It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Governing Board of TVNL, Opinions and Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:05 pm 

Hi. I thought it may be a good idea for the membership of the board to voice their opinion of the board governance, ask questions and give constructive criticism of what goes on here in the manor of all things judicious.

Please feel free to bring up new ideas, elaborate on old ideas and constructively criticize anything you feel needs to be discussed.

While it may not be apparent, we on the governing board discuss the function and goings on of the board continuously "behind closed doors". And because we do limit our discussions to private areas, we felt this would be a good time to see how the rest of the members of this board feel about the direction of the board, the way things are moderated, etc.

This is an open invitation for honest and constructive criticism. I'm sure you have noticed I've used the word constructive repeatedly. This is because I not want this to be a bash Lefty (or whomever) thread. If you think I'm a raging idiot and drivel on endlessly about inane things, swell, but this thread is not the place to talk about this sort of thing. Please try to be general with complaints and do not just keep singling out Lefty, rather, try to give criticism that can be acted on. If you do have a specific issue with any member of the moderating team, PLEASE FEEL FREE to pm me at or any member of the board at anytime about these specific, personal, grievances. We have a great and honest desire to make this place (TVNL) welcoming and comfy, while providing an excellent place to discuss and debate any number of things.

I invite everyone to please join in this discussion to make TVNL a better environment.

PS. We have no control over the functionality of the board, we cannot update the software or anything like that. So, if you have issues with that, we will note them for the forum owner, but we, personally, will not be able to execute them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:04 am 

Great post, lefty!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:48 am 

Thanks Dori.

I fear that our members may be afraid to voice their opinions. So I would like to promise (unless someone starts personal attacks) no idea will cause anything bad to happen to you. No one will be ganged up on or banned or whatever you may worry about if you are just sharing your opinion and ideas. Please guys and gals, the point of this was for us to all talk about the board in an open way, without having to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd like to make one thing very clear to one and all, and that is that we are a peaceful discussion community. We have posting guidelines that we worked very hard to create, but they're not perfect nor are they written in stone. Amendments can always be made when and if such change will make TVNL a better place for all of its members. That's one of the reasons lefty started this thread. We'd like to hear from you. Feedback is good. Discussion is good. Negotiations actually work, regardless of the beliefs and practices of the current POTUS.

That being said, all members should be aware that GUIDELINE #2 is not open to change or negotiation. Read it, and make sure you understand it. If you don't understand it, say so and we'll see what can be done to make it easier to understand.

If a member chooses to ignore that particular guideline, he or she will be admonished in open forum and given ONE warning. The offensive post will be deleted. As the guideline states, "Free Speech isn't what it used to be."

Everything else is like lefty said, open for discussion. :)

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman