It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ABC channel 7 here
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:54 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Just wanted to tell you ABC was interviewing troops in Iraq and one very brave young man said:

My tour was just extended (he was not happy) and I challenge Pres.Bush,Vice Pres.Cheney and /or any other politician in Washington to come to Iraq and stay by my side and I will extend my own tour an additional 15 months.

I'm hoping the news media is ashamed of the way they have lied to us with all their propoganda and are trying to change course.

Miracles do happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
My tour was just extended (he was not happy) and I challenge Pres.Bush,Vice Pres.Cheney and /or any other politician in Washington to come to Iraq and stay by my side and I will extend my own tour an additional 15 months.

He should receive a medal for bravery! I only hope he survives. Cheney nor Bush either one like to be challenged by anything or anyone that fights back.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They are spent and feeling more broken.

Even the "world's greatest athletes" couldn't take this much stress. John Wayne McCain ought to take up that challenge for more than just a photo-op day.

Fatigue cripples US army in Iraq

Quote:
Peter Beaumont in Baghdad | Sunday August 12, 2007

Exhaustion and combat stress are besieging US troops in Iraq as they battle with a new type of warfare. Some even rely on Red Bull to get through the day. As desertions and absences increase, the military is struggling to cope with the crisis

Hanna and his men are not alone in being tired most of the time. A whole army is exhausted and worn out. You see the young soldiers washed up like driftwood at Baghdad's international airport, waiting to go on leave or returning to their units, sleeping on their body armour on floors and in the dust.

Where once the war in Iraq was defined in conversations with these men by untenable ideas - bringing democracy or defeating al-Qaeda - these days the war in Iraq is defined by different ways of expressing the idea of being weary. It is a theme that is endlessly reiterated as you travel around Iraq. 'The army is worn out. We are just keeping people in theatre who are exhausted,' says a soldier working for the US army public affairs office who is supposed to be telling me how well things have been going since the 'surge' in Baghdad began.

They are not supposed to talk like this. We are driving and another of the public affairs team adds bitterly: 'We should just be allowed to tell the media what is happening here. Let them know that people are worn out. So that their families know back home. But it's like we've become no more than numbers now.'

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.