It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Archive of Quotes for December 2007
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:49 am 

Quotes for December 5 . . .

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Poverty "What would you think of me if I were capable of seating myself at a table and gorging myself with food and saw about me the children of my fellow beings starving to death?" — Eugene V. Debs

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Holy War "Judge Roy Moore will be going to trial November 12, 2003. The trial will take place in the very court where he presided as Chief Justice before being suspended from his duties by several "Christian" associate justices—the Supreme Court of the state of Alabama. He is being charged with contempt of court for not abiding by Federal Judge Myron Thompson's "illegal" court order to remove the Ten Commandments Monument from the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court building.

This is an outrage! We cannot not sit passively by while this utter injustice is taking place in the God-hating courts of this land. We must stand with the man who is standing with Jesus.

We must be there to support Judge Roy Moore! We are asking, no pleading with you to do whatever is necessary to allow your theology to become biography in the streets of Montgomery, once again. We know that you have been all over this country fighting the Gospel battle but, you were born for a time such as this. The trumpet has sounded. Bill Pryor, the Attorney General of the State of Alabama, will be leading the prosecution. Remember, Mr. Pryor ran for office based on the fact that he would stand by Judge Roy Moore and his right to display the Ten Commandments in the Alabama Supreme Court building. Mr. Pryor confesses Christ, but Mr. Pryor has been less than truthful in carrying out the duties of his office.

It is imperative that we stand with our brother!

See you in Montgomery, Alabama, November 11-13, as we storm the gates of hell once again. Colossians 4:17.

Judge Roy Moore Needs Us Now!" — "We must go back to Montgomery," November 11-13, 2003. operationsaveamerica.org

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "The chances of Amsterdam becoming a car-free city are as big as the chances of me getting involved in a relationship. If it might ever come to that, I'll calculate what it is going to cost me and I will not go through with it after all." — a Dutch politician reacting to a question about whether autos should be banned from the center of the city

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Last edited by A Proud Liberal on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Quotes for December 6......
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:55 am 

December 6. . . . . .

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Power "He who is morally impressed by power is never in a critical mood, and he is never a revolutionary character." — Erich Fromm

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On The Gender Gap ". . . Or, consider 1992 when the court challenged God's ability to mark when life begins and ends. Three Reagan appointees joined the majority in Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey to uphold a "woman's right to choose." So much for recapturing the Court. Together, Roe, Casey and their illegitimate progeny have occasioned the slaughter of thirty-five million children, thirty-five million innocents denied standing before the law. . . ." — Sen. John Ashcroft, at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Annual Meeting, 3-6-97.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "We must rise to higher and higher platitudes together." — Richard J. Daley, mayor of Chicago

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

Post subject: Quotes for December 8......
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:56 am 

Quotes for December 8......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Progress "I do not believe in the indefinite progress for society as a whole. I believe in man's improvement in himself." — Balzac

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Now, like, I'm President. It would be pretty hard for some drug guy to come into the White House and start offering it up, you know? . . . I bet if they did, I hope I would say, "Hey, get lost. We don't want any of that." — George H. W. Bush

Post subject: Quotes for December 9......
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:57 am 

Quotes for December 9......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Protest "Nothing wrong with a few professional protesters, when the world is full of professional oppressors." — Alan Bamford

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Respecting Our Elders "As I write this, the full orchestra of the Philharmonic Symphony gives Handel's Messiah full volume in my head. After seventeen resolutions and twelve plus years, Iraq is not deviating one bit from its past behaviour and the United Nations just can't help but go down the toilet with Saddam. A fitting end to a United Nations that has done nothing but steal money and sovereignty from the free people of the United States and suppress liberty around the world.

If they [Democratic Hispanic members of the U.S. House] have a defense for their actions, they should deliver it to the kids in uniform that could one day have their—shot oo to protect these ninnies! Even Tom Daschle, Senate leader, committed to President Bush today . . . he's just waiting for doddering old Bob Byrd, the senile senator from West Virginia, to shut up and sit down so the senate can vote!" — E-mail sent by a White House intern to Hispanic leaders. A White House spokesman claimed it was a mistake. Bill McAllister, "White House e-mail calls Byrd 'Senile.' Mistakenly sent message also rips Hispanic leaders," Charleston Daily Mail, 10-12-02.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "For seven and half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We' had some sex . . . uh . . . setbacks." — George H. W. Bush

Post subject: Quotes for December 10......
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:59 am 

Quotes for December 10......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Punishment "Prisons don't rehabilitate, they don't punish, they don't protect—so what the hell do they do?" — Jerry Brown {The answer of course is keep prison guards employed.—APL}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "The caribou love it [the Alaska pipeline]. They rub against it and they have babies. There are more caribou in Alaska than you can shake a stick at." — George H. W. Bush

Post subject: Quotes for December 11......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:30 am 

Quotes for December 11......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Racism "When blacks are unemployed, they are considered lazy and apathetic. When whites are unemployed, it's considered a depression." — Jesse Jackson

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On The Art of Diplomacy
"Tim Russert: How do you respond to those who suggest that the war on terror should have focused on al-Qaeda, and that the resources that are now applied to Iraq are misapplied, that Saddam was not the threat that that he was presented by the administration, and the war should have been focused on Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda?

Donald Rumsfeld: Tim, we said from the outset that there are several terrorist networks that have global reach and that there were several countries that were harboring terrorists that have global reach. We weren't going into Iraq when we were hit on September 11. And the question is: Well, what do you do about terrorist states—Iraq's been a terrorist state for decades—and correctly, I think, that the only way to deal with it is—you can't just hunker down and hope they won't hit you again. You simply have to take the battle to them."
— "Meet The Press," NBC, 11-2-03.—{I note that Rumy doesn't comment about the weapons he personally sold Saddam during those pervious decades.}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Mr. Speaker, I smell a rat; I see him forming in the air and darkening the sky; but I'll nip him in the bud." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 12......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:32 am 

Quotes for December 12......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Radical Right "There is no place in our world for an ideology that seeks to close minds, force obedience, and return the world to a paradise that never was." — Tim Berra

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "A man could not be in two places at the same time unless he were a bird." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 13......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:34 am 

Quotes for December 13......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Rebellion & Struggle "In order to exist, man must rebel." — Albert Camus

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Cakewalk: Ongoing War "I don't agree that you need an enormous number of American troops . . . [Saddam's army] is down to one-third than it was before, and I think it would be a cakewalk." — Kenneth Adelman, member of the Defense Policy Board and former UN ambassador during the Reagan administration, talking to Wolf Blitzer about the potential war with Iraq. CNN, 12-6-01.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Half the lies our opponents tell about us are untrue." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 14......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am 

Quotes for December 14......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Religion "Religion is sort of like a lift in your shoes. If it makes you feel better, fine. Just don't ask me to wear your shoes." — George Carlin

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Treaties No, New Nukes Yes "Russian Reporter: There are people who say that the fact of the U.S. withdrawal from the ABM Treaty will lead to another arms race. Is that true?
Donald Rumsfeld: They are wrong. They are not just a little wrong, they are very wrong. The whole history of your adult life proves they are wrong. Since the beginning of Arms Control in the 1960s and '70s the numbers of weapons were going up and up and up. That was an arms race during the era of arms control. President Putin and President Bush have announced they are going to have the weapons go down and down and down from thousands to 1700 to 2200. Any suggestion by anybody, attributed or unattributed, that some change in the ABM treaty is going to lead to an arms race is just flap—not so. In fact, the next five years will prove what I've just said to be the case." — Donald H. Rumsfeld. A newsbriefing in Werevan, Armenia. defenselink.mil, 12-15-01.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "I concluded from the beginning that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 15......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:38 am 

Quotes for December 15......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Reproductive Rights "[Roe v. Wade] was a necessary step toward the full emancipation of women." — Harry A. Blackmun

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Treason, Traitors, Freedom-Fried Frenchmen "Pete Davis: Thank God Al Gore wasn't in office. Can you imagine what it would've been like if he'd been in there?
Wayne Kitchens: We'd be reading the Koran right now. (Laughter)"Davis and Kitchens, filling in for Talk Radio Host Kim Peterson, discussing the terrorist attacks on the second anniversary of 9-11. Newsradio WGST 640, Atlanta, 9-11-03.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "The cup of Ireland's misery has been overflowing for centuries, and is not yet half full." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 16......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:49 pm 

Quotes for December 16......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Republicans "If you want to live like a Republican, you've got to vote for the Democrats." — Dick Gephardt

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Anti-War Republicans, Clinton Era "President Clinton is leading our nation down the path of "mission creep" that will suck our military into a quagmire that resembles Vietnam—a situation that America has vowed never to repeat." — Rep. Terry Everett (R-AL). Congressional Record, H2412, 4-28-99.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Ireland and England are like two sisters; I would have them embrace like one brother." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 17......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:50 pm 

Quotes for December 17......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Responsibility "I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good." — Orpah Winfrey

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On War Is Hell "Throughout the Iraq conflict my analysis was mostly correct, but I did make a few mistakes. I bought the weapons of mass destruction argument too quickly and failed to predict how politicized the war would be. I should have known the Bush administration would have to fight with one hand tied behind its back in consideration of public opinion. For that reason, the U.S. military did not utilize most of its vast power." — Bill O'Reilly, Who's Looking Out For You?, NY: Broadway Books, 2003, p 153.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Every pint bottle should contain a quart." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5 {Obviously a man who couldn't watch his p's and q's.}

Post subject: Quotes for December 18......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 pm 

Quotes for December 18......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Science & Creationism "Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof." — Ashley Montague

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On WMD—Weapons of Mass Destruction "The Iraqi regime has in fact been very busy enhancing its capabilities in the field of chemical and biological agents. And they continue to pursue the nuclear program they began so many years ago. These are not weapons for the purpose of defending Iraq; these are offensive weapons for the purpose of inflicting death on a massive scale, developed so that Saddam can hold the threat over the head of anyone he chooses, in his own region or beyond . . . Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us. And there is no doubt that his aggressive regional ambitions will lead him into future confrontations with his neighbors—confrontations that will involve both the weapons he has today, and the ones he will continue to develop with his oil wealth." — Vice-President Dick Cheney speaking to the VFW National Convention, 8-26-02. whitehouse.gov.{You know, Dick, the only thing there is no doubt about is that you are a LIAR.}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "It would surely be better to give up, not only a part, if necessary, the whole of our constitution, to preserve the remainder." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 19......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:53 pm 

Quotes for December 19......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Secularism "Our government is not founded upon the rights of gods, but upon the rights of men. Our Constitution was framed, not to declare and uphold the deity of Christ, but the sacredness of humanity. Ours is the first government made by the people for the people." — Robert Ingersoll

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "I answer in the affirmative with an emphatic 'No.'" — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 21......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:20 pm 

Quotes for December 21......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Self "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Many of them were destitute of even the goods they possessed." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5