There are Christian sites exposing this heretic movie! That movie DID NOT align with the Word of God!
1. I sat in the theater on Ash Wed. surrounded by Catholics with ashes on foreheads, and I watched them as they adored every aspect of the movie. There was nothing in the movie which would convict them about the heretical apostate church in which they are a part of. The movie actually reaffirms the heresies.
2. Mary WAS conveyed by Gibson as having special divine powers and knowledge. She moved to a specific place and lay on the floor of the temple with her head on the stones because she sensed the presence of the character Jesus chained underneath the floor. She could "feel" where he was. Also, when anyone referred to her in the movie they always used the word "Mother", with a capital "M". She was also the only other character, aside from the character of Jesus who could see the character "satan."
3. When the character of Jesus was being whipped and tortured at various different times, he would look into Mary's eyes and then he would somehow regain the strength needed to continue on.
4. When he spoke to John from the cross regarding Mary, these were the words used, "Woman behold your Son, Son behold your Mother." Also before the character, Jesus spoke those words, Mary walked up to the cross and said "flesh of my flesh, heart of my heart, please let me die with you."
5. Then the final heretical thing, which I believe to be the most damning, because it teaches exactly what the Roman Catholic church believes about Christ's work on the cross being insufficient, the character in the movie said, "It is accomplished". The greek word 'epiteleo' means to fulfill further, perform, undergo, bring to pass, or do. The word used in the King James Bible for 'finished' is teleo which means to end, complete, perfect, conclude, make an end. So, you can see by changing that word finished to accomplished you have now taught the Catholic church’s doctrine of Christ's work on the cross, that there is still more for YOU to do to work for your salvation: mass, sacraments, etc. This one point alone sent such grief and pain into my heart for my Saviour because I let myself sit there in that theater and see and hear such damnable heresy about my Redeemer. My God has forgiven me and I hope that someday He will be able to remove all images of that movie from my mind.
6. One last note, the 15 seconds at the end of the movie when Gibson shows the character rise from the tomb, the character stands up and you see his naked body from the side and the character then steps out of the tomb, so the final thought you're left with is a naked "Jesus" walking out of the tomb!!!!!!!
I hope, Brother Cloud that some of this will give you even more insight into this heretical, ecumenical film. But, I do regret, that I did not hold true to the Word of God and it's warnings about these things and refrain from ever letting that movie enter my eyegate and eargate.
http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/melgibson ... ports.html
THIS MOVIE IS NOT OF GOD! It was of Mel Gibson's Bank Account!