It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beck: If you're an ugly woman, you're probably a progress
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 am 

Want another reason to despise Glenn Beck?

Quote:
...Hello! I'm not a sex expert but I'm -- you know, I'm thinking, you know, you're ugly and, you know, that's a tough one to overcome especially if you're a woman. If you're a guy, that's not hard to overcome. I'm sorry. That's just the way the world is. Have you -- how many ugly guys have hot wives? Take me, for example. I don't know why she married -- I think it was low self-esteem. I do. No, really I think it was low self-esteem. I got in -- you know, you buy when the market is low. You know what I mean? While everybody else is selling, you buy. And I think I got in there right at the right time. Low self-esteem, low, wait a minute, could go a little lower, she might come down to my price. Hang on, OK, sold! Now her self-esteem is going up. And if my income wasn't going up, she would have ditched me long ago. She would have gone, "Wait a minute, I think I was depressed when I married you." I'm just -- look. I'm not Tania, but I am a thinker. I'm on to you, Tania!

OK, so anyway, I was talking about ugly people. Ugly people, if you're a guy, you can get past it. I don't think you can as an ugly woman. I don't -- no, I don't. If you're an ugly woman, I apologize. Oh, you've got a double cross, because if you're an ugly woman, you're probably a progressive as well. Oh, jeez. I'm sorry. Today's just not your day. But you know what? If you believed in God, you'd know that there's going to be another chance for you. You don't have to be ugly in heaven. You're going to be your perfect self, and there will be another perfect somebody waiting for you on the other side. Until that time --

http://mediamatters.org/items/200802150011?f=h_latest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is Old ugly Glenn vying for Rush Limbaugh's throne or maybe he wants to get into Ann Coulter's boxer shorts.

I hope his wife divorces him eventually and takes him to the proverbial cleaners!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm 

Catherine wrote:
I hope his wife divorces him eventually and takes him to the proverbial cleaners!

One the facets of the cult known as the Mormon religion is that they get married for "time and eternity" not just until death do part. Beck's wife made an eternal vow when she married the hot air bag. "Temple divorce" is possible but usually are only granted if the husband requests it and can show the wife is no longer a good Mormon.

I get really pissed off at the assumption that being "a progressive" means you have no belief in God. For this assumption, he and Coulter are running neck and neck in the ignorance race. I always counter with if Jesus were alive today; he would be a bleeding heart Liberal.

Liberals today use the label "progressive" since Reagan was so successful at vilifying the term "Liberal." Beck and the rest of NeoCon talking heads have taken to using the word "progressive" instead of Liberal in the hopes that the vilification seeps over.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:14 am 

I always use the term 'liberal'. I tell people to look it up in the dictionary.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid