It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 am 

That's one thought, shoeless.

But just a wage increase won't bring them out of their slave-like conditions. If we really wanted to bring those wages up to par with the rest of employment, we will have to add health benefits, unemployment benefits, sick time, time paid off, and many other perks found elsewhere.

But if we were to do as you say and raise only their wages, we would necessarily double or triple the cost of produce going to our stores. The stores would, in turn, make sure that they passed the costs onto the consumer. Americans are very good at knee-jerk reactions and they'll very likely kick out of office anyone who caused such a sharp increase in the price of their vegetables.

Here's one case to consider about this:

A few years ago, Gray Davis, then governor of California, raised the cost of renewing one's vehicle regstration. He actually raised it a whole lot. The people of California rose up almost in unison against him and for only the second time in US history, had a recall election of an incumbant. He was summarily kicked out of office and a foreign former body builder and actor was placed in his place. Apparently, those are the current requirements to become governor of the state.

No one bothered to look at the events that brought this whole thing about. They were mad as Hell and wanted Davis to pay for it. Consider the actual facts of the case:

1. Enron, that darling energy company that the Bushes loved so much, had recently been caught price fixing electricity costs for Californians. They manipulated power plants in order to charge exhorbitant prices to California. Our budget was decimated and we went through many periods of brownouts trying to conserve as much as possible.

2. The people of the state of California had already put in the budget provisions that should California not be able to pay all its bills with the normal revenue, the governor had the power to increase certain sources of revenue, namely the registration costs.

3. Californians became so angry that they decided to recall the governor.

4. The news media and the federal government kept a tight lip on the real causes for this huge expenditure. They never mentioned that the real culprits are Enron and they caused this whole thing on purpose.

5. About a year before the recall, members from the federal government, Enfon and Ahnuld met to discuss his ascension to governor.

6. There was no mention of the root cause of the problem during the entire recall process. Enron was only convicted of its crime way after that fact.

6a. Here are two interesting developments about Enron: (1) the CEO of the company mysteriously died just after being found guilty. Since the judicial case was against the CEO of the company, and not Enron itself, this meant that the widow didn't need to fulfill her late husband's fine; (2) Most of the Enron case (and just about every other SEC case that was pending at the time) was destroyed in 2001. All the pertinent documents were destroyed forever. It was not just any day in 2001. It was September 11, 2001. All these SEC documents were located in WTC7. By the end of the afternoon, the SEC lost all or nearly all of its investigative work on dozens of cases in progress at the time.

Things that make ya go hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Back to immigration, any politician who causes such a huge increase in the price of produce across the US will be summarily tarred and feathered. No one will be there to remind the public that these workers were slaves before.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 am 

Moderator note:

I split this from the immigration topic because it is entirely irrelevant to that discussion.

Thanks,
Lefty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:06 am 

Wow, I am surprised by this information. Of all of the 9/11 theories I have read, this one is surely the most undocumented. Would you please provide some sort of links to back up the things you have stated here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm 

My pleasure, Lefty,

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2003/Ar ... 5aug03.htm

Quote:
The wannabe governor has yet to deny that on May 17, 2001, at the Peninsula Hotel in Los Angeles, he had consensual political intercourse with Enron chieftain Kenneth Lay. Also frolicking with Arnold and Ken was convicted stock swindler Mike Milken.

http://www.alternet.org/story/16902

http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/printer_081903G.shtml

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2006/0 ... tml#209428

Quote:
Large numbers of case files for ongoing investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) were reportedly destroyed in the collapse. The Los Angeles Times reported that "substantial files were destroyed" for 3000 to 4000 of the SEC's cases. The EEOC reported that documents for 45 active cases were destroyed. 3 Before the attack, SEC investigations of corporate fraud by companies such as Enron and Worldcom were the subject of many news reports -- reports that virutally vanished in the wake of the attack.

Is this enough, or do you need more info?

Always glad to point to the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:02 am 

Actually, thanks. I will read those links and see what I think of it all and post more later. It wouldn't surprise me honestly to find out that 9/11 happened because someone was just in a bad mood. Things stink here and the stink just gets worse and worse these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Enron ex-CEO, Kenneth lay, didn't just die after being found guilty. His body was immediately cremated before anything could be substantiated. Seemed suspicious to me.

We got a pile of ashes and a note that essentially said "Yep, thats Kenny."

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:39 pm 

Purple Tang,

That's pretty much it.

I hope he enjoys his ill-gotten earnings, then chokes for hours on a toothpick stuck half way down his esophagus which eventually punctures several holes before piercing through near his heart causing a slow bleed which goes undetected until its too late, all the while causing a burning and malaise which forces him to dance naked on the tops of tables at the most exclusive restaurant in New York City in front of the Queen of England and her entourage.

But I'm not bitter.

It's true that government has always been made up of idiots who can parrot very well and fulfill the currently accepted leader criteria help by the sleeping masses so that the real owners of our derrieres can frollick freely in the background away from all wandering eyes.

My mom's third husband apparently decided to take the Ken Lay Disappearing Kit and Optional Money Laundering Gear and just vanished. The last thing I remember him saying is, "In seven years, I'll be declared dead and can then resurface and move about without a problem." But my mom died six years later. Oh well, I guess he'll just have to stay dead.