It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Like a little censorship with that?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:15 am 

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/091307Z.shtml

AOL/Microsoft-Hotmail Preventing Delivery of Truthout Communications

Thursday 13 September 2007

Currently, AOL- and Microsoft-related email providers, including Hotmail, are preventing delivery of a range of Truthout communications to thousands of our subscribers. Such communications include Truthout's regular newsletters and notifications to our subscribers from individual workstations of Truthout administrators informing those subscribers that they are affected.

For the most part, all other ISPs appear to be delivering Truthout communications normally.

While AOL has been largely evasive and silent about their reasons for blocking communications, our server logs and complaints from subscribers illustrate a clear pattern of interference. Microsoft-Hotmail, while not being forthcoming about their actions to the subscribers involved, have stated to our administrators that they are in fact "throttling" and "blocking" our communications. Further, the Microsoft-Hotmail administrators inform us that they are blocking our communications to Truthout subscribers on their systems due to what they describe as our "reputation."

We believe that you - not your Internet Service Provider - should decide what you will read.

If you go to the site, read the comments that came in to truthout when the newsletter was censored by service providers. This is what we can all look for if net neutrality is dumped.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That's bullcrap!

Block Truthout but allow a lot of other crappy spam to go through. And most people subscribe to Truthout, so they want the "spam".

Hotmail allows so much other crud to go through. It's a joke that they would put Truthout in the same category as that crud.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:48 pm 

Apparently this has been going on for a while. My ISP wouldn't allow truthout to come through for over a year now.

Truthout is one of my favorite sites--it has the latest news and not a lot of hassle coming in. With dial-up, so many sites take forever. Truthout isn't like that.

I have another site I have to babysit. (I use the term babysit because I am listed as the moderator but don't have the tools to be able to moderate. Go figure.) I can go on the site and delete posts but that is all. Yahoo puts all communications from that site into 'bulk'.

Bit by bit, we are being censored...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid