It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kucinich VP! Guess Who?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:01 pm 

I only hope those here on the forum who prefers Dennis Kucinich for President, better think three times before considering a vote... Who would be his VP.... Put a heavy pad down so you won't hurt yourself when you hear the name.... RON PAUL...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Kucinich wins nomination, Ron Paul could be his veep

Posted by Sabrina Eaton and Stephen Koff November 25, 2007 19:03PM
Categories: Kucinich
Acworth, New Hampshire -- Call it the liberal-libertarian ticket, where left meets right and Democrat Dennis Kucinich picks Republican Ron Paul to be his vice president.

Kucinich, the Cleveland congressman running in a longshot bid to become president, suggested it himself today.

"I'm thinking about Ron Paul" as a running mate, Kucinich told a crowd of about 70 supporters at a house party here, one of numerous stops throughout New Hampshire over the Thanksgiving weekend. A Kucinich-Paul administration could bring people together "to balance the energies in this country," Kucinich said.

It would create a stunning, if dizzying, blend of beliefs, wedding two politicians who hold different views on abortion rights, the role of government in providing health care, and the use of government in fostering -- or hampering -- the public's greater good. Those are among the reasons it would never work, said a spokesman for Paul, a congressman and doctor from Texas.

"Dr. Paul and Rep. Kucinich are friends and there is a lot of mutual respect," Paul communications director Jesse Benton said in an e-mail when asked whether a running-mate spot on the Kucinich ticket would be attractive to Paul. "They have worked, and will continue to work, together on the ending the war and protecting civil liberties.

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2007/ ... on_ro.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I saw those articles a while back. Had me scratching my head then.

If they were to win it all, Mr. Paul would become a tie-breaking vote in the Senate. Having him there would be like undercutting Mr. Kucinich's efforts to pass legislation.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neither of them will get either nomination, BUT I'm surprised that Kucinich would consider someone like Paul should he actually be nominated. Kucinich would make a fine president, but I'd have to think about that running mate.

For that matter, we should consider the VP nomination for any contender.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ahhhh...my two favorite candidates since I need to trust before I vote.

Freedom and stopping more foreign invasions is my #1 issue right now. I look at big pictures when times are tumultuous.

I won't hold my breath of course....I'm pretty sure the America we cherished has already been done in by the Bush cabal since they seem to have another year to complete their clandestine under mining.

The calculus that all dictators employ to aggregate power: "Invoke an external and internal threat; develop the paramilitary force; create a secret prison system; surveil ordinary citizens; arbitrarily detain and released them; harass citizens' groups; target writers, entertainers, and other key individuals for dissenting; intimidate the press; recast dissent as "treason" and criticism as "espionage"; and eventually subvert the rule of law."

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Neither of them will get either nomination, BUT I'm surprised that Kucinich would consider someone like Paul should he actually be nominated. Kucinich would make a fine president, but I'd have to think about that running mate.

For that matter, we should consider the VP nomination for any contender.

I didn't know Kucinich was that desperate. Dennis should be more careful. The Libertarian faction of Ron Paulbearers (the ones who really understand his secret agenda) are rather fanatical. With their extremist right-wing leader only a heartbeat away from the presidency, I doubt they would stand idlly by when Kucinich commits the ultimate sin of instituting his National Health Care Plan. His own health would then be in severe jeopardy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Kucinich said it was a joke.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 am 

I hope it was a joke. Otherwise, I agree with shoeless, Kucinich's own health would be in grave jeopardy. (No pun intended.)

Much as I want single source health care, maybe I will start looking more closely at Edwards...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.kurs-php.cba.pl]Kucinich Under Fire
[/url]

By Rep. Dennis Kucinich —

Rep. Dennis Kucinich is back in Cleveland and fighting for his political survival as his longtime corporate opponents finance a Swift-boat-style media onslaught to take over his congressional seat.

Here he fires back and makes his case for why Cleveland, and the country, needs his voice in Congress now more than ever.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

After his wife did an interview whereby she encouraged web surfers to watch a video about the money masters, I would not be extremely surprised if a jackal paid a visit.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine- that post you did about Kucinich is in Polish, so I don't know if its about him or not. What's going on? Is there a translation port on the site? I try to copy the URL but it won't even copy or paste.

Sure, go after Kucinich and prove what free speech really means to the Dems- especially when it shows the liars club that runs them. Yep politics is real-- real stupid if you think it's real! :roll:

As for Ron Paul- he lives under the thumb of his chosen vista of exposure with the Repugs, so what did he expect? Free speech and fair play? Everyone on both sides is out to get him, so what chance does he have. It would take a putsh and a shitload of hard liquor to get him going. Free beer like the singing frog cartoon(Michigan J. Frog) might be his best advertisement for all those millions he collected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1vH2rjUshk

Together RP and K could start their own anti-party. I think it would be a homerun for those who feel sleighted by the democracy they thought they were living in. Anti-party, like an antibody to cure our infected states of being. With the choices being forced upon us, the RP-K connection seems to be a compromise to sanity now.

They should start by inviting all other third parties, independants and undecideds to form behind them and become a real force to be reckoned with. Then we'd see the main two parties being more careful with their policies so as to include more of the people's concerns through the Pro- People Anti-Party being aired before decisions are made.

It's called real representative government then. What a concept!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.