It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:27 pm 
I was working on my resume because I had quit my job working for a DoD contractor with their headquarters within waking distance to the Pentagon. My "liberal" neighbor came running up the stairs like an excited child to announce with glee that the WTC and Pentagon had been struck. After making the appropriate phone calls to verify that all my friends were alive and well, I went out to my car and turned the key. The song queued up with the same one I had been cranking out on the streets around the Capital and White House for the weeks prior.

The real irony of the video is that when they recorded it, I was running around Germany in NBC gear manning Hawk Missile systems such as you see flash on the screen.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =885681416

Can't Happen Here

(Blackmore/Glover)
Contaminated fish and micro chips
huge supertankers on Arabian trips
oily propaganda from the leaders' lips
all about the future
there's people over here, people over there
everybody's looking for a little more air
crossing all the borders just to take their share
planning for the future

and we're so abused, and we're so confused
it's easy to believe that someone's gonna light the fuse
can't happen here, can't happen here
all that you fear they're telling you, can't happen here

Supersonic planes for a holiday boom
Rio de Janeiro in an afternoon
people out of work but there's people on the moon
looking for the future
concrete racktracks nationwide
juggernauts carving up the countryside
cars by the million on a one way ride
using up the future

it's easy to believe that someone's gonna light the fuse
all that you fear they're telling you, can't happen here

Satellites spying for the CIA
the KGB and the men in grey
wonder if I'm gonna see another day
somewhere in the future
We got everything we need for a peaceful time
take what you want but you can't take mine
everybody's living on the Siegfried line
worried 'bout the future
it's so easy to believe that someone's gonna light it
easy to believe someone's gonna light the fuse
all that you fear they're telling you, can't happen here can it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
My "liberal" neighbor came running up the stairs like an excited child to announce with glee that the WTC and Pentagon had been struck.

Hmmmm...are you saying that your neighbor was behaving deliberately happily because the WTC was under attack? :shock: If so, explain in as much detail as possible why you think this was the case. Is there something wrong with being "liberal?" I'm glad I didn't feel that my colleague was gleeful when she told me about the attack. She was a bit excited...but I would never have described her behavior as "gleeful." I chalked it up to adrenaline then, and I still do.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have lost all confidence in our leadership and in our media. They have time and again shown complicity with the master warlords.

I'd feel better if I didn't think that our country was being used, like a toy, for the destruction of a way of life for hundreds of millions of people.

I'm not the worlds most sensitive guy. I don't lose much sleep over the normal cruelty of life. But when we take extra ordinary steps to engage in unnessary annihilation, I sing a melancholy tune.

I can deal with predators. They must kill to live. When a predator starts killing for the sake of killing, the perspective changes. Especially if the killing escalates into the millions and looks to be heading into the tens of millions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 am 
Catherine wrote:
Quote:
My "liberal" neighbor came running up the stairs like an excited child to announce with glee that the WTC and Pentagon had been struck.

Hmmmm...are you saying that your neighbor was behaving deliberately happily because the WTC was under attack? :shock: If so, explain in as much detail as possible why you think this was the case.

That is my assessment of his behavior.

Catherine wrote:
Is there something wrong with being "liberal?"

My experience is that a lot of self-proclaimed liberals are pretty closed-minded, dogmatic, intolerant, authoritarian and all-around illiberal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
My experience is that a lot of self-proclaimed liberals are pretty closed-minded, dogmatic, intolerant, authoritarian and all-around illiberal.

And your experience with "self-proclaimed conservatives" would be?

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject: Re: A 9/11 DIARY: PLEASE CONTRIBUTE
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Gosh, I was asleep at the time. I was working the night shift, and work up around 3 in the afternoon. What a wake up call that was!!

Looking back on it all, I thought it was kinda strange, that a lot of people didn't recall Larry Silverstein's other building. Building 7, which collapsed about 5:20p.m. I remember it specifically, because I saw it fall myself. Thought it was kinda strange, how it just dropped, without fire/jet hitting it.

Never really gave it much thought, until our dumbass president said shortly later, "go out and shop." Right, 3000 lay murdered in New York, and in less than 2 days, you're telling people to go and shop, TO PROVE YOUR PATRIOTISM!! (what a fucking idiot!!)

So, in a way, I may have looked at the initial onslaught of 911, a little different than most. Since I didn't actually see it unfold, the initial impact, may have been lessened a bit. However, after seeing about every 911 movie/video out there now, I can now, understand the initial impact, of people who actually witnessed it's "gory" beginning.

What the real turning point was for me, is when I was surfing the internet, during the college basketball tournaments in March of 2003. My first website, challenging the official story, was David Von Kleist's "In Plane Site." Long story short...Was the fact that no plane hit the Pentagon. (no holes, bodies, blood, luggage, PLANE etc. etc. etc.)

It was about right there, when the words of our "fearless dumbass," started ringing in my ears once more. "Go out an shop." (yes, our first anal breech birth president) :albino: :albino: :albino:

In addition, this, "too stupid to be a used tire," had a town meeting, answering questions about where he was, and what he was doing that dreadful day. In addition of him seeing THE FIRST PLANE HIT, on 911, which no one saw, UNTIL THE FOLLOWING DAY, to joking about his brother Jeb, I started to smell a rat. He lied about the first plane, or had a closed circuit television, watching it all unfold. In addition, having a "game show" demeanor, at that town meeting, JOKING ABOUT BROTHER "JEB," with no sense of remorse whatsoever, RAISED MAJOR FLAGS WITH ME BY THEN!!

In closing, I myself, and to this very day, still think I'm living a "nightmare." What has made this personally hard for me, as a progressive democrat, is the fact that NO ONE IN THE MEDIA, WANTS BUSH'S/CHENEY'S BALLS ON A PLATTER!! They will not challenge the official story, they will not, "hold people's feet to the fire" over 911, or plead for a new investigation to begin with. In addition, there are over 1600 and growing architechs, SCREAMING FOR A NEW INVESTIGATION!! No one, and I mean no one in our corporate media, will challenge them!!

...and you think the american people are going to get

1)single payer health care
2)no more wars
3)repeal of that "God awful patriot act"
4)a sustainable green energy policy/JOBS!!
5rising gas prices
6)fair tax policy
7)free and open airwaves for all americans
8 physical threats from the neo-right
9)threats to our social security/medicare from "the filthy right"
10) A PRESIDENT WITH NO POLITICAL BALLS!! (yes, a fricken' coward)
11)debt debt debt debt debt debt debt and more debt
12)a "lame duck" congress, WHICH INCLUDES THE OTHER 640 DAYS AS WELL!!

...to me anyway, this whole "can of worms," is like a 8.5x11 piece of paper with a whole "gob" of dots. For every piece of correct information EXPOSED, about 911, you connect (2) dots, until you see Cheney's face appear. You know, the guy without a pulse, no matter if his heart is real or artificial?

Yes, it's still a nightmare to me, up to this very day!! (and it continues) Sometimes, I feel, I don't know my fellow americans anymore. (I shit you not, I REALLY REALLY, feel this way, unfortunately)

...and it takes a small country, such as Nigeria, to show enough "political balls," to try Cheney for a much smaller criminal act of "bribery," instead of making this creep, "wiggle on the end of a rope" at ground zero, for the murder, of 3000 of our own!!

(Christ!!...What have we become!!) :roll: :( :roll: :( :roll: :(

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

THIS THREAD WAS CREATED AS A PLACE FOR TVNL MEMBERS TO EXPLAIN MANY FACETS OF THEIR FEELINGS ABOUT THE 9/11 ATTACK. AS WE APPROACH THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE TRAGIC DAY, IT SEEMS APPROPRIATE FOR MEMBERS TO POST HOW THEY LEARNED ABOUT THE DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN. HOW DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS? WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? HOW DO YOU THINK THE EVENT WILL IMPACT AMERICA'S FUTURE, IF AT ALL?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:45 am 

I seem to be the only one who didn't know about this until the next day. Have you noticed how the Rs are giving credit to BUSH for getting Osama?

I guess it works this way--if Bush had paid attention to the many warnings coming here from all over the world, or had read his warning while in Texas on vacation, there wouldn't have been a 9/11. That is the only way Bush is responsible for 'getting' Osama. The Bush administration is responsible for why we needed to get the person who attacked us.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The Bush administration is responsible for why we needed to get the person who attacked us

:bounce: Well said, dori! That would make an excellent bumper sticker!

As to how I learned about bin Laden's death....On Sunday nights, we usually watch Masterpiece on PBS. On Sunday, May 1, we had watched a new series entitled "South Riding. " The show lasted until 10:00 or so. My husband decided to go to bed, while I goofed around the house a bit, straightening the pillows on the sofa, making sure the cats were inside, and putting our snack dishes into the dishwasher. Then I decided to go downstairs to my computer area to check out TVNL and the headlines. I first came here, saw nothing interesting going on, and then pulled up the Huffington Post...there it was in the biggest font that site probably has: OSAMA DEAD!

I was shocked! When I read the first few sentences of the report, I went flying back upstairs, switched on the television to MSNBC, and got the full rundown of what had happened. I woke my husband up with the news, but he's a very heavy sleeper, so he mumbled something and went back to sleep. I dashed back to the living room and watched television, switching from one channel to another, until about 2 am. I was very impressed with the calm, cool delivery of President Obama's speech when he announced the success of the mission...and it was even more amazing when I remembered all that he had done during the weekend! :D

One of my friends was like you, dori...she didn't learn about it until the next day. She got up about 7 am, and saw that somebody had left a message on her home phone. She checked, and found the message was from her elderly father. He had called about midnight, but she hadn't heard the phone ring. His message upset her so badly! The old fellow had gotten the names mixed up, and said: "Quick...Turn on your television...Obama's dead!"

My friend, who is a strong Obama supporter and has worried since 2008 that someone would try to assassinate him, said she immediately burst into tears and felt so sick to her stomach she thought she was going to throw up. She stumbled to her television, dreading to turn it on, and there on the news she saw that it was OSAMA, not OBAMA...she said that after she had collapsed in relief, wiped away her tears, and made herself some coffee, she called her father and told him that he'd made a terrible mistake and almost killed his daughter in the process!

During all the media coverage of the death of bin Laden, I noticed that many of the talking heads got the names mixed up, too, but managed to keep it from happening too frequently, especially as the info about the SEALS and how they were so successful.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 pm 

Wow! I feel for that poor woman. What a terrible shock that had to be. I have been afraid too, since he was elected, that someone would 'get' Obama. How the rightwing would celebrate!

Good thing your friend didn't turn on Fox. I hear they said Obama was dead. I do know many people have confused the names too, but I wonder just how much Fox worked to not do so.

What I don't believe is how much blowback there has been on Obama about this. Didn't the right want Osama to be caught? Is he their new hero?

As for Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell, I don't agree with them but no one can be right all the time, eh? We all do our best.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ON this 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I'm really not doing anything that marks the date. It's a beautiful Sunday, much like the weather was on that fateful September day ten years ago, but otherwise, I'm just going on with my planned activities. Hope the rest of you are, too! Time to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan and stop the warmongers. They've had ten years...now let's give peace a chance!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

11th anniversary...beautiful day in the NC mountains and I'm reading about how the Bush Admin may have been even more neglectful in regarding the warnings about Bin Laden and the threat to America, but now we have to work hard to make sure we get out the vote in November to prevent another silver-spooned Republican from occupying the WH for at least four years...one that is, in my opinion, worse than Bush with a running mate worse than Dick Cheney. :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman