It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Circle Jerk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:50 pm 

fuq wrote:
…(same old bullshit)…

mr. mookie wrote:
…(same old bullshit)…

The practice of obnoxious Onanism continues.

Macai and Wolf Star have either been cloned or have convinced some poor unsuspecting soul(s) to post absurd and deliberately insulting supportive posts. Anyone engaged in these Onanistic acts would never be able to reproduce except by cloning.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: hallo - this thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

mr. mookie wrote:
This is one of the nastiest and most closed minded places I've seen yet on the Intarweb, and that's saying a lot.

Then stop posting and go elsewhere.

And Ron Paul is still a chode.

Post subject: Re: hallo - this thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:54 pm 

nygreenguy wrote:

nygreenguy wrote:

nygreenguy wrote:

nygreenguy wrote:

Ain't it the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let's assume for a moment that Ron Paul becomes president....who will be his running mate and why would he choose that particular person? Who will he choose for his Cabinet members and why would he choose those people? Who will he nominate for the Supreme Court should one or two of the older justices leave for one reason or another? Why would he nominate those people? What will he do about the mess W has created in his shredding of the Constitution and how will he do it?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

His running mate would be Mr. Chode, with a cabinet full of chodes, and hell probably nominate a chode for the supreme court.

Simple as that.

Post subject: Ron Paul in 2008
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 pm 

To be totally Machiavellian about this election, one would hope he gains tremendous support in the Republican primaries but not enough to win the nomination. Thus, he would be encouraged to become the Ross Perot (1992) and Ralph Nader (2000) of 2008. He might resurrect Curtis LeMay (1968 with George Wallace) to be his running mate since he was the most successful third party running mate in modern history—they carried 5 states and got 46 electoral college votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What if Ron Paul is the Republican nominee's VP choice?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 pm 

Catherine wrote:
What if Ron Paul is the Republican nominee's VP choice?

With all the other candidates tripping over themselves in their praise for the war criminal Bush :angryfire: and his war crimes in Iraq, I find that possibility even more remote than Paul being the nominee. All these other candidates also seem to be trying to channel Reagan to gain favor with the NeoCoNazi base. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 am 

don't see ron paul as being a viable threat to any dem in 08.

he is clothed in the deceptive clothing of lies being propagated by the extreme right wing of the gop.

bottom line if they are registered repug they need to be hammered by whatever means neccessary back into the fickin stone ages.

i only hope i can be of some help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This report says that Ron Paul is "dismayed" that his campaign is "attracting white supremacists." Whether or not it's true, and I have my doubts because Paul is a Republican, let's see what, if anything, Paul does about it! WE know what those pro-Paul wacko people can be like...we've banned enough of them from TVNL.

Quote:
Through no fault of his own, Rep. Ron Paul's anti-globalist, anti-government campaign for the Republican presidential nomination has become a magnet in neo-Nazi networks, pulling in activists and supporters from the fringe white nationalist community where anti-Semitism, anti-black and anti-immigrant views are commonplace.

In some cases, these internet-based activists acknowledge that even though the Paul campaign does not have a racist or anti-Semitic agenda, it can serve as a vehicle to find sympathizers and to recruit new loyalists drawn to the Republican congressman's opposition to international trade agreements, federal police authority and to the income tax.

Such web-based organizations as Stormfront (motto: "White Pride, World Wide"), Vanguard News Network ("No Jews. Just Right.") and the Nationalist Coalition ("working to create the relationships that will lay the foundation for the White community that is necessary to our survival") have become sources of support for Paul's bid for the Republican nomination, and in some cases have set up separate Ron Paul discussion groups.

The Paul campaign dismissed the pro-Paul activities among these groups. "We don't know who these people are," said Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director. Their support has "nothing to do with Ron Paul, and what he stands for....His message of freedom, peace and prosperity - that's why people support him."

Paul has not made racist or anti-Semitic appeals to the controversial organizations and their members. Instead, their support is based on Paul's libertarian opposition to government generally, including the IRS and the powers granted to the federal government under the Patriot Act - views that are shared by many on the conservative fringe of the spectrum

Read the comments at the link, too.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 am 

Hey woman! Where's the link???

:roll:

Never mind, I found it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/1 ... 68575.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Actually, I think the author missed a very important point.

Quote:
Instead, their support is based on Paul's libertarian opposition to government generally, including the IRS and the powers granted to the federal government under the Patriot Act - views that are shared by many on the conservative fringe of the spectrum.

While white supremacists are invariably conservatives who favor smaller government, I believe they are mainly attracted to libertarianism because of a common opposition to civil rights laws. I'm sure Paul is very worried about association with white supremacist groups, not because he disagrees with them, but because he is afraid that his own underlying racism will be exposed if he is forced to defend his opposition to civil rights law.

Some may have noticed that I always bring up the libertarian opposition to civil rights law when arguing with anyone who claims to be a Libertarian, or a Ron Paul supporter. I do that in order to establish whether that person is a true Libertarian, or whether they just do not understand what libertarianism is, behind the smokescreen of righteous rhetoric about the Constitution. As we have seen with many right-wing extremists, the true Libertarians then drop all pretense of moderation and reveal their racism by calling for the repeal of civil rights laws, a fundamental tenet of libertarian ideology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Hey woman! Where's the link???

Just checking to see if you mods are on the ball!!!!!!

:twisted:

Thanks for catching that! 8) :oops:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CNBC learns not to 'mess with' Ron Paul, followers

Quote:
CNBC Washington correspondent John Harwood asked former Representative Joe Scarborough on Tuesday to tell him what Rep. Ron Paul is really like, because he's been amazed to discover lately that "if you mess with Ron Paul on television or online, you are going to feel the wrath of some serious followers."

Harwood explained that when CNBC did an online poll of who won the last GOP presidential debate on October 9, "Ron Paul dominated the debate, and some of my colleagues at CNBC thought that there was something wrong with that and they took the poll down. I want to tell you, my email box, thousands and thousands and thousands of email, like I haven't seen from any other -- you know, followers of Chris Dodd or Bill Richardson or Joe Biden."

Two days after the debate, CNBC Managing Editor Allen Wastler posted "An Open Letter to the Ron Paul Faithful" at the CNBC website, in which he accused them of having hacked the poll. Wastler wrote, "You guys are good. Real good. You are truly a force on World Wide Web and I tip my hat to you. ... You folks are obviously well-organized and feel strongly about your candidate and I can't help but admire that. But you also ruined the purpose of the poll."

However, the very next day, Harwood himself posted "My Open Letter To Ron Paul Supporters," in which he apologetically stated, "I agree with the complaints. I do not believe our poll was 'hacked.' Nor do I agree with my colleagues' decision to take it down, though I know they were acting in good faith. ... I have no reason to believe anything corrupt occurred with respect to our poll. To the contrary, I believe the results we measured showing an impressive 75% naming Paul reflect the organization and motivation of Paul's adherents. This is precisely what unscientific surveys of this kind are created to measure."

Joe Scarborough responded to Harwood's question by saying that Ron Paul has widespread appeal, with signs all over college campuses and traditional conservatives, libertarians, and even people on the far left responding positively to his positions on the war and on civil liberties. He added, though, that in the House of Representatives, "Everybody's thought that he's been crazy for a while, as far as too conservative, too libertarian. ... He's a very independent guy. He doesn't play by the rules
."

Do we want another president who doesn't play by the rules? AND what rules would Ron Paul not follow? Seems that's always left up in the air.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 am 

He doesn't play by the rules, but he certainly does have a lot of people snowed.

People believe what they want to believe no matter how much it does or does not coinside with reality. Look at the number of people who STILL believe Bush. Unbelievable!

Paul would be another nightmare!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid