It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Author Jailed for Holocaust Denial
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saw this at Jaspar's news links:

[url=http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071203/D8TA60501.html]Author Jailed for Holocaust Denial

[/url]

VIENNA, Austria (AP) - A right-wing Austrian writer who fled to Spain after being convicted on Holocaust denial charges 15 years ago must serve his 18-month sentence, Vienna's highest court said Monday.

Gerd Honsik, 67, must serve out the sentence handed down in 1992, the court said, rejecting his plea for leniency because of his age and a kidney ailment. However, the court also turned down a prosecution request to make the former fugitive serve even more time.

Vienna's public prosecutor's office said Honsik still faced possible charges for alleged neo-Nazi activities carried out during his exile in Spain, which could boost his time behind bars.

Investigators said a decision on whether to charge Honsik for articles he published in print and online in Spain could come later this month.

Honsik was captured in southern Spain in August and extradited in October. He fled after being convicted of denying the existence of the Holocaust and claiming the Nazis never used gas chambers - grounds for criminal prosecution in Austria.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Criminalization of historical interpretation is interesting to me.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ah yes, as sirIrate would say- the thought police have found a target.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Imagine if blacks or Mexicans or Indians or Asians or Russians or any other group could force incarceration if they did not approve of your interpretation of history.

Tactics like this do not impress me.....believe it or go directly to jail? They could easily enforce a policy like that on 9/11 truthers.

We have a tail that wags the dog 'round these parts.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:21 am 

Purple Tang wrote:
Imagine if blacks or Mexicans or Indians or Asians or Russians or any other group could force incarceration if they did not approve of your interpretation of history.

Tactics like this do not impress me.....believe it or go directly to jail? They could easily enforce a policy like that on 9/11 truthers.

We have a tail that wags the dog 'round these parts.

This is a false analogy. This author was jailed for denying the existence of the Holocaust. That isn't an interpretation of history it is a denial and revision of history. Holocaust denial is illegal in those countries that have admitted to being responsible for committing the atrocities of the Holocaust, so as to try and keep from the same mistakes happening again.

No 9/11 truther that I am aware of denies the attacks happened. They deny the official line of how and why. There is still the very basic belief that thousands died on that day. Anyone denying the deaths of 9/11 would rightfully be laughed off the stage of public scrutiny. They would deserve no legitimacy in the same way a Holocaust denier deserves none.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:37 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Not exactly...deniers freely admit that Jews were rounded up and shipped to camps. Where they differ is whether or not the Jews were then exterminated on a wholesale basis.

The genocide of the Americn Indian is far more clearly documented. Yet our history generally portrays them as savages bent on stealing and killing as many innocent whites as possible.

Russia suffered many more WWII casualties than the Jews.

The blacks have suffered for centuries. Black males still grow up knowing they are earmarked for incarceration.

Mexicans had vast land tracts essentially stolen from them. Today they can not legally stay on land they legally owned prior to the hijinks.

On the other hand, the upper class of the Israeli nation now enjoy the power to make false accusation via their puppet Presidents and carry on with a genocidal program of the Muslim people.

Sorry....but the present day out weighs the WWII cry me a river campaign.

Besides....hardly anyone ever thinks about the Jews except for the Jews. They seem to think everybody is obsessed with them. In 40 some years, about the only people I have heard mention Jews are...Jews. They seem to like to think that the rest of us actually think they are unique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:01 am 

Purple Tang wrote:
Not exactly...deniers freely admit that Jews were rounded up and shipped to camps. Where they differ is whether or not the Jews were then exterminated on a wholesale basis.

The genocide of the Americn Indian is far more clearly documented. Yet our history generally portrays them as savages bent on stealing and killing as many innocent whites as possible.

Russia suffered many more WWII casualties than the Jews.

The blacks have suffered for centuries. Black males still grow up knowing they are earmarked for incarceration.

Mexicans had vast land tracts essentially stolen from them. Today they can not legally stay on land they legally owned prior to the hijinks.

On the other hand, the upper class of the Israeli nation now enjoy the power to make false accusation via their puppet Presidents and carry on with a genocidal program of the Muslim people.

Sorry....but the present day out weighs the WWII cry me a river campaign.

Besides....hardly anyone ever thinks about the Jews except for the Jews. They seem to think everybody is obsessed with them. In 40 some years, about the only people I have heard mention Jews are...Jews. They seem to like to think that the rest of us actually think they are unique.

Exactly the whole logic of this drivel—two wrongs make a right is still false.

Deniers also believe the rounding up of Jews and other "undesirables" was okay. That in and of itself was wrong. This is always glossed over. Check the documentation of the Nuremburg trials and one sees that extermination was the goal of the roundups.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Only after we allies denied to allow the jews to immigrate into our countries! The germans offered to give them to us, but we ALL said NO.

Including the pope, who knew what was going to happen as did most of our leaders.

But, they didn't care until they could use it for their own advantages- like invading Palestine and giving it to Israel.

Blood on our hands too!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.