It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Hampshire identifies firm behind anti-Mormon push poll

CONCORD, N.H. -- New Hampshire's attorney general said voters may not know before next week's primary who was responsible for a series of anti-Mormon phone calls that targeted presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and his faith.

In a report issued Thursday, Attorney General Kelly Ayotte pointed to two firms: Western Wats, of Orem, Utah, which made the calls; and Moore-Information Inc., of Portland, Ore., which hired Western Wats.

Have they checked to see if Huckabee and Co had anything to do with it? All we need now is a Christian war between these two and maybe the media will really note that they both care more about their religion than they do about the country and the Constitution.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: How many times can Rudy say 9/11
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 am 

Giuliani invokes 9/11 when asked about Hillary's tears.

Radio Left Review wrote:
Giuliani invokes 9/11 when asked about Hillary's tears.

Think Progress
On MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Rudy Giuliani discussed Hillary Clinton’s “emotional moment.” “This is not something I would judge anyone on,” Giuliani said. He then quickly slipped in a reference to 9/11, pointing out that it was impossible for him not to feel emotion then:

"The reality is, if you look at me, September 11 — the funerals, the memorial services — there were times in which it was impossible not to feel the emotion."

Rudy continues to think if he says "September 11" enough times, he will be elected. What a turd! :roll: :roll: :roll:

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20080124_gop_presidential_hopefuls_debate_in_florida/#comments]GOP Presidential Hopefuls Debate in Florida
[/url]

What’s to be done about the sagging U.S. economy? What’s with John McCain’s dogged insistence that we’re “succeeding” in Iraq? Thursday night found the handful of Republican candidates still in the ’08 race for the White House facing off in Florida. Here’s what they had to say.

Videos at the link.

Comments at the end are worth reading, too.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

McCain Predicts “Other Wars” to Come

He’s not exactly very clear on this point, but what Sen. John McCain doesn’t achieve through specificity he drives home through sheer repetition: America can expect “other wars” in the future, as he warned a crowd of “friends” on a campaign stop in Florida.

Yep, all we need is another president who wants more wars! :roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It appears that the Republican race has been narrowed down to Romney or McCain. Whether or not this situation holds after Super Tuesday remains to be seen, but this report regarding the age of John McCain (he's 71 years old) certainly should make many Repubs sit up and take notice. Of course, most of them who do note the advanced age of McCain will refer to Reagan's age! :roll:

[url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/01/MNGMUQ8P4.DTL&type=politics]McCain had to get life insurance before bank agreed to credit line
[/url]

In November, John McCain's presidential campaign was broke.

To survive, he offered his fundraising lists as collateral for a $3 million line of credit from a bank. But obtaining the loan required an unusual extra step: He had to take out a special life insurance policy in case he did not survive the campaign.

At the time, the 71-year-old senator's campaign was more than $500,000 in the red, and the line of credit was a pivotal lifeline that allowed him to make a strong showing in New Hampshire and eventually vault into the Republican front-runner's position.

McCain's campaign is now back on solid financial ground, having raised at least $7 million this month. His victories in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida have loosened the spigot. In recent days, he has held packed fundraisers in Washington, Florida and California, and an event in New York 10 days ago raised $1 million.

Anthony Corrado, a campaign finance expert at Colby College, said he had never heard of a candidate having to secure a loan with a life insurance policy.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
McCain booed at CPAC

Speaking to a right-wing crowd at CPAC today, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was loudly booed when he mentioned his push for comprehensive immigration reform last year. (A position he has since given up.)

McCAIN: Surely, I have held other positions that have not met with widespread agreement from conservatives. I won’t pretend otherwise, nor would you permit me to forget it. On — on the issue of illegal immigration, a position which –

CROWD: Boo! Boo!

This morning, Politico reported that CPAC organizers had instructed conference attendees not to boo McCain. Last year, McCain was the only major Republican presidential candidate to skip CPAC.

That has to be one scary crowd, what with everyone frothing at the mouth and pissing their drawers simultaneously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would be interesting to see what it was that McCain offered Romney to make him cave. My bet? Romney will be offered the co-pilot's seat...

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:58 pm 

Catherine wrote:
It would be interesting to see what it was that McCain offered Romney to make him cave. My bet? Romney will be offered the co-pilot's seat...

Isn't that seat already taken by Jesus? :lol: :lol:
Seriously, I doubt that McCain was doing the offering, it was probably more like Romney proposing the deal. Mitt is a lot more qualified to become Secretary in charge of Christian/Jewish values in government or whatever euphemism McCain will use for the new cabinet post in our "Christian Nation."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's an even scarier possibility:

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080207_the_common_enemy/]The Common Enemy
[/url]

A nightmarish vision of a McCain-Huckabee ticket haunted me as the votes came in on Super Tuesday night.

It was too much to contemplate, this Stone Age combination of Sen. John McCain, who envisions us staying in Iraq for 100 years, and former Gov. Mike Huckabee, a believer in creationism.

The next morning, a closer examination of the exit polls cheered me up. Improving on a trend that was evident in his South Carolina primary victory, Barack Obama increased his share of the white vote, confounding skeptics who have maintained whites won’t vote for an African-American. As Gary Langer of ABC News noted, “Obama won white men in five of the 16 states where exit polls were conducted.” In California, white men favored Obama over Sen. Hillary Clinton 52 percent to 34 percent.

This was the best news of a night when Clinton and Obama battled to a tie that will extend their struggle to future state contests, perhaps all the way to the Democratic National Convention. Is it possible the country is moving beyond the racial divide, with younger voters no longer trapped by the prejudices of the past?

After Super Tuesday, Democrats worried that a long Clinton-Obama contest might irreparably damage the party’s prospects in November. Actually, the bigger threat is McCain winning the GOP nomination—as appears almost certain now with the exit of Mitt Romney—especially if the Arizona senator decides to appease the Republican right by choosing Huckabee as his running mate.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Daily Show’: Life Mitt-Out Romney

Jon Stewart bids farewell to Mitt Romney, erstwhile presidential candidate and “man-shaped polymer casing for a spiritual vacuum” (ouch!), and calls into question Romney’s anti-terrorist rationale for bowing out of the ’08 race.

:lol:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: For McCain, Self-Confidence on Ethics Poses Its Own Risk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:34 am 

For McCain, Self-Confidence on Ethics Poses Its Own Risk

Quote:

WASHINGTON — Early in Senator John McCain’s first run for the White House eight years ago, waves of anxiety swept through his small circle of advisers.

A female lobbyist had been turning up with him at fund-raisers, visiting his offices and accompanying him on a client’s corporate jet. Convinced the relationship had become romantic, some of his top advisers intervened to protect the candidate from himself — instructing staff members to block the woman’s access, privately warning her away and repeatedly confronting him, several people involved in the campaign said on the condition of anonymity.

When news organizations reported that Mr. McCain had written letters to government regulators on behalf of the lobbyist’s client, the former campaign associates said, some aides feared for a time that attention would fall on her involvement.

Mr. McCain, 71, and the lobbyist, Vicki Iseman, 40, both say they never had a romantic relationship. But to his advisers, even the appearance of a close bond with a lobbyist whose clients often had business before the Senate committee Mr. McCain led threatened the story of redemption and rectitude that defined his political identity.
. . . . . . .

Can McCain weather this storm better than Gary Hart? If he does, does it further doom his chances in November? Have the Repugs picked him to be the fall guy patsy for the war criminal's failures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That lobbyist is awfully "hard up" if she was willing to take old McCain into her bed...or wherever. Geez...what a disgusting thought, and I don't give a hoot how much money he has...er, or his wife has. However, he is a Republican.... :twisted:

Come to think of it, McCain's wife in this photo looks like a poor copy of that famous Nefertiti

Quote:
"More importantly, my children and I not only trust my husband, but know that he would never do anything to not only disappoint our family, but disappoint the people of America. He's a man of great character," Cindy McCain said.

The couple smiled throughout the questioning at a Toledo hotel.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23271556/

Hell, McCain has disappointed me many times, up to and including saying that we might be in Iraq for the next 100 years, and for giving Bush that disgusting hug back in 2004! :evil: :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am 

Comments from local voters:

"I'm more upset with the fact he may have given special treatment to the lobbyist's clients that anything else. He always claims to be above those conflicts of interest."

"He voted to convict Clinton, so if proven true, he doesn't deserve to be president now that he has issued his denial."

"Reason other Republicans attack him so strongly is because he was with a grown woman, doesn't he know the Republican rule is with men or children."

My observation: Lobbyist is just younger version of Cindi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Evidence suggests New York Times editors deliberately held McCain lobbyist story

Hints that Washington Post also had elements of story

The New York Times faces a gathering storm after a panoply of new reports suggest the paper sat on a story detailing an alleged romantic involvement between Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and 40-year-old Washington lobbyist Vicki Iseman.

Last night, two Times staffers told Politico the second lead reporter on the Times story, Marilyn Thompson, announced she was leaving her job at the Times Feb. 12 after concerns the piece had not yet run. Thompson said she was returning to the Washington Post.

"Rumors had circulated internally that Thompson had been working on the McCain piece and was dissatisfied it had not yet run, according to two Times staffers," the site's Jonathan Martin and Michael Calderone wrote.

Martin asked Times Washington Bureau chief Dean Baquet if sitting on the piece had anything to do with her departure.

"I'm not going to go into stories that may or may not run in the paper," Baquet said. "I had long conversations with Marilyn, and it's about her regarding the Post as home."

Thompson's byline is the only one of the four authors not linked on the Times piece.

I also noted the resemblance between the two women, APL.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This story would seem to be minor. I mean, it's just yet one more thoroughly corrupt Republican indicted for helping his friends steal millions from the federal government. Ho hum.

However, he is very closely tied to John McCain. The news just keeps getting worse for McCrazy.

GOP Congressman indicted for extortion, money laundering

Republican Rep. Rick Renzi has been indicted for extortion, wire fraud, money laundering and other charges related to a land deal in Arizona.

A 26-page federal indictment unsealed in Arizona accuses Renzi and two former business partners of conspiring to promote the sale of land that buyers could swap for property owned by the federal government. The sale netted one of Renzi's former partners $4.5 million.

Renzi also is a co-chairman of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's Arizona leadership team. And the Arizona Senator aided Renzi's re-election bid.

Speaking to reporters at a campaign stop in Indiana Thursday, McCain, an Arizona senator, demurred when asked about the indictment.

"I'm sorry. I feel for the family; as you know, he has 12 children," McCain told reporters, according to the Associated Press.

It's too bad McCain doesn't feel for the taxpayers, who were ripped off by his dear friend for millions of dollars.

Last edited by shoeless on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next