It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: As Incredible for Who Wrote it as For What It Says
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:46 pm 

This book is an overlooked gem. It is overlooked because it is written an in academise "discoursy" style that characterized acemese around the 1990s'

But the reason it is so essential to read this is because it was written by a journalism professor. Barbie Zelizer was at Temple at the time and has since gone on to the premier communications research school the Annenbergh sp? School of Communications at U Penn. This is the kind of place with connected soda machines! :shock: Here is a review I wrote on Amazon/ PLEASE READ THIS I NEED TO TALK WITH OTHERS ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH HERE IT IS ALMOST FRIGHTENING!
-------------
http://www.amazon.com/Covering-Body-Ken ... 0226979717

Basically this is an instiutional approach to explaining why the media got it wrong. Does the author put it like this? Not exactly. The woman needs a job!

She argues that the Kennedy Assasination took place at a key time for TV news; in 1963 the networks had just switched form a 15 minute to a half-hour broadcast. The assassination, she argues, made TV news. The later you get the more reporters and editors interjected what they were doing at the time; thier identities and the legitimacy of TV journalism itself had become married to a single bullet, even though it was much more of a shotgun wedding.

Some of the narrative desriptions of individual reporters are priceless. Zelizer does a masterful job of capturing the chaos of the telphone truck, where there was only one phone. Sometimes these narratives of direct reporter experience seem to yearn for conclusions beyone those modest ones that the professor presents.

Don't be put off by the cumbersome style of this book. It is worth reading twice. It goes far toward explaining why the Corporate Media have worked so dilligently to cast Warren Commission Sceptics in such a condescending light. Just so, those aristocratic flat-earthers!

This book is simply too dangerous to be written clearly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TV News killed the President !!!!!!! Fascinating. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I was looking at books that claimed Castro or the Mafia did it. I recently talked to a bloke who spoke of a Chinese connection that made sense to him.

The recently released "The True Story of the Bilderberg Group" states that the assassination was the agenda of that group.

Lots of powerful people wanted JFK gone. Who had the power to take the Secret Service detail off of the presidential limo right before it entered Dealy Plaza?

In "By Way of Deception" Victor Ostrovsky, ex-Mossad agent, elaborates on why the Mossad knew the official story was bunk.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:29 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
Lots of powerful people wanted JFK gone. Who had the power to take the Secret Service detail off of the presidential limo right before it entered Dealy Plaza?

Who benefited the most and had the most power? Only one person fits that bill—LBJ; but never officially considered and rarely unofficially. So little common sense and logic in such an emotionally charged issue.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:48 pm 

Can't recommend Larry Hancock's Someone would have talked 2nd edition highly enough. His web site that goes with it is enough to shoot down anything. You can go to the site by googleing the title

Check out the list of what he calles Exhibits. This is in addition to the two hundred pages of footnotes!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Someone-Would-Hav ... 0977465713

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I remember something about how the Johnson family (Ladybird and the two daughters) really got their noses out of joint when the History Channel suggested that LBJ had a hand in the assassination. The Johnsons were actually able to get the HC to apologize.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm 

Yes, the last three episodes of BBCs The Men Who Killed Kennedy were never shown again. But now they are on Youtube. I think all the episodes are great and worth watching, with the possible exception of the show called The Lover.

I am not saying I aagree with all of it.

I dont agree with the last show on LBJ but I think there are some good ingredients in it.

The Smoking Gun is outstanding.

As Are the first six episodes . Must See Youtube!

Go to TMWKK Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nathanial, you can order the complete set of The Men Who Killed Kennedy from TVNL HERE

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman