It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The pain of relocation?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It is so easy to analyze the American neo political environment and think "I have got to get the bloody hell out of here." After all, one soldier stands nary a chance against the gauntlet of the apparitions of police states, totalitarianism, martial law, concentration camps, fascism, and end games that seem to be rising like ghosts from the ghastly mists.

Yet every move I make in my runs for a more stable political environment brings a certain amount of discomfort and uncertainty. America has a comparatively good climate. I have a few friends and family. We still have elections. They may be for sale to the highest bidders, the machines may be rigged, but most people still feel like we have elections. We can still bitch on the internet and most of us will be blissfully unaware of the growing files our government keeps on 'political dissent.'

I would actually stay if I was confident that the situation had bottomed and would likely improve. If I were a gambler, my bets would be that Bush's mobster bosses have only just started their master plan which is only good for their own. Which leads some to consider biblical prophecies of the end times. Every generation has thought it was the final generation. It seems increasingly possible that this generation may be right.

I am absolutely astonished at those who read about our political environment and remain confident that things are just fine.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 am 

Quote:
I am absolutely astonished at those who read about our political environment and remain confident that things are just fine.

But are they reading or listening to what is actually happening? How many people are not exposed to anything that even faintly resembles 'information'?

I know so many people who listen only to their ministers, or maybe Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. These people are not in touch with anything having to do with reality.

First we have to get information to them...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Quote:

But are they reading or listening to what is actually happening? How many people are not exposed to anything that even faintly resembles 'information'?

I know so many people who listen only to their ministers, or maybe Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. These people are not in touch with anything having to do with reality.

First we have to get information to them...

It would be pretty hard to try harder than me to educate people. I give DVDs.....they don't get played. I hear "I'll gladly sacrifice a little bit of freedom for a lot more security." "I don't want to hear it." "I don't like Bush either." An ex-con listened and told me that I was going to jail.

I reached through to one guy but he was ready. I think it is generally beyond the scope of a citizen to reach more than a few people.

The internet crowd is somewhat enlightened....they might shut down the internet in a few years as a consequence.

Intellectuals are trying to educate but the only available weapon is writing a book and hoping to get it published and sold. A tough task to say the least.

The media has proven itself to be a lapdog for the most part. Despite the fact that governments have been using false flag operations to achieve the most nefarious of goals, almost since time began, it continues to work exceedingly well.

If I were a young ruthless dictator to be, I would have made careful notes of the modus operandi of the Bushicons. I would be delighted that they have provided all of the necessary groundwork to operate a regime of previously unimaginable ill will. I would also be concerned that they have made it all to easy for the current occupants to simply "decide to stay."

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

All your concerns are valid and real. People will stay here because it is the best, but with that heavy price to pay. The Romans were the same and couldn't desert what they had. When the end came, they were wiped off the face of the earth and forgotten by all but the Arabs who had the knowledge of the east and the wisdom of the Greeks and Romans, while our ancestors waddled their way through the dark ages.

What we're waddling through now is more like the crap that we believe and it is getting up to our eyeballs, we're so full of it. That you got through to one person is a miracle with all the programmed brainwashing they have gone through. They don't want to deal with the pain of changing- it is too warm and comfortable to just sit where they are and hang on in quiet desperation, praying that they don't end up like the people they advantage themselves over. Being top dog is quite a tempting aphrodesiac, but all dogs meet their end and so it will be for America.

We will all have to choose in the end what we are to do- support or dissent- I think most will comply and push this thing to its eventual conclusion- which as you described could be world catyclism as the final solution. A holocaust that we have brought on ourselves because we can't even learn to care or share with anyone else but our herd and then it has to be class oriented to divide even us.

Greed and ignorance- what can you do to compete with that? They got the guns and all the money and we're not much more advanced than slaves or automatons, so................Put on the feed bag and back to propping up our latest version of civilizations train wreck, already in progress.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:46 am 

DO.g's is right, it is a miracle you got through to even one person. How many of us can say that?

I talk until I am blue in the face, I answer every propaganda email that comes here, I have signs and buttons and stickers and...nothing. The propaganda keeps coming. The natives love this stuff!

On a not too happy note, maybe none of us will have to worry about this much longer. People accept propaganda about global climate change just as readily as they do about Bush Inc. A few more years of not paying attention and poof! none of us will be around to do the right thing.

As I say far too often--man is the intelligent animal, but not very.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid