It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did NYT Editors Hold McCain-Lobbyist Story?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Evidence suggests New York Times editors deliberately held McCain lobbyist story

This story is worth cross-posting. See also http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=47353#47353

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:15 am 

i'm thinkin they held the story until certain facts/circumstances could be confirmed.

the right wight neocon attack machine is trying desperately to discredit the ny times.

problem is the washington post ran the same story yeyt no one is attacking them.

it's largely up to people like us to continue the heat on the republicans to point out how hypocritical it is when they attempt to defend the very same accusations that were leveled by the right wing media against bill clinton.

fact is mccain cheated on hs 1st wife and then married the whore who ended up financing his initial senate campaign.

he is also one of the keating 5 who were brought up on ethics charges that involved lobbying scandals years ago.

he cheated on his 1st wife.

it now looks as though he cheated on his 2nd wife.

and it looks like he still likes to bend to the influence of lobbyists in exchange for a little sex on the side.

yeah...........sounds like a real moral upstanding asshole to me.

obama hasn't cheated on his wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rooster wrote:
obama hasn't cheated on his wife.

I sure hope not. I guarantee the entire Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and the entire Mainstream News Media is working feverishly to uncover any such information. If they can find even a hint of a sex scandal against Barak Obama, John McCain will be the next president.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The lady looks to be wearing a chastity belt.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 am 

caught just a little bit of an extremely interesting tidbit from isemans bio last night on olbermann.

just so happens that misstress iseman is from homer city pa. i just happen to work at the power plant located in homer city pa.

the guys i work with are going to find this info to be interesting indeed.

as far as the grand ole pedophiles digging up any dirt on obama, trust me, they are busting thier balls trying. so far everything they've attempted so far has failed miserably to stick. one thing that obama has shrewdly done so far is to fully admit/publish any past youthful indescretions.

the dirt on mccain however is sweet sweet news for the dems.

hope they keep up the well deserved payback smear against mccain.

what goes around comes around.

when you have these assholes down, keep kickin 'em in the teeth.

they'd do nothing less if it was a democrat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, rooster...I must have forgotten about McCain's cheating on his first wife.

[url=http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2006/0607.benen.html]High Infidelity
What if three admitted adulterers run for president and no one cares?
[/url]

Quote:
McCain was still married and living with his wife in 1979 while, according to The New York Times' Nicholas Kristof, "aggressively courting a 25-year-old woman who was as beautiful as she was rich." McCain divorced his wife, who had raised their three children while he was imprisoned in Vietnam, then launched his political career with his new wife's family money. In 2000, McCain managed to deflect media questioning about his first marriage with a deft admission of responsibility for its failure.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:36 am 

spot on cath.

it's people like us that need to refresh our freinds and aquaintances as to the past history of the hypocritical repug machine in the same fashion that they attacked bill clinton to no end.

like i said, goes around comes around.

it's our turn to pound right back.

hit 'em harder than they hit you is my own personal policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
In 2000, McCain managed to deflect media questioning about his first marriage with a deft admission of responsibility for its failure.

A few other things we should remember about McCain:

Quote:
McCain's political record is not entirely pristine. He was a member of the so-called Keating Five -- five senators linked to Charles Keating in the savings and loan scandals in 1991. But a special investigator found that McCain had not been substantially involved in influence peddling but criticized him and three others for "questionable conduct."

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0408-23.htm

IF MCCAIN IS ELECTED, WE JUST GET ANOTHER BUSH:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19714417/

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 am 

i remembered the keating 5 scandal which has already been brought up as a reminder on olbermann and on cnn.

we'll make sure the story doesn't die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/linkframe.php?linkid=56147]Intimidating the Press
[/url]

It's a case study in how the Bush administration intimidated the press after 9/11.

Quote:
The publication of a new book by Eric Lichtblau, one of the two New York Times reporters who in late 2005 broke the story of the Bush administration's warrantless surveillance program, is calling attention to how the White House successfully persuaded the Times to suppress its expose in the fall of 2004 -- when it might have had a profound effect on President Bush's reelection hopes.

In an interview with Terry Gross that aired yesterday on NPR, Lichtblau spoke about the paper's decision.

"Why didn't it run then?" Gross asked.

Lichtblau: "Well, this was obviously a decision made by the top editors at the paper, and I think it was a very tough one. I think you got to remember, these were somewhat different times for the media in 2004. We were only, at that point, a couple of years after 9/11. I'm not sure, in hindsight, there were many newspapers that would've gone ahead and published that story, given the intense, intense pressure and the claims that were made by the White House. Our reporting had shown a lot of things about the cracks in the program, about the concerns about the legal foundations. The White House was armed and ready to refute every single one of those with what, in hindsight, turned out to be, I believe, misstatements about how every lawyer at the Justice Department, for instance, had found this program to be legal. We certainly know that now in hindsight not to be true.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman