It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You know...it could be worse.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They could have sent the 9/11 truthers to FEMA concentration camps. They could give more power to the 9/11 coveruppers.

They could have declared martial law already. They are one detonation and a signature away from that it would seem.

The US dollar could be worth a little bit less than it is now.

The Bush regime is not yet as cut throat as the nazis. Not yet.

We could have more Iraq casualties. Iraq could have more US casualties.

My wine could be worse. It is actually pretty good for 1/2 price Spanish Tamprinillo. Of course...I'm partial to Spanish products since I only see one every decade or so.

My microwave detector is not going off when my hands pass over it lately. This is comforting. Maybe the batteries are dead?

Happy holidays all!

I need to drink more. I actually think we may have a chance after a glass of wine. A full glass.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hit me, beat me, stomp me- make me wine.

A better quality filter will give you better tasting homemade wine. Invest wisely in a 6 week kit and stay away from asbestos filters- YOUR WINE WILL GET BETTER!

It certainly could be worse, but wine a little and the whole thing sounds better.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What happens to a nation's economy when martial law is declared by that nation's leader(s)? :?

Good wine... :D I've always heard that champagne is ok to purchase cheap, but the higher the price, the better the wine. Any truth to that?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:19 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
What happens to a nation's economy when martial law is declared by that nation's leader(s)? :?

Good wine... :D I've always heard that champagne is ok to purchase cheap, but the higher the price, the better the wine. Any truth to that?

Dunno about the economy. I've sobered up now and my post looks odd.

Champagne is a wine by the way. Sparkling white wine I believe it is called...to be proper here in the US. I think France or Germany declared a patent or something on the word champagne....technically speaking. So US made champagne must be called sparkling white wine as I recall.

It cost a lot more to make more expensive wine though I think $20 should generally get you high quality vino.

The oak barrels were still coming from Europe a few years back. Napa Valley, California got taken over by corporations a few years ago so nothing would surprise me now. Some real sad stories about proud wineries getting swiped from under the owners feet. Mondavi....cough, cough. He tried to buy it back but was unable.

Myself..I'm just not real picky. A $10 bottle taste fine to me though the better wines do taste better of course.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/champagne/champagne.html]SOYOUWANNA ENJOY CHAMPAGNE?
[/url]

I once made champagne jelly as little Christmas party favors. Good stuff! :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I do like champagne.

A bottle is perfect for two people, a bit much for one.

I seem to have caught a very slight cold from drinking that bottle yesterday...I hardly ever get sick.