It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corporate Media is Raw Sewage: a Visibility Campaign
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:11 pm 

I agree with the thread that states that the left in the media wont challenge the legitimacy of the media itself. We need to and our protests will not be covered. Lets pre-getoverit.

But lets do it anyway. How can we encourage fly in the ointment of the Corporate Media visibility strategies, aimed at the general public? PEOPLE NEED TO SEE OH THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO THINK THE MEDIA IS RAW SEWAGE IN SOME WAYS LIKE THE USSR.

Until we do this we have not messed with the ignition and transmission in the engine or wars and other evil stuff.

HOW should we do this?[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:41 pm 

Beats me. I can't get letters into the local paper, either at all, or without them being heavily edited, enough for them to come out saying just the opposite of what I had written.

For sure we can't fight the media with media...

Anyone for low powered radio?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:04 pm 

dori-- I had in mind more of a visibility campaign i.e. people standing out in crowde areas with signs to be a fly in the media ointment in places like Times Square which is a soapbox for Corporate Neon which sometimes I think is not what the Enlightenment coffe drinkers had in mind. Also it is a block away from the old NYT office as is seen at the end of the movie Three Days of the Condor.

On the subject of that film, isnt it interesting that the redford character has the job of READING MYSTERY novels on a contract basis for the CIA. One of E. Howard Hunts Jobs for the CIA-- when not on one of his frequent eagle scout camping trips-- was WRITING MYSTERY NOVELS for the agency as a means of disinformation!! (Now think of the Manchurian Candidate the novel!

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... &hl=Condon

sorry. exciteable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There used to be a campaign in which people put their grocery lists on paper that included lots of info about the Bush administration's lies to the world.

After using the list, it was to be left in the grocery cart for the next person to hopefully find.

Leaving leftist info in the magazine rack of your local library is another strategy some people use.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 pm 

Signs are not generally shown on any TV program. One has to get LINK or some other 'as it is' programming to see such things. The people around you will see them, but so will the police. Go on 'the list' and you will not be showing signs very long.

Don't get me wrong--I believe in signs. We have a poster here, gonerail, who does this regularly. I would love to be able to get into Batavia with a huge "Honk if you want to Impeach" sign. Anything beyond that would be lost on the locals.

I live in a no-where place so signs wouldn't mean anything around here beyond having my property vandalized, and I don't have the means to get to Batavia or anywhere larger than that.

Catherine's idea of 'leaving a shopping list in the grocery cart with info about the Bush administration' is a start. As for the library, I have already been told there they DO NOT allow anything liberal in the building because no one likes liberals here. And, sure enough, there are no liberal books or magazines there. I would hate to have someone have a stroke finding leftist material in the magazine rack at any local library or store. Neocons are pansies, they just can't hack that everyone in their world isn't as whacked out as they are.

ON EDIT: Didn't mean to be so negative. ANYTHING that brings truth to the people should be followed.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid