It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diebold Under DoJ Investigation as Stock Price Falls!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Diebold Now Also Under DoJ Investigation as Stock Price Hits FIVE-YEAR Low!

The death spiral for the 131 year-old company, once respectfully known as Diebold, continues, as its stock price falls to a 5-year low today, near year's end (currently $29.23/share and still sinking, from a 52-week high of $54.50/share), along with the additional news that the U.S. Department of Justice has now joined the SEC in an investigation concerning the company's "Enron-like" bookkeeping tricks...

Diebold Inc. (NYSE: DBD) said it has learned that the U.S. Department of Justice is conducting an investigation that parallels a previously disclosed investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into the company’s discontinued practice of recognizing certain revenue on a “bill and hold” basis.

Diebold announced in early October that it has been engaged in an ongoing discussion with the SEC’s Office of the Chief Accountant regarding its former use of the "bill and hold" method of recognizing revenue.

Under bill and hold, ownership of a product contractually passes to a customer and revenue is recognized by the supplier prior to delivery of the product to the customer.

Diebold said it’s in continuing talks with the Office of the Chief Accountant so that it can determine what the company termed “the most appropriate revenue recognition method” to replace its bill and hold practice.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I sometimes have a hard time knowing what to believe these days.

We have so many agents eager to enforce the authoritarianism of this regime. At the same time, many agents are, of course, trying to do the right thing. The FBI and CIA both seem to be in open revolt to this lawless, murderous regime.

Everything I read about Diebold was poisonous. Then the state of Colorado just de-certified every electronic machine but Diebold.

My position is that those who may have used electronic machines to deliver the 2000 and 2004 elections to Bush/Cheney would be guilty of a very, very high crime. The fact that Colorado just de-certified 3 out of 4 of them is interesting.

Electronic voting machines must leave a fully verifiable paper trail. We must regain control of the electoral process. The battle is not over yet. Good people are still fighting the good fight.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I sometimes have a hard time knowing what to believe these days.

That's one of the reasons this website was begun. :wink:

Quote:
My position is that those who may have used electronic machines to deliver the 2000 and 2004 elections to Bush/Cheney would be guilty of a very, very high crime. The fact that Colorado just de-certified 3 out of 4 of them is interesting

Interesting indeed. I wonder if the powers that be in your state are aware of this particular Diebold info. For that matter, I wonder how many of our 50 states' citizens and their representatives are even aware of it.

Diebold is, in my opinion, a synonym for "stolen elections."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman