It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speaker reiterates impeachment is not on her agenda
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Pelosi also reiterated Saturday that she would not engage in what would perhaps be the biggest confrontation possible with the White House -- seeking the impeachment of Bush over the Iraq war.

The speaker said she had "no hesitation" criticizing the president about his handling of the war, but said there were more important priorities for lawmakers -- such as health care and creating jobs -- than the divisive pursuit of impeachment.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/22/MNGH5R4QJO1.DTL

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I will never understand! If it is what the people want.....

By the way CE it is great to hear from ya! :D

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Whooot!!!! I am glad you are back also!!!!! [smilie=peek a boo!.gif]

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Been working on my graduate degree and traveling. I am staying in Peru right now with my brother. I peek in here occasionally to keep an eye on things and see what our great Gubment is up to (or not).

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:05 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I think that Congress should investigate this administration, and that if the evidence from the investigations show impeachable offenses, Congress must follow the rule of law. It is my hope that investigations would increase public and Congressional support for impeachment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

will in chicago wrote:
I think that Congress should investigate this administration, and that if the evidence from the investigations show impeachable offenses, Congress must follow the rule of law. It is my hope that investigations would increase public and Congressional support for impeachment.

Will, I'm not saying this to be snide, I am asking honestly. Are you kidding me?

If the evidence from the investigations show impeachable offenses?

Congress must follow the rule of law?

I agree. We should continue to work with these people in this current system. They have done such a fine job up to this point.

They have lived up to every expectation that I expected them to live up to.

Ah well. Whatever will be will be.

Post subject: Re: Speaker reiterates impeachment is not on her agenda
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 pm 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Quote:
Pelosi also reiterated Saturday that she would not engage in what would perhaps be the biggest confrontation possible with the White House -- seeking the impeachment of Bush over the Iraq war.

The speaker said she had "no hesitation" criticizing the president about his handling of the war, but said there were more important priorities for lawmakers -- such as health care and creating jobs -- than the divisive pursuit of impeachment.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/22/MNGH5R4QJO1.DTL

Then the Speaker is also in need of removal from office. California allows recall elections. Cindy Sheehan should run against her this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There have been two presidents who were investigated and found to have been guilty of impeachable offenses in my lifetime...Nixon and Clinton. Nixon resigned and we all know what happened as a result of Clinton's investigation. The Bush admin has ADMITTED to more impeachable offenses than investigations revealed about the other two presidents. Why the Democrats in Congress won't pursue impeachment of Bush and Cheney is beyond my understanding. At times, I can rationalize it, wishful thinking that their strategy is to wait it out and hope that the low approval ratings of all things Bushco will give them both the White House and more control of the House and the Senate in 2008. Well, that's all just fine and dandy, but in the meantime, Bush continues to give himself more and more power, almost insuring that, if he doesn't choose to leave office in January, 2009, he just won't have to. In my opinion, the future of this country rests on whether or not impeachment proceedings are begun.

Cindy Sheehan has been arrested in DC, calling for the impeachment of Bush and Cheney.....

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/480 ... ch.article

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan was arrested Monday at the Capitol for disorderly conduct, shortly after saying she would run against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the California Democrat's refusal to try to impeach President Bush.

Sheehan was taken into custody inside Rep. John Conyers' office, where she had spent an hour imploring him to launch impeachment proceedings against Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. Conyers, D-Mich., chairs the House Judiciary Committee, where any impeachment effort would have to begin.

''The Democrats will not hold this administration accountable, so we have to hold the Democrats accountable,'' Sheehan said outside of Conyers' office after the meeting. ''And I for one am going to step up to the plate and run against Nancy Pelosi.''

Quote:
''Impeachment is not a fringe movement, it is mandated in our Constitution. Nancy Pelosi had no authority to take it off the table,'' Sheehan told her group of orange-clad activists before they began their march from the national cemetery.

At least Cindy Sheehan is trying to do something about this president and putting herself in lots of jeapordy to do it. However, I don't know why she doesn't use RECALL OF PELOSI as one of her talking points. She just says she's going to "run against Pelosi."

Pelosi sounds awfully lame and weak making statements like this, from Crimson's link:
Quote:
:roll: She sounds almost as stupidly stubborn and "stick to the course" as Bush does! :evil: Health care and creating jobs? Those things won't matter to Americans once Bush declares martial law and makes himself officially the Dictator of the US!

I'm also beginning to think that Pelosi is a prima donna who wanted to be the first female Speaker and, now that she's accomplished that, to hell with those who voted her to that position because they wanted her and her fellow Democrats to do something about Bushco before it's too late to do anything at all.

California needs to recall Pelosi. AND whatever happened to the doctor-lawyer who is the Chairman of the Democratic Party....Oh yes, Howard Dean!

BUSH'S IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:44 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Why the Democrats in Congress won't pursue impeachment of Bush and Cheney is beyond my understanding. At times, I can rationalize it, wishful thinking that their strategy is to wait it out and hope that the low approval ratings of all things Bushco will give them both the White House and more control of the House and the Senate in 2008. Well, that's all just fine and dandy, but in the meantime, Bush continues to give himself more and more power, almost insuring that, if he doesn't choose to leave office in January, 2009, he just won't have to. In my opinion, the future of this country rests on whether or not impeachment proceedings are begun.

Catherine, listen.

I have been on this site long enough for all of you to know what my stances were. I believe that I have been consistent in what I have said, and if proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be wrong I would admit it. If I would come to an impasse with anyone I would try to find the strength to drop it and I was always the one to say let's listen to a person and give them a fair shake even if what they said we disagreed with. My only desire was for an open dialogue with all parties involved with the hopes that we would be able to come to some form of consensus.

Before I was forced to leave to take care of my wife, I was beginning to join in to the feeding frenzy. I will never be glad for what happened to my wife, but I am glad that something drew me away from this scene for a bit. I needed to re identify with who I was. I was beginning to lose that.

I had also stated either in post or pm to someone that there would be a time that I would come back and because of my opposition I would be considered an enemy. That time is now, though I do hope that I am not seen as an enemy.

How many site's and blog's are out there bashing this president who is clearly insane? To what end? To what end do we keep doing this?

You say that at times you can rationalize the lack of action of the Democrats. You are attempting to justify their lack of actions with the thought that they may give them the White House and more control of the House and Senate. You are justifying their actions based on your political stance. You are a Democrat thus you have been defending them to the exclusion of all else because you think Democrats are good and you want them to have control.

They are not good Cat. They are all the same. They are politicians and they have created a system that has granted them absolute power, and this was all done before Bush got into office. Bush is just putting the finishing touches on it. Once again I point out that the Founding Fathers were very wise men when it came to their understanding of this beast that we call politics. We have been loosening the leash that held the beast in check for decades and now the beast has slipped the leash.

Bush IS the reason that our Founding Father's imposed such severe restrictions on the federal government. Sure, they didn't know his name, but they did know his kind and they also knew how to keep him in check.

These two parties are responsible for everything. No one party is less guilty than the other.

Don't you find it odd that both of the party's sides would love to make this country into a one party system? Don't you find it odd that both parties actively fight another party becoming involved?

In 2000 during the stolen elections, and every moment since, they have ALL proven who and what they are. They are ALL cowards and liars and deceivers and thieves who would do nothing to harm this corrupt system which is in place. If you could honestly look into your heart and look at their actions then you would come to realize this. I cannot convince you, nor would I want to convince you. I want you to be honest with yourself in your evaluation of what is happening. When civil war comes to this country I want you to understand that it is because this entire system is corrupt and it must be removed.

The future of this country has already been decided. This system will be removed and it is going to take much of the world with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote: CrimsonEagle - The future of this country has already been decided. This system will be removed and it is going to take much of the world with it.

Yup and most likely we will be presented some kind of rescue plan, after a crash / war maybe? Anyway, it will be the same gang of crooks behind it all. The political system "is" a switch game and the crooks control both sides. They can because they own the system.

It is us against them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
will in chicago wrote:

Will, I'm not saying this to be snide, I am asking honestly. Are you kidding me?

If the evidence from the investigations show impeachable offenses?

Congress must follow the rule of law?

I agree. We should continue to work with these people in this current system. They have done such a fine job up to this point.

They have lived up to every expectation that I expected them to live up to.

Ah well. Whatever will be will be.

No, I am not kidding. I was speaking of how things SHOULD be not how they are.

I am well aware that political calculations go into every decision. I am disappointed in the Congress and the administration. So, my advice is to have the people pressure Congress and see what can be done.

At the very least, we can try to throw some people in Congress out in 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:36 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

As for hope, I have tried to measure it in decades not years. I expect things to get worse before it gets better.

Still, I feel that if I do not pressure my representatives, I am negligent in my responsibilities as a citizen. And, at this point, perhaps it is the American people whom we must have faith in -- over the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I will answer both of your posts here.

First off, I apologize. You are correct. This is the way things should be. Unfortunately things are not even close to the way things should be.

Here is the crux of the problem. You say that you are disappointed in Congress and the administration. (Not sure if when you say congress you mean to include the Senate, but that should be included as well as the Judiciary branch).

I wonder if those around the globe whom we have manipulated, murdered, and ruined theirs lives are disappointed. These actions have been happening for decades, across all administrations, without ceasing, yet still, people are willing to work with this totally corrupt system by pressuring our representatives.

The only thing that has even partially awaken the people of the U.S. is Bush. I say partially awaken because people are only looking at the surface. They are afraid to recognize the truth that it is this system that we have allowed, against our founding fathers better judgment, that has brought about this entire mess we are in. You may not understand this, but through our own actions we asked for this. Not knowingly, but as the saying go's, be careful of what you wish for.

By not removing this corrupt system, we are neglecting our responsibility to humanity. These boundaries of this country only have meaning in our minds....there is a much bigger picture that we should be worrying about, and that is the damage that we are doing to our brothers and sisters and children on other area's of this planet, now and into the future.

This is the first time in the known history of mankind that we have had the ability to literally destroy the world many times over and all of our representatives are threatening to do this by continuing to threaten other country's that have done them no harm.

There are people outside of our control who are able to control this system that is in place. These people desire a New World Order which they and they alone control and they are using us to achieve this goal. If we do not destroy this system that allows this, then through our inaction, we have betrayed humanity just as through the inaction of the Senate, Congress, and Judiciary branch has betrayed us. Make no mistake. They have betrayed us.

If we do not realize that this system has to be removed, we may not have a long run. Even if we do remove this system, it may already be to late. The fuse has been lit.

CrimsonEagle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like the ACLU isn't going to sit silently by while Pelosi and Reid support the Bush wiretapping program:

[url=http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=832]
ACLU Targeting Pelosi/Reid

[/url]

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 am 

I haven't always agreed with the ACLU, but they sure are right on this!

Generally they are right--it is just that sometimes they are annoying. Like defending Nazis. But again, they were right--people have a right to their opinions.

Used to be a card carrying member of the ACLU and would be again if someone were to leave me a pot of gold.

Thanks Catherine. Great ad! Good to see it and I hope it gets much exposure.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid