It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uranium from earth to earth
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

How many of you know how many nuclear power plants we have in the USA and world wide generating electricity driving our modern societies?

Since that which drives the nuclear energy is Uranium, I intend for this thread to investigate the travels of that Uranium, from the time it is extracted from the ground until it's end where it is placed in a cask deep within some mountain and buried away until the ends of time....... maybe..

But... before we begin, I've a question... Do you remember Chernobyl? :shock:

Now granted, our nuclear plants are run much better than theirs but dammit... shit happens especially when there are .... :shock: uhhh well, I'm gettin ahead of myself... :wink:

The link below will take you to a graphic that indicates the chernobyl zone for each nuclear power plant in the usa. This site wants to sell you Iodine Tablets. Depending on where you live, you may want to invest in some.

Got Iodine Tablets?

:twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject: Too many
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think this planet is ready for nuclear anything...unless it is a medical thing. There are enough ways to power the planet...wind, sun, surf. Too much risk and it is poisoning the planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Very true, Jesse. Very true. But... unfortunately we have already let the genii out of that bottle and I don't think he wants to go back in. That map is pretty scary, isn't it? :shock:

Ok... Let's start with a simple math problem...

In the beginning there is ore. If you process 2000 pounds of uranium ore into yellowcake, what will the yield be in pounds.

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject: Re: Uranium from earth to earth
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TheStripey1 wrote:
How many of you know how many nuclear power plants we have in the USA and world wide generating electricity driving our modern societies?

Since that which drives the nuclear energy is Uranium, I intend for this thread to investigate the travels of that Uranium, from the time it is extracted from the ground until it's end where it is placed in a cask deep within some mountain and buried away until the ends of time....... maybe..

But... before we begin, I've a question... Do you remember Chernobyl? :shock:

Now granted, our nuclear plants are run much better than theirs but dammit... shit happens especially when there are .... :shock: uhhh well, I'm gettin ahead of myself... :wink:

The link below will take you to a graphic that indicates the chernobyl zone for each nuclear power plant in the usa. This site wants to sell you Iodine Tablets. Depending on where you live, you may want to invest in some.

TheStripey1 wrote:

Just eat some fresh fish, that has plenty of it. That's what a guy told me and he works at a nuke plant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:10 am 

Greetings, everyone.

I know this thread is cold, but I couldn't help but comment on the 'Potassium Iodide' post. Not only have I purchased a stock of Potassium Iodide tablets (about a year ago), but I have also (about a month ago) acquired a full NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) Air Filtration System for use in my 'Safe Room' should the need ever arise.

I sleep a little better at night knowing that my family will be breathing clean air if 'something' ever happens.

We're not scared. We're just prepared...

www.midambiosafe.com

www.ki4u.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
We're not scared. We're just prepared...

Welcome to TVNL, Harbinger...

It's rather like having a good life or medical insurance policy, isn't it? With the Bushies at the helm, being prepared for disastrous happenings is a prudent decision.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman