It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Democrats Win the Rich Vote?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The other day we were watching Tucker for some reason, and he really pissed me off with this lie:

Tucker wrote:
"OK, but here's the fact that nobody ever, ever mentions -- Democrats win rich people. Over 100,000 in income, you are likely more than not to vote for Democrats. People never point that out. Rich people vote liberal. I don't know what that's all about."

I started ranting at the TV that he was full of it until my wife told me that he couldn't hear me. Even though I didn't know the numbers, I knew he was making shit up.

Then this knucklehead from Politico, Josephine Hearn, just agrees with him like it's some sort of obvious fact!

Josephine Hearn wrote:
HEARN: Right, right.

THE TRUTH:

Quote:
Link: Carlson wonders why no one mentions that Dems "win" those making more than $100k -- because they don't

According to CNN exit polls from the 2006 congressional elections, 47 percent of voters with incomes of $100,000 or more supported a Democratic candidate for the House, while 52 percent of such voters supported a Republican candidate for the House. Additionally, 45 percent of voters with incomes of $200,000 or more supported a Democratic candidate, while 53 percent of such voters supported a Republican candidate.

According to CNN exit polls from the 2004 presidential election, 41 percent of voters with incomes of $100,000 or more voted for Democratic candidate John Kerry, while 58 percent of such voters cast their ballots for Republican candidate George W. Bush. Additionally, 35 percent of voters with incomes of $200,000 or more voted for Kerry, while 63 percent of such voters supported Bush.

According to CNN exit polls from the 2004 congressional elections, 42 percent of voters with incomes of $100,000 or more supported a Democratic candidate for the House of Representatives, while 57 percent of such voters supported a Republican candidate for the House. Additionally, 36 percent of voters with incomes of $200,000 or more supported a Democratic candidate while 62 percent of such voters supported a Republican candidate.

According to CNN exit polls from the 2000 presidential election, 43 percent of voters with incomes of $100,000 or more voted for Democratic candidate Al Gore, while 54 percent of such voters supported Bush.

Post subject: Re: Democrats Win the Rich Vote?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:29 pm 
shoeless wrote:
The other day we were watching Tucker for some reason, and he really pissed me off with this lie

:lol: :lol: :lol: