It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huckabee: Amend the Constitution to God's Standards
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 am 

Mike Huckabee: Amend the Constitution to God's Standards

While it's not surprising that this Theocrat holds these views; I was surprised he did this speech to conform to a highly receptive crowd in Michigan. Whatever happened to "render onto to Caesar what is Caesar's, and render unto God what is God's." Even Christ knew religion and politics shouldn't mix.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The scary thing is, the Republican Christo-fascists in that room all cheered wildy when Huckabible made his attacks on the Constitution of the United States! :shock:

And, don't expect any criticism from the other GOP candidates, unless Ron Paul decides to speak in defense of the Constitution. Even if they do not want to replace the Constitution with the bible, they won't dare to upset the American Taliban, which are the foot soldiers of the Republican party.

These people are thoroughly unAmerican.

Last edited by shoeless on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm 

shoeless wrote:

The term Secular Republican is as much an oxy-moron as Gay Republican and Liberal Republican. The fundies have ensured that all three are extinct breeds. The problem is these groups instead of doing the rational thing and finding an alternative to support by and large just stop being active in politics including not voting. The Republicans have made their elitist movement exclusive and their "if you're not one of us, you're against us" mindset a perceived norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
The term Secular Republican is as much an oxy-moron as Gay Republican and Liberal Republican. The fundies have ensured that all three are extinct breeds. The problem is these groups instead of doing the rational thing and finding an alternative to support by and large just stop being active in politics including not voting. The Republicans have made their elitist movement exclusive and their "if you're not one of us, you're against us" mindset a perceived norm.

Yes, I see what you mean. My father, who is an atheist ,was a Republican until the coalition of biblethumpers, neocons, and corporatists took over the party. Traditional secular conservatives are long gone, or remain very quiet these days. My father is a rare one who actually became a Democrat.

Generally, I don't think neocons and corporatists give a rat's ass about the bible, but they profess piety and make a show of going to church occasionally, gladhanding freaks like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, and putting in the requisite visit to Bob Jones University, in order to keep their storm troopers active in the party. The mentally challenged fundies happily buy the entire charade, election after election, while their neocon masters privately laugh at the pathetic fools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

James Madison rises from the dead to defend the Constitution.
COLUMBIA, SC (AP)

In a surprising turn of events, the skeleton of founding father, and principle author of the Constitution of the United States, James Madison, clawed his way through six feet of earth and relentlessly hunted down Republican candidate Mike Huckabee.

The skeleton of James Madison caught up with Huckabee at a campaign rally in South Carolina, where Huckabee was trashing the Constitution to the delight of dumbass redneck Republicans.

Once on stage, the skeleton of former President James Madison proceeded to the podium where he violently attacked Huckabee, ripping out his tongue and tossing it to the horrified crowd of biblethumping fundies.

The skeleton of James Madison then returned to its grave, and is now reported to be sleeping peacefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:13 am 

:thumbright: :laughing3: :thumbleft:
Truly priceless, my sides hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Has he said where he'd try to put "god" in the constitution? Or "and god" as it were?

Anywhere, it seems, would make the constitution a clumsier read.

It seems there have been many attempts to amend the constitution for some weird political purpose. Luckily, there hasn't been enough support to move the yuckier ones.

It seems one of the more common movements desires to amend the 14th Amendment so that kids of illegal immigrants can't become citizens. Hucksterbee is supposedly down with that.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!