It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Mother Of All 9/11 Truth Hit Pieces
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:15 pm 

:? :? :? :x :x :x :x :? :? :? :?

Just so you know, 9/11/2007 is coming up and the 911 Truth bashers have to get their propaganda out so everyone stays sleeping. They can't have the cash cow called the Middle East be defamed and disrupt the Military - Industrial complex you know.

Coming Soon: The Mother Of All 9/11 Truth Hit Pieces
History Channel, Popular Mechanics, NBC & Hearst Publishing team up for smear job as conflicts of interest run rife

Steve Watson & Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, August 2, 2007

An upcoming documentary entitled The 9/11 Conspiracies, to be aired on the History Channel, may represent the biggest hit piece to date on the 9/11 truth movement and is rife with bias, cronyism and conflicts of interest.

The so-called documentary promises not to look at the flaws in the official story from a neutral perspective but to start out by suggesting that any deviation from the official line is "outrageous".

The program also features so called independent "experts" who are actually in the employ of the program makers themselves who in turn rely on scores of multi-million dollar contracts with the government and the military-industrial complex.

The program, scheduled for Sunday, August 12 at 8:00 PM and Monday, August 13 at 12:00 AM, will feature Alex Jones, the Loose Change crew and other 9/11 researchers such as Professor Steven Jones and Webster Tarpley.

One may therefore be forgiven for thinking the piece could allow for a fair representation of the 9/11 truth movement. However, a short blurb on the History Channel's website sets a rather familiar one sided tone (click for screenshot).

An Internet search for "9/11 conspiracy theories" yields nearly two million hits. Were the attacks on 9/11 perpetrated by the Bush Administration to advance its own interests? Could a government missile have hit the Pentagon? As outrageous as these ideas may sound, many people believe them. Why do these theories arise in the first place? An interview with James Meigs, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Mechanics, who refutes many of these theories. Watch as experts in the fields of aeronautics, engineering and the military put these theories to the test.
This suggests that we should be prepared for more pseudo psychology as "experts" condescendingly explain why people turn to "conspiracy theories" for comfortable simple explanations of complicated world events. Maybe the History Channel will even seek the expert analysis of the former director of the X-files just as the BBC did in their own 9/11 hit piece which was broadcast earlier this year and received a great deal of criticism for its reliance on emotional bias and avoidance of the core issues.

In the same vein as the BBC piece, the new documentary will once again feature James Meigs, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Mechanics, who is neither an expert on 9/11 research nor on engineering, but rather is an expert on yellow journalism and shilling for the Bush Administration.

Meigs has an illustrious pedigree that puts him right up there with the professors and scholars that have studied 9/11 and the architects who designed the WTC - we just can't decide which title to give prominence, his position on the editorial staff of that bastion of scientific empiricism Entertainment Weekly or the equally respected Video Review.

Meigs has flatly refused to debate 9/11 questions with either Alex Jones or the Loose Change producers and will now only appear unopposed.

Popular Mechanics is owned by Hearst Publishing. As fictionalized in Orson Welles' acclaimed film Citizen Kane, William Randolph Hearst (pictured below) wrote the book on cronyism and yellow journalism and Popular Mechanics hasn't bucked that tradition.

Enter the term "yellow journalism" in the Encyclopedia Britannica and one of the first entries you will see is William Randolph Hearst. The listing attributes to Hearst a legacy of "distorted" and "lurid" reporting, and cites him as being hugely influential in fanning the flames of the Spanish-American war as a result of his newspaper's sensationalist yellow journalism.

Popular Mechanics is owned by the very corporation that defined yellow journalism!

Popular Mechanics is not politically independent nor is it non-partisan. Indeed, the foreword to Popular Mechanics' Debunking 9/11 Myths book was written by Republican Senator and presidential candidate John McCain.

In the foreword, McCain re-hashes an abhorrent amount of Neo-Con detritus that relies solely on 9/11 having happened exactly as the government claims it did. "We liberated Afghanistan from the murderous rule of the Taliban, our attackers' proud hosts. We chased Al Qaeda around the globe," barks the Arizona Senator.

Does this sound politically neutral to you?

In addition, Popular Mechanics' Debunking 9/11 farce has been thoroughly debunked itself and shown to be nothing more than a strawman assault based around nepotism, shoddy research and agenda-driven politics.

Hardly a good starting point for any serious or balanced investigation into 9/11 questions.

Further investigation into the makers of the new documentary also throws up a whole host of conflicts of interest.

Loose Change's Jason Bermas an Korey Rowe during taping for the upcoming History Channel hit piece.

Firstly, The History Channel is part of the A&E Television Network which is jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company (37.5%), The Hearst Corporation (37.5%), and NBC Universal (25%).

Immediately then it becomes apparent that the owners of Popular Mechanics are also the joint owners of the History Channel. Once again it is not a good starting point for a neutral investigation when the people you choose to represent one side of a factual debate are actually on the payroll.

No doubt there will be a great deal of advertising of Popular Mechanics' 9/11 debunking book within the so-called documentary in order to fatten up Hearst's profits.

Furthermore, the other joint owner of The History Channel, NBC Universal, is run by General Electric, the world's second largest corporation and one of the major players within the military industrial complex.

GE is a major supplier of arms and the “war on terrorism” has seen GE’s government and military contracts rise substantially to over $2.2 billion.

In short GE really has very little to gain and a great deal to lose from probing into questions concerning the possibility of 9/11 being a military intelligence operation to seed the "war on terror" and to justify a huge increase in military activity around the globe.

We spoke to the producer Brad Davis about the upcoming show and he refused to comment on the conflicts of interest, but did tell us in a previous conversation that the show would not be a hit piece, so we will reserve full judgement until the documentary is aired and then it will become immediately apparant if Mr. David was telling the truth or not.

On average the History channel has up to 10 million viewers prime time in the US alone and their programs repeat ad infinitum for years. Infowars and Prisonplanet.com will be all over this program as soon as it airs exposing and countering each and every lie and piece of misinformation it contains, just as we have done with every other hit piece so far.

In the meantime, it would be fairer if the History Channel add a proviso, as do CNN when they carry a story about their parent company Time Warner, that their upcoming show is nothing more than an infomercial for the Popular Mechanics book Debunking 9/11 Myths and that any attempt to portray it as a neutral investigation would permanently taint the reputation of the channel as nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Bush administration in the same league as Fox News and Popular Mechanics.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pawns of pawns of the money masters! Those who control the MSN control the mind of the Populace. They'll take no chances with their MSM. Anyone who gets on it and has their "supposedly" honest say, is most certainly a pawn. They are told what they can say and not say. It isn't live so one can't blurt something out. It has to be manufactured in their controlled studios as usual. No one will be allowed their say or can "skip" the filter.

SI--

Last edited by Sir-Irate on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:32 pm 

Great title for this thread. Got the program taped and watched it when I got home from work and it is indeed "the mother of all 9/11 Truth hit pieces." I certainly didn't see any attempts at objectivity....BIG surprise (NOT!) when it comes to coverage of 9/11 Truth. I would have been surprised had there been a respectful, open-minded presentation of the issues. We were made to look like a bunch of kooks--something I have come to expect from our (supposedly) "free press".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Farewell To Freedom

TuT :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IGNORING THE OTHER VICTIMS OF 9/11

When the National Guard helicoptered her husband, Mark, to Staten Island to work as a wireless technician setting up a communications network for thousands of emergency workers who were descending upon Lower Manhattan on Sept. 11, 2001, Jeanmarie DeBiase did not know this would begin the unraveling.

She would not realize it until Jan. 8, 2006—her birthday—when, during a family celebration, Mark broke down in tears.

“He sat at my dining room table crying that there was something wrong, that he didn’t want to die,” DeBiase recalled in an interview from her home in Jackson, N.J. Her husband, who worked at the landfill where debris from the fallen World Trade Center was dumped, had suffered a cold for a few days—nothing serious, it seemed. He was a vigorous man of 41, an exercise aficionado who was so careful about his diet that his wife packed his lunch every day. Yet that night at dinner, he sobbed that he wanted to watch his young sons grow up, to play ball with them, to know his grandchildren.

The initial diagnosis was pneumonia, but Mark failed to respond to antibiotics; lung X-rays could not confirm any diagnosis at all. “There was so much stuff in his lungs I don’t think they could pinpoint anything,” Jeanmarie says. “They really didn’t know how to treat it.” Visits to the prestigious Deborah Heart and Lung Center did not bring hope. Mark DeBiase died on April 9, 2006, in Philadelphia, while awaiting a double lung transplant.

Quote:
Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., whose district encompasses Ground Zero, and other New York lawmakers used the sixth anniversary of the attack to introduce legislation to require health monitoring and care for all those who are sick from exposure to what may be the most serious environmental catastrophe in the nation’s history. Yes, it would be an “entitlement.” And yes, it would be costly—certainly more expensive than a ribbon of remembrance.

It would, at last, require the country to come to grips with the knowledge that the official toll of 2,750 from the World Trade Center attack isn’t the final death count. It’s only the first.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:50 pm 

I just happened onto "The 9/11 Conspiracies", don't generally watch the History Channel because I don't agree with their politics.

Interesting way they presented it. Huge turn-off. Yes, people on this side were portrayed as nut cases.

As soon as it was over, I programmed the channel out of my TV.

Never again!

And Catherine, isn't it true. "the official toll of 2,750 from the World Trade Center attack isn’t the final death count. It’s only the first."

And those PNAC people feel no shame.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had a short talk this morning with a young man who is in my husband's employ. He said he'd gotten "caught up" in the 9/11 programs on his tv last night.

I asked him if he'd ever considered that the things he'd seen on tv last night might not be the truth. He said, "well, I've heard a lot of conspiracy stuff from a lot of conspiracy nuts..." I offered him the dvds "Confronting the Evidence," and "Loose Change." I also referred him to a variety of websites and told him to use his intelligence and THINK. He's borrowing the dvds tonight to watch at his home....

I hope I get to talk to him again after he watches them....

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:36 pm 

We don't have msm, but one person at a time.

Feels good when it happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers need professional help, not publicity

Bill Maher takes a jab at the 9/11 Truth movement in a recent "New Rules" segment.

"Crazy people who still think the government brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion have to stop pretending that I'm the one who's being naive," says Maher.

How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think 'Well, if you believe that was the cause...'

Stop asking me to raise this ridiculous topic on the show and start asking your doctor if Paxil is right for you."

The following video is from HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher, broadcast on September 14, 2007

See link.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:53 pm 
Bill Maher wrote:
How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think 'Well, if you believe that was the cause...'

"Two hours" is wrong.

Bill Maher wrote:
. . .brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion . . .

Ignores 7.

Conclusion: Even a "lunatic" can see the distortions in Maher's statement.

Thanks for the post, Cat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:06 am 

i was kinda disappointed as read mahers statement.

his tone of condescension kinda pissed me off too.

i for the most part considered him to be one of the good guys on our side.

i see i was wrong.

another koolaid drinking sheep is born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:07 pm 

Maher swings which ever way he thinks he can get atttention.

Don't forget he loves Ann Coulter...

Post subject: Anyone hear Reg on MM last night?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:50 am 

What a breath of fresh air, calling Bill Maher out on his cowardice/sellout-ness.

I think the final nail in the coffin of BM's [can we just call him that now?] creds as a truthseeker were nailed in firmly by both Reg and Mike Malloy.

Good call, Reg :D :D :D

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."

Malcom X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This is a very interesting article in case anyone is interested.

The National Institute for Standards and Technology has been forced to admit that the total free-fall collapse of the twin towers cannot be explained after an exhaustive scientific study, implicitly acknowledging that controlled demolition is the only means by which the buildings could have come down.

Only problem is it has already gone 404 :lol:

http://wtc.nist.gov/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:02 pm 

I got something there tut, but don't have time to look it over. Is it worth going back when I have more time?