It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.newsweek.com/id/114505]A Hole in McCain’s Defense?
An apparent contradiction in his response to lobbyist story

[/url]

A sworn deposition that Sen. John McCain gave in a lawsuit more than five years ago appears to contradict one part of a sweeping denial that his campaign issued this week to rebut a New York Times story about his ties to a Washington lobbyist.

On Wednesday night the Times published a story suggesting that McCain might have done legislative favors for the clients of the lobbyist, Vicki Iseman, who worked for the firm of Alcalde & Fay. One example it cited were two letters McCain wrote in late 1999 demanding that the Federal Communications Commission act on a long-stalled bid by one of Iseman's clients, Florida-based Paxson Communications, to purchase a Pittsburgh television station.

Just hours after the Times's story was posted, the McCain campaign issued a point-by-point response that depicted the letters as routine correspondence handled by his staff—and insisted that McCain had never even spoken with anybody from Paxson or Alcalde & Fay about the matter. "No representative of Paxson or Alcalde & Fay personally asked Senator McCain to send a letter to the FCC," the campaign said in a statement e-mailed to reporters.

But that flat claim seems to be contradicted by an impeccable source: McCain himself. "I was contacted by Mr. Paxson on this issue," McCain said in the Sept. 25, 2002, deposition obtained by NEWSWEEK. "He wanted their approval very bad for purposes of his business. I believe that Mr. Paxson had a legitimate complaint."

While McCain said "I don't recall" if he ever directly spoke to the firm's lobbyist about the issue—an apparent reference to Iseman, though she is not named—"I'm sure I spoke to [Paxson]." McCain agreed that his letters on behalf of Paxson, a campaign contributor, could "possibly be an appearance of corruption"—even though McCain denied doing anything improper.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am 

http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=47450#47450

For anyone who has not read A Proud Liberal's initial post in the thread above, please do. What a bombshell!

McCain--straight shooter? Only if he is shooting at the American public.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

As you may know, McCain's co-chairman Republican Rep. Rick Renzi has been indicted for extortion, wire fraud, money laundering and other charges related to a land deal in Arizona.

Check out this Arizona blog from 2006, in which McCain sent out robo-calls to support his dear friend in the upcoming election.

Just in case you still think John McCain stands for values

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Left on my answering machine this morning:

This is Senator John McCain. I'm calling to urge you to support my friend, Representative Rick Renzi for Congress. Rick has represented the first district of Arizona with tenacity, honesty and integrity beyond reproach. I work with Rick every day and can report to you his total dedication to the people of Arizona and the United States. Please join me in supporting rural Arizona's workhorse Congressman on November 7. [Paid for and authorized by Rick Renzi for Congress]

Well, I needed a good laugh for Halloween.

# posted by Eli Blake @ 9:19 AM
Comments:
i assume Rick is a rethug. good ole McCain; he always comes thru. love the way he came out after Kerry today... NOT!

btw, happy halloween! :+)
# posted by Anonymous : 31 October, 2006 18:16
"Hi, I'm John McCain, and I smoke more dope in one day than Willie Nelson smokes in a week, so I endorse Len Munsil for governor. And that, uh, what's his name again, ah, Rod Renzi, that guy from Virginia. He's good too."

Cut.
# posted by shrimplate : 02 November, 2006 21:48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 am 

:laughing3:

[smilie=to funny.gif]

Quote:
As you may know, McCain's co-chairman Republican Rep. Rick Renzi has been indicted for extortion, wire fraud, money laundering and other charges related to a land deal in Arizona.

Check out this Arizona blog from 2006, in which McCain sent out robo-calls to support his dear friend in the upcoming election.

Just in case you still think John McCain stands for values

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Left on my answering machine this morning:

This is Senator John McCain. I'm calling to urge you to support my friend, Representative Rick Renzi for Congress. Rick has represented the first district of Arizona with tenacity, honesty and integrity beyond reproach. I work with Rick every day and can report to you his total dedication to the people of Arizona and the United States. Please join me in supporting rural Arizona's workhorse Congressman on November 7. [Paid for and authorized by Rick Renzi for Congress]

Well, I needed a good laugh for Halloween.

# posted by Eli Blake @ 9:19 AM
Comments:
i assume Rick is a rethug. good ole McCain; he always comes thru. love the way he came out after Kerry today... NOT!

btw, happy halloween! :+)
# posted by Anonymous : 31 October, 2006 18:16
"Hi, I'm John McCain, and I smoke more dope in one day than Willie Nelson smokes in a week, so I endorse Len Munsil for governor. And that, uh, what's his name again, ah, Rod Renzi, that guy from Virginia. He's good too."

Cut.
# posted by shrimplate : 02 November, 2006 21:48

You've done it again, shoeless. I am laughing like a hyena!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm now watching Muck Hickabee's concession speech. He once more called for his "fair tax" to free working people from the IRS. Of course, his "fair tax" is a national sales tax, which would be about 40%, and thus would fall most heavily on the poor and middle class, freeing the wealthy from the little income tax they now pay.

OK, after throwing up, I'm now ready to watch John McCrazy accept the nomination of the Greedy Old Pedophiles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Since I'm already nauseous from Mike Huckabible's speech, I was hoping to hear John McLame talk about the health care crisis in America. He didn't disappoint. He promoted the disgrace of our insurance corporation dominated health care, as "the best health care in the world".

Of course, Matthews and Russert are praising him for promising to keep the Iraq war going for 100 years, and already promoting a third term Republican presidency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:06 am 

well it looks like the repub strategy of going over to vote for hillary in texas worked.

olbermann played a clip on monday night that had propaganda minister rush limbaugh pleading/urgeing registered repugs to waste thier vote in texas to cross over and vote for the candidate that they will have the best chance of defeating in november.

limbaugh in essence admitted that repugs are scared shitless of obama. limbaugh was even quoted as saying that repugs along with hillarys supporters need to "bloody up" obama to prevent him from being the potential dem nominee.

in texas you're apparently able/legal to vote in either partys primary no matter your party affiliation.

clintons razor thin margin suggests to me and others that the repug strategy worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, hell...why should the few remaining states even hold primaries!!!!

My state's primary isn't until May!

:evil:

Obama will defeat McCain...I'm afraid Hillary won't.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:09 am 

now the battleground is coming to "ROOST" right in my own back yard.

my wife told me of a report she heard where hillary is opening an office over in johnstown where my wifes 2 tax prep stores are located. we live an hour away in altoona.

i'm wonderin/hopin where/if obama is going to do the same.

i've got a lot of work to do to talkup and convince uninformed dems why they need to vote for the candidate who has the best chance to beat mccain.

and it aint frickin hillary.

fortunately here in pa registered dems and repugs can't crossover and vote in the other parties primarary. the limbaugh strategy that was successful for the neocons in texas won't work here.

unfortunately also, indepentant voters are barred from participating in the primary proccess. i think that's a bunch of bullshit but that's been a big gripe i've had about this state my entire adult life.

go obama.

Post subject: Moles Wanted for the Republican National Convention
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:12 am 

Moles Wanted for the Republican National Convention

Quote:
In preparation for the Republican National Convention, the FBI is soliciting informants to keep tabs on local protest groups. They were looking for an informant to show up at "vegan potlucks" throughout the Twin Cities and rub shoulders with RNC protestors.

Paul Carroll was riding his bike when his cell phone vibrated. Once he arrived home from the Hennepin County Courthouse, where he’d been served a gross misdemeanor for spray-painting the interior of a campus elevator, the lanky, wavy-haired University of Minnesota sophomore flipped open his phone and checked his messages. He was greeted by a voice he recognized immediately. It belonged to U of M Police Sgt. Erik Swanson, the officer to whom Carroll had turned himself in just three weeks earlier. When Carroll called back, Swanson asked him to meet at a coffee shop later that day, going on to assure a wary Carroll that he wasn’t in trouble.

Carroll, who requested that his real name not be used, showed up early and waited anxiously for Swanson’s arrival. Ten minutes later, he says, a casually dressed Swanson showed up, flanked by a woman whom he introduced as FBI Special Agent Maureen E. Mazzola. For the next 20 minutes, Mazzola would do most of the talking.

“She told me that I had the perfect ‘look,’” recalls Carroll. “And that I had the perfect personality—they kept saying I was friendly and personable—for what they were looking for.” What they were looking for, Carroll says, was an informant—someone to show up at “vegan potlucks” throughout the Twin Cities and rub shoulders with RNC protestors, schmoozing his way into their inner circles, then reporting back to the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, a partnership between multiple federal agencies and state and local law enforcement. The effort’s primary mission, according to the Minneapolis division’s website, is to “investigate terrorist acts carried out by groups or organizations which fall within the definition of terrorist groups as set forth in the current United States Attorney General Guidelines.”
. . . . . . .

If this what they're doing for the RNC, is it too much of stretch that they might instigate a 1968 type of police riot for the DNC? Protest is no longer patriotic under the War Chimp.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thissie here is my lil theory: The three most powerful people in America are David Rockefe$$er, Henry Ki$$inger, and Dick Ch$n$y. They are all likely not long for this world and have little to lose. So the time table has been accelerated.

Hitting America with the manufactured trifecta/fivefecta of a:
food and gas and monetary and credit crisis
recession
cranking up the pre-emptive invasion of Iran crisis

They have been doing their best to destroy America for years now, thanks to massive help from the CIC (Ch$mp in Charge) things were looking pretty good.

Too many people woke up and too many people started talking about that 'terrorist laden bee's nest' aka as the Constitution and Bill of Rights. So the time table has been accelarated with the aforementioned trifecta/fivefecta.

With ownership/control of the main stream media and the electronic voting machines and the Fed, not to mention the big three candidates, they are likely giddy with excitement.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8