It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: recent exchange with Chuck Todd (NBC Political Director)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:36 pm 

*READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP*
JB

----- Original Message -----
To: "Todd, Chuck D (NBC Universal)" <Chuck.Todd@nbcuni.com>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: NBC News Political Director, Chuck Todd

Mr. Todd,

I've explained the basis for my accusation. Notwithstanding, you've simply failed to address any of the issues I've raised. As I see it, the reason for this couldn't be more apparent. It's clearly because my points against you are accurate, so you're not able to reasonably defend yourself. As a decision maker for a major broadcast network, you should realize something. Someone, such as yourself, who opts to place himself on a political discussion panel of a weekly, nationally televised TV program, of which he himself ultimately controls the content, should well understand that he has placed himself in a position that's open to public scrutiny, and even to personal criticism. An individual in your situation should accept that such a reality goes with the territory, Mr. Todd. So get over it.

If you'd like to make effort to redeem yourself, please feel free to explain those policies of NBC news, and/or those criteria for your own decisions, which constantly result in NBC's repeated omission of political activity that reflects poorly upon the Bush Administration and/or the Republican element of Congress. And please note that I'm not interested in a general response. For example, I want to know why NBC failed to pick up the HR 333 story in April. And I want to know why Meet the Press made no mention of the matter involving Republican legislators running out the clock and fear-monger threatening the Democrats into passing the new wiretapping bill a few days ago. Those are just a couple of examples. But it's a start and I would listen. However, again, whatever you do, don't give me a general answer or try to tell me something such as the omissions are due to time constraints, or some other illogical and easily disproved excuse.

I am representative of many Americans, Mr. Todd. Albeit I may not represent the typical NBC viewership who, after returning home from a hard day at work, trust Brian Williams to inform them of all important recent world developments, I am nonetheless representative of a large (and growing) segment of the American population. I represent those who have been monitoring corporate broadcast practices, and who are deeply concerned by the lack of good journalism or ethics found in broadcast news today. Unfortunately, such poor journalism has been repeatedly demonstrated by NBC News of late.

So what have you got to say for yourself, other than that I've offended you?

Jason Bell

From: "Todd, Chuck D (NBC Universal)" <Chuck.Todd@nbcuni.com>
To: "Jason Bell"
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: NBC News Political Director, Chuck Todd

It's incredibly insulting to have someone, even someone who I don't know, accuse of being corrupt... That's an outrageous charge.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 12:56 PM
To: Todd, Chuck D (NBC Universal)
Subject: Re: NBC News Political Director, Chuck Todd

Mr. Todd,

Thanks for your reply to my recent e-mail.

I must stress here that it's not a matter of providing a response that would satisfy me; it's a matter of the evidenced corruption on your part. The corruption I speak of is even apparent within your manipulative response statement herein. You reply with the *coined* response "there's no grand conspiracy". That statement is nothing more than a hackneyed defensive maneuver intended to make a joke out of serious accusations. It's a well-practiced strategy by those who filter and manipulate current news events, such as yourself. Specifically, this overused response of yours is intended to achieve two things: 1) it paints the accuser as an extremist nutcase, resulting in those whom you've successfully brainwashed being less inclined to take said accuser's points seriously; and 2) it excuses you from having to come up with a viable reply (from the perspective of the weak-minded, at least). This "I assure there's no conspiracy" type of response (usually proclaimed in a condescending, sarcastic manner) has been perpetuated by nearly everyone I've observed in your field, each time they're confronted concerning their corrupted practices and behaviors. Then, of course, when your brainwashed -- or is that brain-dead? -- news consumer groupies hear this sort of crap-ish response, many of them begin to echo it like parrots. In this way it becomes a knee-jerk auto-response from masses of uninformed brainwashees in response to serious and founded accusations. That makes it quite hard for such accusers to get collective traction, despite their accurate charges. Ultimately that's some fairly effective protection for you and your corrupt "news" organization to continue with business as usual. So please don't try that crap on me again. My guess is that you won't reply to me again, because you can't justify the harsh filtering practices of NBC news, since there's no noble explanation for them.

I have to say, Mr. Todd, that the constant filtering of important political stories speaks for itself. On a daily basis, important events that would influence the core public are consistently omitted from your news broadcasts as well as from Meet the Press. There can be no explanation for this conduct other than the implied complicity I've mentioned. I wouldn't say that it's an organized, in-touch conspiracy with the Bush Administration. But I think there has been ample evidence over time that, at the very least, it's a voluntary participation on the part of corporate broadcasters. And that's just as reprehensible because it has, and has had the same effect in terms of mass- slaughter and the decimation of our Constitution without accountability.

If you're not enough of a man to address these matters with genuine explanations, Mr. Todd, then so be it!

Jason Bell

From: "Todd, Chuck D (NBC Universal)" <Chuck.Todd@nbcuni.com>
To: "Jason Bell"
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 3:41 AM
Subject: RE: NBC News Political Director, Chuck Todd

wow. well, I read your note and not sure I could provide a response that would satisfy you. Needless to say, nobody here at NBC News is interested in hiding any stories; there's no grand conspiracy; I'm sorry you feel otherwise.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:53 PM
To: Todd, Chuck D (NBC Universal)
Subject: To: NBC News Political Director, Chuck Todd

Hello Mr. Todd,

NBC News makes me ill! You're the political director at NBC news and you have the gall to place yourself on the Meet the Press discussion panel? Then again, such a practice is fully consistent with the other shameful acts that are engaged in on a regular basis by your news department personnel. Can you think of any?

How about the fact that both Meet the Press and NBC Nightly News are two of the worst practitioners of strict filtering concerning important political facts and events. For example, NBC News religiously avoids mention of all things relating to the growing and significant movement among the American voting public to go forward with impeachment efforts against President Bush and Vice President Cheney. In fact, NBC news conveniently failed to report the Dennis Kucinich sponsored resolution HR 333 detailing grounds for articles of impeachment against Mr.Cheney that was drafted and introduced in April of this year. During its west coast broadcasts, NBC News made no mention whatsoever of Rep. Kucinich's effort in this regard, neither on the day the resolution was presented, nor at any time thereafter.

Within this Kucinich resolution, the impeachable crimes which the Bush Administration people have committed are clearly laid out. Rep. Kucinich is a candidate for the Presidency of the United States who has formally levied accusations against the current Vice President, and NBC News doesn't consider this a newsworthy item? Do you expect me to believe that the NBC News department acted reasonably and responsibly in not picking up this story? Do you expect me to believe that they couldn't have shortened one or two of their many filler stories within any of their numerous broadcasts during the past several months to inform the public about this very courageous move on the part of Rep. Kucinich? Give me a break! A very reasonable inference, as well as the appearance, is that you and NBC News are aggressively serving your corporate interests, considering that your parent company is a defense contractor (General Electric) and stands to enjoy an ongoing profit influx from Bush Administration policies and programs continuing for as long as possible. If you and the other corporate-owned media giants keep the details of the crimes committed by the Bush people from as much of the public as possible for as long as possible, there's a good chance that the core of the American public won't learn enough about what has really gone on to become infuriated and insist upon accountability and demand change.

Moreover, I notice that this morning's Meet the Press didn't contain a single word about the hottest current political topic: the Democrats caving to the fear mongering Republicans on the recent warrantless wiretapping bill Congress passed just days ago. Can you, in good conscience, argue that this matter is not newsworthy well above the drivel you presented today on Meet the Press? The wiretapping bill issue is the talk of the Internet as well as of political talk radio, even as I type this.

What the hell is wrong with you, Mr. Todd? You and your NBC News department are a veritable disgrace. And unbelievably this is nothing new; it's been your track record. One of the most horrendous examples within this track record is the fact that NBC News was complicit in rallying the public to support the Iraq invasion based upon reprehensible lies from the Bush people. Your wonderful news department showed no signs of genuine investigative journalism directed at learning and revealing the realities involved. No efforts were put forth to expose the truth to the public before it was too late. NBC News shall not only bear a mark of shame for its part in this needless campaign of slaughter; those NBC employees and affiliates who contributed to this egregious sham shall carry copious blood, from countless innocent men, women, and children, on their hands and into their graves.

You and the corporate empire you serve are a self-serving insult to humanity, Mr. Todd.

Oh, and by the way, what a joke this promo of yours is:

"When breaking news happens... and major decisions are made... NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams is there."

All I can say is if NBC News is there when breaking news happens, they/you clearly refrain from reporting any breaking news items that don't serve their/your agenda. What a load of crap, you phony bastard.

Sincere Sentiment,

Jason Bell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:cheers: :thumbleft:

Give 'em hell Jason! Todd's condescending, patently evasive replies show just how deeply co-opted our mainstream news media has become. The fact that they will not even deign to address the obvious, vitally important questions you pose indicates that this information medium is hopelessly compromised by the powerful vested interests which control them.

Keep up the good fight, and nice to meet you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I admire your perseverence, jasonb. Thanks for bringing your efforts to TV News Lies. You couldn't have found a better site than this one to find people who agree with you... that the msm reports mainly propaganda. They're owned and operated by corporate psychos like Rupert Murdoch.

Thanks for registering and I hope to see you here often.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 pm 

Likewise. And thanks, I try to do my part :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:07 pm 

Catherine wrote:
I admire your perseverence, jasonb. Thanks for bringing your efforts to TV News Lies. You couldn't have found a better site than this one to find people who agree with you... that the msm reports mainly propaganda. They're owned and operated by corporate psychos like Rupert Murdoch.

Thanks for registering and I hope to see you here often.

Thanks Catherine. I'll be around :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jasonb, that's the best story I've read lately. It is so obvious that they deign to respond only when they gain from it. And gain they do as they continue to control the airwaves, of which we gave to them to broadcast neutral news without bias. We the people own the airwaves, but corporations have made themselves persons and so have set the price for entry into the in-formation game.

Line up here and lets see those Dinaro$.

So much for that as they now charge us if we want to open a radio station, and to get one with any range costs millions, let alone the cost for a TV station. Like becoming an elected official, these people are standing there with their hand out for favors and what's in it for me attitudes, before you even enter the race, let alone try to finish.

This Todd guy is probably a machine they program to respond as required to challenges such as yours. Form letters to quell dissent.

That they even acknowledged your first letter is an miracle- that they gave you a 1 line response is overkill on their part. It's a wonder they didn't send in the thought police next for a little conditioning work, so TV looks all rosy and real again for you!

If I use parts of your letters to local newspapers, is that OK? Gotta ask them too why they report only the news they see fit to print. It seems our media has a disease whose symptoms include constipation of information, a backlog we hope will eventually explode out with all the shit they've been holding in for so long.

Welcome to the board and keep up the great work!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:38 pm 

DO.g's wrote:
If I use parts of your letters to local newspapers, is that OK?

Sure. Go for it.

DO.g's wrote:
Welcome to the board and keep up the great work!

Thanks much :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:38 am 

I am truly impressed, and I haven't been impressed with much lately. Could we piggy-back on your emails, send responses to Mr. Todd backing your thoughts?

You have done a fantastic job, jasonb. Thank you!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I am also impressed. I am waiting with baited (is that how you say it?) for his "honest" reply. I said baited - hope that doesn't mean "holding" it.

I think we all need to send letters like this to ALL news stations. They are traitors to the public. Don't they take some kind of an oath to report the truth for the better of mankind? I guess it depends on whose truth it is.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:13 pm 

dori wrote:
I am truly impressed, and I haven't been impressed with much lately. Could we piggy-back on your emails, send responses to Mr. Todd backing your thoughts?

You have done a fantastic job, jasonb. Thank you!

Thanks. And yes; by all means. Send him whatever you like. But keep in mind that he's apparently ignoring my last reply. Please post to this board whatever response you get (if any).

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm 

sadie53 wrote:
I am also impressed. I am waiting with baited (is that how you say it?) for his "honest" reply. I said baited - hope that doesn't mean "holding" it.

Truthfully, considering the time that's lapsed since his last message as well as his failure to address any of my points and his apparently irritated demeanor, I'd be very surprised if he responds again. Like you, however, I very much hope he does. We'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just like that O'Hanlon story- attack the messenger and run!

What chickenshit liars are is cowards that when they get caught, cut and run on their losses while shouting over their shoulders that you have the effen problem!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.