It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

While we continue to play.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18104.htm

Once you finish reading this article, do me a favor. Go to Iraq.

Thats right. Stop telling Bush to go and go yourself. Bring your family's also....I'm sure they will enjoy it.

Perhaps then you will understand.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:34 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

O.K. thanks for making me feel guilty, I'm ready to go in front of my government's offices with a pry bar as a weapon instead… :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ostiedecalisse wrote:
O.K. thanks for making me feel guilty, I'm ready to go in front of my government's offices with a pry bar as a weapon instead… :shock:

No. We still have other options, but we must become mad enough to do it....en masse.

We have the option of a national strike that will last as long as it takes.

However, this will do no good until there are enough people who become angry enough at what we are doing to our brothers and sisters of humanity.

We need someone that all groups are willing to rally behind and still the only person that comes to my mind is Cindy.

Yet still we remain divided.

To hell with the petitions, to hell with calling these crooks. To hell with the marches. Hit em where it hurts. Hit em where they have no choice but to understand that we are not going to fuck around with these pieces of shit anymore.

These people are not trying. They are playing political fucking games so that they can "win" in 2008. And even THEN, they have no intention's of bringing our troops home.

Think I'm wrong?

Are we not willing to sacrifice, and I mean really sacrifice in order to stop this madness?

These people have been suffering due to our actions for many many years. They have watched their children, their mothers, their fathers, their brothers and their sisters die in horrible ways.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:27 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

There should be much more Americans who think like you. One of the obstacles is that the price to be paid is high for those which dare to revolt. But I believe that the situation will not change as long as a critical mass of people will be really affected, I mean that unfortunately for that people to awake and act, it will be necessary that they are slapped personally in their own life. A dramatic reduction of our standard of living could for example help to do the job. The level of indoctrination and brainwashing is so high in our Western societies and especially in North America that it's very difficult to mobilize a majority of people to fight. On the other hand, what happened and where are these thousands of baby-boomers activists who protested against the Vietnam war?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

WHERE??? Cowering under the weight of debt. No one dare raise a hand to protest because of such things as "You're either with us or you're with the terrorists", as well as the recent directive reminding us that at any time we could lose it all just for voicing our opposition and causing morale loss in our foreign sightseeing tours of duty.

This is a sick country in bad need of intense medical, and mental therapy and if that doesn't work, full intervention. These people are addicted to death through warfare so that they shall live, of the sword,by the sword and for the sword. They MUST continue to feed their cravings.

Blood is the sacrifice the earth demands of it's thieves and blood sacrifice is what we give her- once again it's US and THEM that pay. Poor poor setup, to use the poor as their sacrificial lamb. Who say's we're advanced when we still are absorbed in bloodletting for favors from the gods?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:22 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

One of the main cause of this apathy: TERROR

Quote:
On September 11, 2001, corporate media and the government elite launched an aggressive political and media campaign upon and against the American people. With Madison-Avenue expertise, purveyors of fear heightened our perception of imminent threat by inundating the airwaves with continual, repetitive, easily-learned sound-bytes, words brimming with emotionally-charged meaning, "…Bin Laden, Taliban, Axis of Evil, Saddam Hussein, Terror-Threat, Terrorist…" with just enough intensity to successfully persuade the American people to procure security at any cost.

Comprehensive and firmly-entrenched fear is the means by which the current administration manages to sell the "War of Terror" and, allowed to flourish, has solidified mechanized cooperation from the masses as our leaders appeal to the most basic of all human needs-- security.

Fear begets fear and dulls rationality. Under fear's influence, the autonomic nervous system shifts into fight-or-flight mode. Perhaps this either-or response clarifies the bipartisanship of laboring freedom fighters and the willingly deceived. The former empower themselves with knowledge. The latter, so fearful of annihilating reassuring illusions, continue to defend the crimes of their pseudo-conservative leaders, and in so doing, stave off the anxieties which would surely accompany enlightenment. So desperate to believe in an imaginary benevolent Big Brother, We the People unknowingly and sometimes willingly turn a deaf ear to the truth, choosing instead to believe a lie. We lull ourselves into complacency or forced submission. We allow fear to breed a culture of silent ignorance and unthinking loyalty by which dictatorial regimes are allowed to flourish.

We would do well to remember, a fear-struck population is easily led.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... a&aid=5454

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

And Courage is the ability to act in the face of that fear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe Jesse has the answer:

Quote:
You want peace? You want corporate war profiteer CEO’s and members of their families to stop lying us into wars? Here is the answer: You make it a law that any politician who votes or orders troops into combat outside our borders must pick up a weapon and lead the battle from the deepest penetration point on the battlefield.

Come on Cheney…maybe you can shoot something other than helpless captive farm birds…and the faces of your so called friends! Maybe we’ll see how IED proof your SUV is!

I nominate this law. Do I hear a second? Think about it
!

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I believe it is a good idea after all that is exactly what our First President George Washington did. He placed his life on the line for the concept of Liberty. Those must have been tremendous times a grass roots struggle against oppression. I can't help but wonder if 'Che' followed his inspiration.

TuT . 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
You make it a law that any politician who votes or orders troops into combat outside our borders must pick up a weapon and lead the battle from the deepest penetration point on the battlefield.

Geez...most of those running for the presidential nomination on both sides would have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan and fight!...Can you just imagine? :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman