It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE DUMBEST THINGS BUSH SAID IN 2007
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

THE DUMBEST THINGS BUSH SAID IN 2007

10. "And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it." --interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

9. "I fully understand those who say you can't win this thing militarily. That's exactly what the United States military says, that you can't win this military." --on the need for political progress in Iraq, Washington, D.C., Oct. 17, 2007

8. "One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be." --on military benefits, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

MORE AT THE LINK.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I've never been a linguistic snob. I've always felt that as long as I understand what you're saying, then I don't care how you say it (so long as every other word is not the eff-word).

But with Bush, a person can sit there and constantly do double-takes with their ears.

We go forward with trust that the Author of Liberty will guide us through these trying hours.

Dude, it's been like a few long years with no end in site if you keep us to this course.

And what's up with this Author of Liberty crud?

Jesus would never have signed-on to your warish crap. Not that he did any "authoring".

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it's crud...yet people keep falling for all that religious crap spilling from the lips of one of the most prolific liars who ever drew breath. Bush isn't the only president who has used religion to control and blind the masses. He just seems to be better at it than those who came before him.

Quote:
....critics who point to the influence of the role of religion in Bush’s foreign policy still have a point. What sets this president off from some of his more illustrious predecessors is that in making foreign policy—a task that requires an empirical assessment of means and ends—he has been guided both by the objectives of Protestant millennialism and by the mentality it has spawned. That has made for some stirring oratory, but it has detracted from a clear understanding of the challenges facing the United States. Indeed, it has laid the basis for the greatest American foreign policy disaster since the war in Vietnam

http://dissentmagazine.org/article/?article=182

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman