It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:08 pm 

Ron Paul concedes the race

Wahhhhhh, booo hoooo. Now what are all you racists going to do?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/09/paul-concedes-race-sort-of/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:58 pm 

Ron Paul, Still a Misogynist Douchebag

We haven't talked about Ron Paul that much lately, mainly because we don't like to bring down the wrath of the eight Paulbots and their 1337 haxor skillz. But just in case Paul decides to run as a Libertarian, it's a good idea to remember that he's anti-choice as the day is long:
. . . . .

Quote:
He said he's proposed a "sanctity of human life" bill that would establish the principle that human life begins at conception.

"That's not a political statement, that's a scientific statement," he said.

Paul also touted a bill of his that would prevent the federal judiciary from having any authority over the abortion issue.

"Such legislation would allow states to have greater latitude in setting policy as it pertains to abortion without judicial legislation," he explained.

. . . . .
And if states decided to, say, outlaw all birth control and abortion rights, well, there wouldn't be a federal court to help women maintain basic control of their own reproductive rights. So if you're still thinking Ron Paul is a brave truthteller and defender of liberty -- hi, sucker!

This piece was referenced on the same page as lefty's link.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:15 am 

I hadn't heard he left the race. I wonder too if he will run as a Libertarian now.

What an election year this has been! And we have many months to go yet...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:33 am 

dori wrote:
I hadn't heard he left the race. I wonder too if he will run as a Libertarian now.

His claim when making the "withdrawal" statement was that he had no intention of running either as an independent or Libertarian. He claimed he needed to go back and ensure he kept his seat in Congress where he can push his radical agenda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 am 

He collected a lot of money to run. Can he now use that to run for his seat in the House?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
He collected a lot of money to run. Can he now use that to run for his seat in the House?

Yes. Now, all those progressives who donated millions to him get to watch their money go to finance the Congressional campaign of an obscure right-wing Republican candidate from Texas.

At this point in his career, I don't think Ron Appall will run for president again as a Libertarian. Doing that would remind people that he is a stealth Libertarian, masquerading as a Republican, and they might start asking questions about the Libertarian platform. He would then lose his Congressional seat.

I mean, even Republicans don't want to disband the public Fire Departments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

OOPS! I was wrong. Looks like Ron Paul is in the same boat as Dennis Kucinich.

Quote:
Challenger gives Ron Paul a run for his money in congressional contest

Paul has drawn a well-funded, well-connected challenger in the Republican primary.

He’s also been telling his donors that he needs cash for the congressional run.

“He has not represented this district for some time, in my opinion, as well as it deserves to be represented, and I think this district has realized that with his campaign for president and they’re looking for a change in leadership,” Chris Peden, the Friendswood City Councilman who’s giving Paul a run for his money said.

As of Dec. 31, Peden had raised twice as much money as Paul for the congressional race.

Federal rules say you’re not allowed to use presidential campaign money to run for Congress.

So even though Paul raised millions for the presidential run, they’re no good for the contest in District 14.

It will be interesting to see if all those progressives around the country, who contributed millions to Paul's presidential campaign, step up to the plate and save his extremist Libertarian butt in his backwater Congressional race against a typical, corrupt, machine Republican.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 pm 

What happens to the money he raised for his pres bid? Where does it go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:38 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lefty wrote:
What happens to the money he raised for his pres bid? Where does it go?

I don't know. I thought campaign war chest funds were pretty fluid, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I had assumed Kucinich was in trouble simply because he didn't have any money to begin with. But, now we find that Ron Paul has millions that he can't use in his Congressional campaign.

Perhaps Paul could get public financing of his campaign. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 am 

Quote:
Perhaps Paul could get public financing of his campaign. :lol:

Good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RON PAUL WAS INDEED A DOUCHEBAG, AND BOB BARR IS HIS EVIL TWIN.

Bob Barr for President? Really? Bob Barr?

First elected in 1994, highlights of Rep. Barr's political career include:

Supporting a constitutional amendment to undermine separation of church and state. "Congress has the opportunity to send enemies of religious freedom a clear message that their attempts to erase religious belief from America's culture by cleverly manipulating the judicial system will not be tolerated," Barr said.

Becoming the first member of Congress to introduce an "inquiry of impeachment," long before the public had heard of Monica Lewinsky.

Giving a keynote speech at a gathering of the racist and anti-immigrant Council of Conservative Citizens, a direct descendant of the White Citizens Councils set up across the South in the 1950s to defend segregation.

Calling hate crimes legislation to protect the rights of gays and lesbians, women and disabled Americans "a backdoor way to obtain protected status for sexual orientation and sexual deviancy."

Sponsoring the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act. Despite the fact that he was married three times, sued by his second wife, and, according to published reports, was once seen at a fundraising event licking whipped cream off of the chests of two women, Barr explained his sponsorship of DOMA this way: "The flames of hedonism, the flames of self-centered morality are licking at the very foundations of our society: the family unit."

Earning consistent 100 percent ratings from the Christian Coalition.

Sponsoring an amendment ­ passed by Congress ­ that barred the Washington D.C. Board of Elections from tallying the votes on a referendum to legalize the use of marijuana for patients suffering from cancer, AIDS or glaucoma. Officials estimate it would have cost only $1.64 to count the votes.

Campaigning on a pledge to eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts.

Voting to cut funding for Head Start, Medicare, Aid to Families with Dependent Children and student loans.

(CROSS-POSTED IN AOM'S THREAD: "REPUBLICAN PEDOPHILIA, SCANDALS, AND UTTER MADNESS!")

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Ron Paul is being replaced by none other than BOB BARR. YES! BOB BARR!
BOB BARR FOR PRESIDENT? REALLY? BOB BARR
?

Obama's campaign should view this with relief and glee. The overt racist and not so overt racist will now have an obvious candidate to vote for instead of just voting against Obama by voting for War McChimp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes, Bob Barr and Ron Paul are both very much Libertarians. They are identical on nearly every issue. I heard Barr on the Bill Press Show this morning. He said he has quit the Republican party, and has been working for the Libertarian National Committee.

Ron Paul had lots of progressive liberals fooled into supporting him, because they did not know, and/or would not believe the truth about his hidden extremist conservative ideology.

Bob Barr was widely known as one of the most, if not the most conservative member of Congress, when he was in office. Do you think progressive liberals are going to be lining up to vote for Bob Barr, after making fools of themselves over his ideological soulmate, Ron Paul?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6