox News will have a very, very big problem!

Quote:
Olbermann's show, Countdown, posted the largest gain, 76%, in total viewers (52% in viewers aged 25 to 54) for the first quarter of 2007 over the first quarter of 2006 in the 8pm timeslot, while O'Reilly's gains during that period were 5%, Nancy Grace's 12%, and Paula Zahn's suffered a loss of 10%. Overall, O'Reilly still commanded the largest number of total viewers for that time slot in the first quarter of 2007 with nearly 2,391,000 viewers versus Olbermann's 713,000.[12] In the age 25-54 demographic, O'Reilly had 507,000 viewers versus Olbermann's 250,000.[12] By the end of March, Olbermann's ratings had fallen 21% since November 2006 and the show had fallen to third place in the 8pm time slot behind Nancy Grace.[13]By mid-April, Countdown had regained much of its rating loss and was jockeying for second with Nancy Grace and Paula Zahn. [14]

On February 16, 2007, MSNBC reported that Olbermann had signed a four year extension on his contract with MSNBC for Countdown, as well as the inclusion of another show set to air on NBC in the fall. The details of the show have not been fully disclosed, but Olbermann was quoted on air as saying it will deal with commentary segments similar to his "special comments", but not so politically-centric. He has referred to them as "essays.
"[15]

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I can't believe the coverage I get- I've got BBC CBC CTV MSNBC CNN newsworlds - the best part is I don't get Focks news so thing are fair and balanced without the annoying Unfair and Imbalanced ranting from the biased reporters on fox.

From the Iraq slogger-

Saudis' role in Iraq insurgency outlined
Sunni extremists from Saudi Arabia make up half the foreign fighters in Iraq, many suicide bombers, a U.S. official says.
By Ned Parker, Times Staff Writer
July 15, 2007

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ory?page=1
Quote:
Would-be suicide bomber

The fighter, a young college graduate whose mother was a teacher and father a professor, had been recruited in a mosque to join Al Qaeda in Iraq. He was given money for a bus ticket and a phone number to call in Syria to contact a handler who would smuggle him into Iraq.

Once the young Saudi made it in, he was under the care of Iraqis who gave him his final training and indoctrination. At the very last minute, the bomber decided he didn't want to blow himself up. He was supposed to have been one of two truck bombers on a bridge outside Ramadi. When the first truck exploded, he panicked and chose not to trigger his own detonator, and Iraqi police arrested him.

Al Qaeda in Iraq and its affiliate groups number anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 individuals, the senior U.S. military officer said. Iraqis make up the majority of members, facilitating attacks, indoctrinating, fighting, but generally not blowing themselves up. Iraqis account for roughly 10% of suicide bombers, according to the U.S. military.

Another great source of reference to daily life in Iraq and the middle East in general. Thanks gonerail. :D

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks folks .. I'll pass this info on to him. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:18 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Keith Olberman has helped MSNBC do a much better job of reporting the news. His viewers proved that not everybody on the planet is watching Faux. I know far too many people still are, though. If the Fairness Doctrine is ever reinstated, Fox News will have a very, very big problem!

Quote:
Olbermann's show, Countdown, posted the largest gain, 76%, in total viewers (52% in viewers aged 25 to 54) for the first quarter of 2007 over the first quarter of 2006 in the 8pm timeslot, while O'Reilly's gains during that period were 5%, Nancy Grace's 12%, and Paula Zahn's suffered a loss of 10%. Overall, O'Reilly still commanded the largest number of total viewers for that time slot in the first quarter of 2007 with nearly 2,391,000 viewers versus Olbermann's 713,000.[12] In the age 25-54 demographic, O'Reilly had 507,000 viewers versus Olbermann's 250,000.[12] By the end of March, Olbermann's ratings had fallen 21% since November 2006 and the show had fallen to third place in the 8pm time slot behind Nancy Grace.[13]By mid-April, Countdown had regained much of its rating loss and was jockeying for second with Nancy Grace and Paula Zahn. [14]

On February 16, 2007, MSNBC reported that Olbermann had signed a four year extension on his contract with MSNBC for Countdown, as well as the inclusion of another show set to air on NBC in the fall. The details of the show have not been fully disclosed, but Olbermann was quoted on air as saying it will deal with commentary segments similar to his "special comments", but not so politically-centric. He has referred to them as "essays.
"[15]

LINK

What's ironic about the possibility of the Fairness Doctrine making a comeback is that, even if he were required to have right-wingers alongside left-wingers on his show, the truth would still win out. That's because Olbermann actually cares about finding the truth, whereas most of his talking head colleagues treat the whole thing like it's show business and as if truth doesn't matter. And let's face it, if Fox Noise Channel had to give liberals equal air time the network wouldn't be able to act as the Bush regime's de facto propaganda ministry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You're right there Mike It's left up to us to guage what's really unfair and imbalanced, and it appears that Focks has to have it that way or else it would have to fold up. O'Reilly can't parry with a real challenge, he can only threaten. Steven Colbert certainly proved that when he twisted Bill O'Smiley's face upside down. I'm sure if Olberman were invited, he'd have a field day on Wee Willies head, dancing glibly around his traps and snares.

He never has invited his mentor Colbert back, has he!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.