PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:46 am 

http://shootingmichaelmoore.com/

And the hate mongers strike again.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:57 pm 
Involved
Involved

I think more importantly that should be seen by those that love him.

His supporters need to take their blinders off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:55 pm 

Venus wrote:

What blinders? And why should people who love Michael Moore want to read the contents of a web site the title of which advocates shooting him? If someone wants to criticize him, that's one thing. But threaten, or call for violence against him? Screw that. Better to report the site owners to the authorities, for all the good it'll do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Michael Kwiatkowski wrote:
Venus wrote:

What blinders? And why should people who love Michael Moore want to read the contents of a web site the title of which advocates shooting him? If someone wants to criticize him, that's one thing. But threaten, or call for violence against him? Screw that. Better to report the site owners to the authorities, for all the good it'll do.

Hey Michael,

Shooting Michael Moore is not about literally shooting him. Its a video that apparently show's Moore in a less than bright light.

My guess would be, like most propaganda that they all put out....there is some truth and some embellishment.

No idea though. Haven't seen the video, don't really care to see the video.

We have bigger things to worry about.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:12 am 
Involved
Involved

I merely watched the video. I don't advocate shooting anyone.

As far as the blinders comment.....anyone that thinks MM is anything more than a democrat propaganda machine has blinders on. He's a waste of flesh. I agree with CrimsonEagle...we have way bigger things to worry about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
anyone that thinks MM is anything more than a democrat propaganda machine has blinders on. He's a waste of flesh. I agree with CrimsonEagle...we have way bigger things to worry about.

What specifically has Michael Moore done or said that makes you think he's a "democrat propaganda machine" and a "waste of flesh?" IMO, if he hadn't made the movie Farenheit 9/11, the Bushies would have a much stronger hold on this country than they already have. That movie actually removed blinders for millions of people regarding the Bush administration.

No, Michael Moore isn't perfect, but then nobody is...especially celebrities and politicians. And yes, we have bigger things to worry about. Still, let's not "shoot" the messenger. :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 am 
Catherine wrote:
No, Michael Moore isn't perfect, but then nobody is...especially celebrities and politicians. And yes, we have bigger things to worry about. Still, let's not "shoot" the messenger. :P

I watched the trailer for Shooting Michael Moore, and it's an obvious spook job. Basic sour grapes propaganda. The same sort of attack brought against Jim Garrison and others.

I'm with Cat on this one. So long as Moore doesn't become a spook himself, he can do what he likes out there, as far as I'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:23 pm 
Involved
Involved

Catherine wrote:
What specifically has Michael Moore done or said that makes you think he's a "democrat propaganda machine" and a "waste of flesh?" IMO, if he hadn't made the movie Farenheit 9/11, the Bushies would have a much stronger hold on this country than they already have. That movie actually removed blinders for millions of people regarding the Bush administration.

I don't think the movie removed any blinders from anyone. It did nothing more than give the tin foil hat wearing moonbats another reason for us "Bushies" to think they are nuts. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anybody still supporting Bush at this stage of the game is nuts. See my signature.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 pm 
Involved
Involved

Well...I don't support him as much as I used to but I do still support his decision to go to war and I also support our troops. I would rather rip off my own fingernails than to vote democrat. I don't take kindly to the likes of Michael Moore, he does nothing more than disgrace the country.

Being new here....I'm not seeing too many conservatives around these parts....lots of angry liberals.... Do you not allow opposing views?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Well...I don't support him as much as I used to

That's progress! Good for you!

Quote:
but I do still support his decision to go to war and I also support our troops.

I don't know anybody on this board who doesn't support the troops, but you will have a hard time trying to convince anybody on this board that Bush should have invaded Iraq.

Quote:
Being new here....I'm not seeing too many conservatives around these parts....lots of angry liberals.... Do you not allow opposing views?

Yes, we allow opposing views as long as those with the opposing views obey the posting guidelines. So far, you have, and that shows that perhaps you will be one of the first conservatives we've had here in recent months who wanted to discuss political topics collegially. They've all simply come here to flame, abuse, and otherwise try to create discord rather than discussion. However, you seem to be one of those rare conservatives, Venus...one who is able to actually disagree respectfully, and I hope that continues.

You're welcome here, so please don't think that we can't talk about topics that we might not be able to agree on. It's my wish that at the end of day, we can part friends. What has to take place is one person simply listening to the viewpoints of others...really listening...and then being flexible enough to actually admit that perhaps there is merit in the other person's opinion.

While I, for one, will never be convinced that GWB is anything but a monstrous criminal along with all of his entourage, I think you and the other members of this board, myself included, can still find some common ground upon which to agree....even if it's just in the CHIT-CHAT BAR! :P

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Their logic escapes them and they slide out the back door.

We'd like an objective one to show up, but it seems they don't have the patience to develop properly so they get a little overexposed but the picture comes in loud and clear.

What are you trying to say? Is it going to make any sense?

Blurring is easy to focus here and half the truth is still a lie.

Better be willing to be open minded here and bring verifiable truths or it does get rough.

Anyway, you're welcome to stay as long as you want, just stick to the rules and you'll be fine. There's a lot of things going on in this country that require serious consideration and we all should agree on that. Too many divide along party lines and forget, or are persuaded from seeing the common things that we can do something about.

Hope you can come up with solutions and not more of the same simplistic right wing dialogue designed to divide the country. It really does bores us. :roll:

No matter how big a mouth Moore has and no matter how much he bugs one, mAnorexic mAnnie is the most pathetic spokesperson a group of intellectually challenged grass roots freepers could exemplify as their intelligence and talking points. Please don't bring that logic and reason here. Bought and sold pinhead shebitches-from-hell like her make MM look like a god.

Oh BTW, the message in sicko is an important issue that needs to be addressed. How do you stand on the CHIPS program?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 pm 

Venus wrote:
I merely watched the video. I don't advocate shooting anyone.

As far as the blinders comment.....anyone that thinks MM is anything more than a democrat propaganda machine has blinders on. He's a waste of flesh. I agree with CrimsonEagle...we have way bigger things to worry about.

You do know that Moore voted for Nader in 2000, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:50 pm 

Venus wrote:
Well...I don't support him as much as I used to but I do still support his decision to go to war and I also support our troops. I would rather rip off my own fingernails than to vote democrat. I don't take kindly to the likes of Michael Moore, he does nothing more than disgrace the country.

You cannot support Bush's war and our troops. It's one or the other, you can't have it both ways. No one is asking you to vote Democrat. No one is forcing you to hear or see the truth. But in the interests of sharing truth you don't care to read, I'll quote a former U.S. president:

Quote:
The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote by Theodore Roosevelt, and one of the best statements ever uttered by a POTUS.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman