It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Record low approval for Congress and the shrub.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:10 pm 

Quote:
According to Reuters, Congress and the shrub are at record low approval ratings. Why the occupants of the Oval Office are so unpopular is obvious, given the history of the past seven years or so. Congress' low scores stem from continued refusal to end the Iraq war and impeach Bush and Cheney, even after Democrats were elected to majority status following twelve years of GOP domination.

Read the rest here.

Daily Kos Version

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 am 

Those votes in the Senate Wednesday are not going to help ratings for Congress one bit. 44 Rs against allowing military persons an equal amount of time home as they have in combat.

Unfortunately, Rs insisted on filibustering, which means it would take 60 votes to pass.

44 Rs against...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:44 pm 
Congress' approval rating is down to 11%? :shock:

Quote:
The latest Zogby poll shows that only 11 percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing. This is contrasted with Bush's underwhelming 29% approval rating.

ARTICLE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I SAW THAT! :shock: That's got to be an incredible blow to both parties this close to the 2008 election. Of course, maybe they don't care...maybe they know LOTS we are only guessing at...from the evidence, of course.

Maybe Bush is thinking that if he gets the ugly daughter married off first in a White House wedding before he's evicted, it'll give him a bit of a bounce for a few seconds! :twisted:

Don't know how Congress will use it....

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:58 pm 

dori wrote:
Those votes in the Senate Wednesday are not going to help ratings for Congress one bit. 44 Rs against allowing military persons an equal amount of time home as they have in combat.

Unfortunately, Rs insisted on filibustering, which means it would take 60 votes to pass.

44 Rs against...

The thing is, they didn't even filibuster -- only threatened to. The Webb amendment never even came up for a vote, because Reid figured there was no point without making sure there'd be enough to pass it. Had Reid tried to obtain an up-or-down vote on the measure, he could have forced the GOPers to go on record filibustering rest time for our troops. And used it to go after them in the press. A prime opportunity to show leadership, and as usual Reid dropped the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The thing is, they didn't even filibuster -- only threatened to. The Webb amendment never even came up for a vote, because Reid figured there was no point without making sure there'd be enough to pass it. Had Reid tried to obtain an up-or-down vote on the measure, he could have forced the GOPers to go on record filibustering rest time for our troops. And used it to go after them in the press. A prime opportunity to show leadership, and as usual Reid dropped the ball.

Excellent points, Michael. Reid has not shown a lot of leadership and neither has Nancy Pelosi. It is my opinion that, if they ever find their spines and actually do succeed in whatever it is they are attempting, their approval ratings will go up. But their leadership abilities just don't seem to be there. I'm not sure if people hate the Dems for their seeming to cave at every turn, or if they hate the Repubs for being such successful bullies.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Bush low approval ratings are just ho-hum facts of life. He can afford to thumb his nose at them and say stupids things (like what follows below) because he knows congress won't do squat to act on those low approvals.

Bush: Should I ‘go in fetal position because of polls?’

Quote:
Yesterday on ABC, President Bush discussed his poor image at home and abroad. “I’m sure people view me as a warmonger. And I view myself as a peacemaker,” he declared. Bush said his 32 percent approval rating — the “worst approval rating of his career” — won’t stop him from ignoring the public will:

Q: But is George W. Bush still relevant? … He hasn’t had majority support in three years. He laughed off my question about that.

BUSH: So what am I supposed to do? Go in the fetal position because of your polls?

No, we know you are mentally incapable of that level of awareness.

But it would be nice to believe that you will look over your shoulder in fear for some serious legal battles over all you've messed over in Iraq and the US.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Looks like Blackwater is the preferred refuge for those who see the world through glasses similar to Bush's.

Good chance he will wind up there. Poppa Bush sells the weapons via Carlyle and Junior Bush uses them via Blackwater?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
BUSH: So what am I supposed to do? Go in the fetal position because of your polls?

Bush never matured passed the Terrible Twos stage, anyway. A fetal position for him is normal and he probably sucks his thumb, too.

What is surprising is that Bush has the approval rating he does have. :roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman