It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ll Timothy 3: 1-5, 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:14 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

dee35ann wrote:
Realize this, that in the last days - difficult times will come.
For men will be lovers of money,boastful, arrogant dissobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of good, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power. always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

If anyone has watched television, read a newspaper, lost a retirement to corporate greed and corruption, or just walked outside their front door, how can they deny not seeing any of the above tributes to some they have encountered (strangers or family members)? It is obvious that many of these prophecies have been fulfilled by our genertation. Our leaders are often corrupt. Our cities are filled with crime, brutality and neon signs proclaimimg our sinful, godless natures.

The New Age Movement brings in increasing #'s of mystics who claim to be the enlightened ones. They are some of the most educated and influential people on our societies, and yet the most lacking in real truth.

Where have YOU been. This has ALWAYS been going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:56 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

See:
Daniel 12:4

Matt.24:5-7,14

l Timothy 4:1-3

ll Timothy 3:1-5, 7

Numbers 19:2-7 Born in Israel March 2002

Ezekiel 34:13 fulfilled in 1948.
In 1948 - 630,000 Arabs left Israel

Zephaniah 3: 10-11 Return of Ethiopian Jews to Israel.
1984- Operation Moses- 15,000 from Sudan
1991-Operation Solomon- 20,000 from Ethiopia
June 1999 last 3000 Quara Jews from Northeastern Ethiopia

Rev. 9: 16 200,000,000 man Army- China's army reached that in the 60's

I sure haven't been around for a thousand years but I still believe.

Life is a gamble - Why take chances? I don't try to hurt anyone in any way and I hesitate to speak a lot of times because of the possibility I may be wrong. But I agree with you on your saying administering medicine to a dead man. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your question - Where have you been?

I have no idea where you were raised but the community I was raised in was a small town in Ohio.

We never had to lock a door. Neighbors helped neighbors. Children were taught to respect their elders. Children were taught that lying, stealing, starting trouble and dirty language was a no no. We were taught to respect other people and other peoples property. We could walk from one end of town to the other and know most everyone we met. We were not afraid to be out after dark, we were not afraid of strangers and if we done anything we should not be doing or be anywhere other than where we were supposed to be our parents seemed to know about it before we got home. Our parents raised their children - not babysitters- government or grandparents. Maybe that's a major difference in our society today.

So no - all that is happening now has not been going on forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:14 am 

nygreenguy wrote:
Thats very odd as every dictionary I read has a definition like this:
Quote:
# Originating in or based upon observation or experience; capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment.

But if thats the definition you want to use, thats ok. But I dont that thats what most people think when they hear empirical. So you may want to always clarify that when you use the word.

I found that definition on the first try; right click in Word to lookup. I might suggest that you suffer from myopia and need to broaden your thinking. This is a religion and philosophy forum. Words used here will tend to be used with philosophical meanings not scientific ones. So I will NOT be clarifying obvious philosophical terms but suggest your own ignorance was at fault.

nygreenguy wrote:
I wouldnt be so sure. Attacking someone else's ideas doesnt necessairly mean that you even disagree. One can always play devils advocate.

However, since im an atheist i obviously dont find most argument for god persuasive, but without arguing how can I ever find one that is? (and vice verse for theists)

It was never my intention to persuade and have stated so repeatedly. For me belief in God is a personal experience that I believe God controls for every individual. Find your own path and allow others the same courtesy.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:12 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

A Proud Liberal wrote:

I found that definition on the first try; right click in Word to lookup. I might suggest that you suffer from myopia and need to broaden your thinking.
I find it ironic someone who prides themselves on being so open minded resorts to petty insults

Quote:
This is a religion and philosophy forum. Words used here will tend to be used with philosophical meanings not scientific ones. So I will NOT be clarifying obvious philosophical terms but suggest your own ignorance was at fault.
Obvious? Who defines what is obvious? To me my definition was obvious. If you wish to be philosophical you need to realize that for a philosophical debate to work, definitions must first be agreed upon. It must by your myopia kicking in again. Either way, empirical is a scientific word.

You however are trying to rely on abstract definition is order to make your usage seem more credible.

Quote:
It was never my intention to persuade and have stated so repeatedly. For me belief in God is a personal experience that I believe God controls for every individual. Find your own path and allow others the same courtesy.
Like I said before, I care about people and I really despise deception so as long as deception exists, I will remain a critic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:53 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

dee35ann wrote:
See:
Daniel 12:4

Matt.24:5-7,14

l Timothy 4:1-3

ll Timothy 3:1-5, 7

Numbers 19:2-7 Born in Israel March 2002

Ezekiel 34:13 fulfilled in 1948.
In 1948 - 630,000 Arabs left Israel

Zephaniah 3: 10-11 Return of Ethiopian Jews to Israel.
1984- Operation Moses- 15,000 from Sudan
1991-Operation Solomon- 20,000 from Ethiopia
June 1999 last 3000 Quara Jews from Northeastern Ethiopia

Rev. 9: 16 200,000,000 man Army- China's army reached that in the 60's

I sure haven't been around for a thousand years but I still believe.

Life is a gamble - Why take chances? I don't try to hurt anyone in any way and I hesitate to speak a lot of times because of the possibility I may be wrong. But I agree with you on your saying administering medicine to a dead man. LOL

Im really trying to decide if this even warrants a response.....

If someone would post THIS as evidence, should I waste my time refuting what they wont even listen to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

NYGG - You seem to be the one not willing to listen to anything anyone has to say.

You answer questions with questions.

You are so convinced you have the correct answers to everything that it is utterly useless wasting your time with anyone.

Good luck with life. I hope you don't realize how wrong you may posibly be before it's too late to make changes.

May God grant you always .....
A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.
Faithful friends near you.
And if and whenever you pray.
Heaven to hear you.

An Irish Blessing not a religious prayer.

PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:40 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

dee35ann wrote:
NYGG - You seem to be the one not willing to listen to anything anyone has to say.
I am, but some things simply dont deserve an audience.

Quote:
You answer questions with questions.
Its called critical thinking. Sometimes a question is the best answer.

Quote:
You are so convinced you have the correct answers to everything that it is utterly useless wasting your time with anyone.
This is not at all true.

Quote:
May God grant you always .....
A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.
Faithful friends near you.
And if and whenever you pray.
Heaven to hear you.

An Irish Blessing not a religious prayer.

PEACE
I dont need god to grant me any of those, I can find them without any help.

Thanks.

Post subject: I can't exemplify any easier
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Perpetual motion in motion.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject: perpetual motion
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:23 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Amen DO.gs - Amen

Like tossing a pebble into a pond. Our eyes see the wake go all the way to the shore line. What we fail to see is the ripples running through the earth on and on.

Like a troop of soldiers or boyscouts or for that matter any group of marchers. If all is is perfect step and sycronized in perfect motion crossing a bridge, the entire bridge would colapse.

Perpetual motion.