It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Olbermann: Go to Iraq and fight, Mr. President
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Olbermann: Go to Iraq and fight, Mr. President

Keith Olbermann tells Bush to fight his own war and stop trying to scapegoat others, like Hillary Clinton:

Quote:
It is one of the great, dark, evil lessons, of history.

A country — a government — a military machine — can screw up a war seven ways to Sunday. It can get thousands of its people killed. It can risk the safety of its citizens. It can destroy the fabric of its nation.

But as long as it can identify a scapegoat, it can regain or even gain power.

The Bush administration has opened this Pandora’s Box about Iraq. It has found its scapegoats: Hillary Clinton and us.

The lies and terror tactics with which it deluded this country into war — they had nothing to do with the abomination that Iraq has become. It isn’t Mr. Bush’s fault.

The selection of the wrong war, in the wrong time, in the wrong place — the most disastrous geopolitical tactic since Austria-Hungary attacked Serbia in 1914 and destroyed itself in the process — that had nothing to do with the overwhelming crisis Iraq has become. It isn’t Mr. Bush’s fault.

The criminal lack of planning for the war — the total “jump-off-a-bridge-and-hope-you-can-fly” tone to the failure to anticipate what would follow the deposing of Saddam Hussein — that had nothing to do with the chaos in which Iraq has been enveloped. It isn’t Mr. Bush’s fault.

The utter, blinkered idiocy of “staying the course,” of sending Americans to Iraq and sending them a second time, and a third and a fourth, until they get killed or maimed — the utter de-prioritization of human life, simply so a politician can avoid having to admit a mistake — that had nothing to do with the tens of thousand individual tragedies darkening the lives of American families, forever. It isn’t Mr. Bush’s fault

READ IT ALL AT THE LINK.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: It's not Bush's fault
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:55 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Please don't think I am defending George Bush Jr. I am not.

But he really is not to be blamed for this mess.

He only believes he has the power and is in control. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize he is only a stupid puppet whose strings are being pulled by Trickey Dick Cheney and the other power hungry Republicans in Washington and the big manufacturing conglomerates (big business machines) that can make their own rules to rape the citizens and our country for profit.

All of us are guilty of helping big business to succeed in their scheme - to be in full control - and control the wealth in our country.

NOT ENOUGH BOYCOTTING OF IMPORTED GOODS TO OUR COUNTRY.
All in the name of saving a few dollars at the check out counter.

I am also skittish of Hillary Clinton. She has spent too much time in China.
For what purpose?

Look what China is doing to us.
Poisoning our pets.
Poison in the toothpaste.
Toys for our children contaminated with lead.
Lead in the cheap jewlery our little ones want us to buy for them.
Poison in our food.
Automobil tires that can get you killed on the road with the separation of the tread.
Tainted fish.

But thats okay for Americans ---continue to shop at Wal/Mart and buy all the junk on their shelves from China. You may save a few dollars now, but when all our regular retailers go out of business - You will pay their prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Why do you mean that there are certain institutions that would like to have a one world government from which they can run the worlds finances, trade, and lives of the people as they see fit?

You don't say, you think that our government, both demoncrates and repukelicans has sold us out to these people...have joined forces with them, even though in order to do this they would have to destroy America?

Interesting concept.

It sounds like our system has become corrupt. Guess we will have to destroy the system.

Course I'm a crazy man.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Politicians in general have sold us out - with our consent
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:42 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I agree whole heartedly eagle.

My heading says it all. Politics is a dirty business. If a truly honest person runs for a political seat - hoping to make a difference - they will not last unless they become as corrupt as the rest of them. If they don't cave in they will be murdered.

But the stupity of the general public scares the bee gees out of me.

I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but I have lived long enough to see the handwriting on the wall. We are almost at the stage of a police state.

A major issue before the public and the courts now - are we allowed to have guns in our home? I'm not much of a History buff - but wasen't that the first step Germany took? Disarm the citizens. Then they took charge of the youth so they could be brainwashed and taught to be loyal soldiers of Adolph Hitler. Basically that is what is happening with our educational system now. Only we call it dumming down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dee ann- you're being polite when calling it dumbing down. The Bushitler youth are being Brainwashed and Conditioned. Remember in Germany, these brownshirted little scallywags used to turn their own parents in if they overheard them talking dissent?

My feeling on the gun issue is that 64 million owners will find out that the government is well aware of Charlton Heston's speech to the NRA and are quite willing to take their guns from their "cold dead hands" if they have to.

Dee ann says-
Quote:
I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but I have lived long enough to see the handwriting on the wall. We are almost at the stage of a police state.
You certainly aren't the dullest tack in the box either if all this brainwashing hasn't affected your reasoning powers. There's so many examples of that in America that you should be proud that you were able to figure out the puzzle and recognize the stages we're progressing through on our way to totalitarianism. Too bad more people couldn't figure out what you did, with their supposed years of experience. :o :lol:

The police state is a critical factor in manufacturing consent, as is the enforcement of laws that empower the police to maintain that very oppression. Both those ingredients are there and with a corrupt justice system to validate those laws, all sides of the oppression game are covered. Government legislation, police enforcement and judicial compliance- we don't have a chance!

How long before religion is forced down our throats as was done in Germany before WW2?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you're an Iraq War supporter, this should be required reading:

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20070731_olbermann_takes_on_war_we_might_win_author/]Olbermann Takes On ‘A War We Just Might Win’ Author
[/url]

Keith Olbermann doesn’t object to Michael O’Hanlon’s right to believe that the Iraq war is winnable, but the “Countdown” host isn’t about to let the war cheerleader off the hook as a “constant and consistent critic” of the Iraq debacle, as he’s been billed:

WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!