It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEDIA DECEPTION EXPLAINED
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MEDIA DECEPTION EXPLAINED!

Quote:
The public was told that Saddam posed an imminent threat. If that claim was fraudulent, the selling of the war is arguably the worst scandal in American political history — worse than Watergate, worse than Iran-contra. Indeed, the idea that we were deceived into war makes many commentators so uncomfortable that they refuse to admit the possibility. - Paul Krugman

The editor of TVNL explains how the msm deceives....

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Deceptive Reporting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:51 am 
A saving grace of Amerikan democratic virtues was that information proving that WMD in Iraq was highly unlikely abounded in the form of reports by weapons inspectors in books lining the shelves of book stores across the USA. A defect in the system was that the truth, and caring about the truth, did not matter. The people, whether they knew the truth or not, had no say in the matter. You chose your president and his administration, and you had no idea who and what you were voting for.

Establishment media asserted for years in all types of information broadcasts that nobody could possibly have known the attacks of 9-11 were set to happen. All you would have to do is to think for yourself for a minute to discern they could not possibly validate such statements, not even if they had interviewed one million people.

It is also a known fact that valid, factual information that 9-11 was well known before it happened has been concealed from public notice.

In times of war, deception and propaganda are not exceptions to the rule. They are the rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
In times of war, deception and propaganda are not exceptions to the rule. They are the rule

Also, Pueblo, I am convinced that when an administration wants to get into or start a war, deception and propaganda are of the utmost importance.

A nation has to be ready to accept that deception and propaganda. America was primed by 9/11. Before that, we were very reluctant to "put boots on the ground." Vietnam was remembered very vividly. Now it seems to be seldom mentioned. :(

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: 9-11 Was Allowed To Happen
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 pm 
No question about 9-11 making the way smooth for launching a war. The question is---Did some persons in government with knowledge of the coming attacks of 9-11 let the attacks proceed ? I believe they did.

You chose your president and his administration, and you had no idea who and what you were voting for.

Post subject: Re: Deceptive Reporting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pueblo wrote:
You chose your president and his administration, and you had no idea who and what you were voting for.

Whoa! Hold on there for one moment! We did not choose Bush. He was chosen by Kennedy, O'Connor, Rehnquist, Scalia and Thomas. Our only choice was whether or not to revolt and overthrow this illegal government.

As far as having an idea what Bush is, in November 2000 no one could have imagined that he was such a monster.

Of course in 2004, the millions of people who voted for him should have known better. That being said, the country still did not choose Bush. The Republicans once again stole the election.

It won't happen this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

I echo shoe's WHOA! Pueblo. WE did not choose Bush in 2000 and WE did not choose Bush in 2004. If you read the introduction to the posting guidelines of this website, you know that we lean to the LEFT. :lol:

I note that your IP shows your posts as coming out of or near Kuwait. :? If you're posting as a Kuwaiti, your own government has loved every moment of the Bush administration.

KUWAIT'S FREEDOM, BUSH-STYLE

Quote:
Bush said that "Freedom, by its nature, must be chosen, and defended by citizens, and sustained by the rule of law and the protection of minorities". The only real minority in Kuwait is the ruling family itself, and be assured it is well-protected. It controls the whole place, and nobody else gets a look-in. You doubt me? The CIA's 'Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments' names the Chief of State of Kuwait as Jabir al-Ahmad al-Jabir Al Sabah, and then lists al (sic) the rest of the happy family.

Quote:
Kuwait's prime minister, first deputy prime minister, deputy prime minister, and the ministers of oil, defense, communications, interior, social affairs and labor, and parliamentary affairs are called Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah, Al Sabah and Al Sabah. So are the governor of the central bank and (but of course) the ambassador to Bush. The Al Sabah family has Kuwait wrapped up. It controls everything that goes on in the place. Especially the flow of oil and the weapons' purchases and the construction contracts and the all-important connection with Bush Washington. The film "Fahrenheit 9/11" is banned in Kuwait. "The movie was banned . . . when the only cinema company in Kuwait, which is state-owned, was turned down for a licence to show the movie", said the (foreign) press report. And note that the only company allowed to show movies in the country is owned by the government, which is the Al Sabah family. So much for freedom of expression.

If you're not posting from Kuwait or as a Kuwaiti, I am requesting that you tell us where you are from.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What difference does it make in a 'globalized world'?????? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:56 am 
Then you do understand that Amerika, though it is still a beacon of freedom for the oppressed of the world, is not the free country it might once have been. High governance is arranged of, by, and for the rich. The president and his acccomplices are merely front-men and women for large corporations, the military, law enforcement, government, and other power monopolizing organizations. They do what they damn well please, within limits, and can get away with murder. Media information is tailored for serving their interests.

Voters may be free to cast ballots, but they are told who they must cast ballots for, and that is significant. It is just as important as the fact that while media does not always tell us what to think, it definitely directs us as to what we must think about.

Yes, I am in the Middle East, but I do not know where you get Kuwait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:16 am 

Pueblo wrote:
Then you do understand that Amerika, though it is still a beacon of freedom for the oppressed of the world, is not the free country it might once have been. High governance is arranged of, by, and for the rich. The president and his acccomplices are merely front-men and women for large corporations, the military, law enforcement, government, and other power monopolizing organizations. They do what they damn well please, within limits, and can get away with murder. Media information is tailored for serving their interests.

Voters may be free to cast ballots, but they are told who they must cast ballots for, and that is significant. It is just as important as the fact that while media does not always tell us what to think, it definitely directs us as to what we must think about.

The name of the site is TVNewsLies. Pretty much means all 'information' we are given by those in control is designed for their purpose, not ours.

Have you read much here on the site? It says repeatedly to not believe what the powers that be tell us, and why.

Have you read how angry some of us are that media has chosen our candidates--they are not the people we wanted to be voting for.

Do you have any tips on how we can get those messages through to the people around us?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Propaganda: Is there a solution?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:09 am 
In the ancient Greek city states, citizens were expected to be educated in the art of debate, with the idea in mind of presenting all sides of any issue, and then making informed, balanced decisions based on all the facts. Of course, human nature being what it is, some bright and selfish persons learned that they could line their own pockets handsomely, not by informing others as to all the facts of an issue, but by twisting the truth, leaving certain bits of information in and taking other bits out, and thereby persuading, influencing, and directing thoughts, feelings, and actions.

In the USA such deception has been elevated to the status of art and science. I am not sure there is an overall solution to lying, which, after all, is exactly what we are talking about. However, there certainly is a partial solution to knowing when we are being lied to---education. More important than education is breaking away from indifference and selfishness, to a state of mind and emotion where we can care enough to learn when we are being deceived, and then to transform that knowing into purposeful action.

Amerikans are mentally and emotionally conditioned by mass media to accept, platitudes, one-liners, and simplistic ideas in place of what are really required to understand the issues at hand for making intelligent decisions. Deep knowledge and experience are what are required. Power monopolizers pay big money to understand the psychies of the masses, and to know how to exploit for their own purposes, not yours, not mine---theirs.

I am well aware of the problem of mass media used by power monopolizers to truncate the truth, or to murder it, for their own interests.
Do I have a solution to the problem? I wish I did. I would be rich if I could figure out a solution to that problem. The people are willing dupes, and this is a fact proven over and over again, even when it has caused them great and irreperable harm by the multiples of millions, they still buy into the game. It is not only media that are the problem here. It is also human nature.

What humanity need is an objective moral code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm 

Quote:
Amerikans are mentally and emotionally conditioned by mass media to accept, platitudes, one-liners, and simplistic ideas in place of what are really required to understand the issues at hand for making intelligent decisions.

Yes, this is the problem. I, as most of us are, am surrounded by people who drink in whatever media serves without question. I am 'the crazy lady' who doesn't believe. They are a pack. I am alone.

Do I do my best to get word out? Sure, letters to the editor, discussions with people that are still willing to talk with me.

These are church going true, blue Amricans. Their priests and preacers back up what media spills out. They are not going to change their minds as long as the pack continues to believe all the propaganda.

But I continue to push for truth.

Post subject: The Rat Packs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am 
There are comfort and strength in numbers. Even the lowest insects seem to instinctively grasp this fact. It is much more soothing, a paliative in fact, to agree to agree on what is the truth, even if it is a lie, and societies will continue on that way until believing and repeating the lie brings severe consequences into their lives. They continue on that way because they can afford to, and because it brings no discernable adverse consequences onto them. And even in cases where consequences are obvious, selfishness, indifference, and coarseness blind them to the facts, and the large power monopolizers, as we have already seen in abundance, are quite willing to create armies of victims among them generation after generation so long as they are allowed to get away with it.

Post subject: Re: The Rat Packs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:14 am 

Pueblo wrote:
There are comfort and strength in numbers. Even the lowest insects seem to instinctively grasp this fact. It is much more soothing, a paliative in fact, to agree to agree on what is the truth, even if it is a lie, and societies will continue on that way until believing and repeating the lie brings severe consequences into their lives. They continue on that way because they can afford to, and because it brings no discernable adverse consequences onto them. And even in cases where consequences are obvious, selfishness, indifference, and coarseness blind them to the facts, and the large power monopolizers, as we have already seen in abundance, are quite willing to create armies of victims among them generation after generation so long as they are allowed to get away with it.

This morning I listened to C-Span which covers government. They have a call in program before covering the workings of the House of Representatives.

The topic was Bush's declaration there is no recession now nor will there be in the close future. Many called in to say--BULL, the food lines are growing.

Others called in to harp at the poor, to say Bush has it totally right and that they have no problem with the economy whatsoever.

People in those food lines will vote differently than they would have if they hadn't lost their jobs. I see no hope those who are comfortable now and see the poor as 'choosing' to have nothing, ever changing. They will always feel 'people get what they deserve', the tag line of people who are rich.

Human nature hasn't changed since there have been humans. We have technologically advanced, human nature never will.

And I really don't see how we can change that.

Post subject: Human Nature
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 am 
I have read a philosophical treatise on human nature that lines up very well with what you have just said. Of course, it is true what you say. While our standards of living and our technologies have advanced on a revolutionary scale, the same old human impulses and problems are still with us. There may be a very good reason why our basic natures have remained virtually identical to the natures of men and women of the stone age, and there are theories about this aspect of humanity that do seem to make good sense.

The rich are indifferent to the problems of the poor. Of this fact I am very well aware. A great many of the poor are indifferent about themselves, including their own health. What can be done? Selfishness and indifference have been responsible for human calamities through the ages; they are not restricted to any particular social class. They are a part of the structure of humanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:25 pm 

Quote:
A great many of the poor are indifferent about themselves, including their own health.

For the most part, if a poor preson appears to be indifferent about their own health, they have some kind of problem like depression or worse. No one should look down on someone who already is having problems.

I am not a traveler so don't know about other places, but since human nature is pretty universal I imagine this is true all over. People who have a hard time and no hope life will get better just give up. They don't deserve to be looked upon with contempt.

Perhaps people are created equal, but their circumstances, their abilities, their chances in life are far from equal!

The one thing my father hammered away about was this: Do not judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. And he lived by that rule. That is why I have total respect and admiration for my Dad!