It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Device Stops Cars Instantly in their Tracks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:49 am 

New Device Stops Cars Instantly in their Tracks

Quote:
Eureka Aerospace , a company from Pasadena, Calif., had developed a device that shoots a microwave beam at a speeding car, frying its electrical system and stopping the car dead in its tracks.

To disable cars, the device generates energy that is amplified by a generator, and then converted to microwave radiation. The radiation is then focused with a special antenna into a narrow beam, and aimed at a car's headlights, tail lights, lug nuts, frame bolts, or windshield antenna.
. . . .
A pulse lasting just 50 nanoseconds is enough to overload wires or damage the car's central microprocessor. At a high power of 300 megahertz (compared to 2.45 gigahertz in a microwave), the radiation energy is above common radio frequencies, and isn't harmful to humans.
. . .
The current prototype of the device is about 5 feet long, 3 feet wide, and weighs nearly 200 pounds. Since it's too hefty to fit in a car, the researchers tested the device from rooftops. However, in the future, the company hopes to shrink the device to 50 pounds and about TV-size, with the ability to fry a car from up to 600 feet away.

Let's not go using this thing until the no harm to humans thing is thoroughly tested. That's what was said about the Taser, with over 50 deaths this year alone.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:38 am 

I thoroughly second your thoughts APL!!!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:20 pm 

Thats not new??? I saw a very similar thing on the history channel or something. The US Government has one that does the same thing. It stops cars shuts off phones and watches it's pretty cool but a little too bulky as of now.

Post subject: Re: New Device Stops Cars Instantly in their Tracks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:

Quote:
Eureka Aerospace , a company from Pasadena, Calif., had developed a device that shoots a microwave beam at a speeding car, frying its electrical system and stopping the car dead in its tracks.

This is how Paul Wellstone was murdered.

Paul Wellstone: the use of futuristic weaponry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:48 pm 

jen157 wrote:
Thats not new??? I saw a very similar thing on the history channel or something. The US Government has one that does the same thing. It stops cars shuts off phones and watches it's pretty cool but a little too bulky as of now.

There is nothing cool about the government having another means of murdering and silencing its citizens, especially one that can be used at a distance. I hear the NSA is recruiting, ever think of applying?

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm 

Thank you shoeless, for bringing up the murder of Paul Wellstone. Carnahan died the same way, and JFK Jr. too. These are far too important matters to not keep in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Thank you shoeless, for bringing up the murder of Paul Wellstone. Carnahan died the same way, and JFK Jr. too. These are far too important matters to not keep in mind.

Yes, I also thought about Mel Carnahan, who was running against John Ashcroft at the time. His plane also fell out of the sky for no apparent reason. Like the Wellstone murder, Carnahan's "accident" was blamed on "pilot error". However, in the Wellstone case, there were eyewitnesses who saw his plane inexplicably falling from the sky, and of course, the account of extreme cell phone interference, which would be expected during operation of such a weapon. I believe the Carnahan crash occurred at night.

Senator Paul Wellstone was the most progressive member of the Senate, and, as such, he had incredibly powerful enemies.

This article was written before his murder.

Paul Wellstone, Fighter

Paul Wellstone is a hunted man. Minnesota's senior senator is not just another Democrat on White House political czar Karl Rove's target list, in an election year when the Senate balance of power could be decided by the voters of a single state. Rather, getting rid of Wellstone is a passion for Rove, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and the special-interest lobbies that fund the most sophisticated political operation ever assembled by a presidential administration. "There are people in the White House who wake up in the morning thinking about how they will defeat Paul Wellstone," a senior Republican aide confides. "This one is political and personal for them."

Wellstone has few rivals on the left side of the Senate aisle. Congressional Quarterly says no senator had a more consistent record of voting against Bush Administration proposals during the new President's first year.

Now, Rove is gambling presidential prestige and Republican dollars on the prospect that the upper Midwest is the key to taking back a Senate that went Democratic last spring...But beating Wellstone would be the sweetest win. "They have made it very clear that if they could beat one Democrat this year, it would be Paul Wellstone," says Minnesota political consultant Richman. "Paul gets under their skin."

Paul Wellstone, members of his family, and his friends were murdered by the Bush administration under orders from Karl Rove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:27 am 

Quote:
"I am a proud progressive senator from Minnesota. I am a proud liberal senator. I am a labor senator. I am an environmentalist senator. I am an education senator. I am a civil rights senator. And that's how we win this election. That's the politics that wins this year."

Paul Wellstone will always be a giant!