It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: True
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:54 am 
I try to see things the same way. Empathy is the word. I see some poor bastard who is much worse off than I am. Do I look down on him? No way.
I see it like this. If I had been subjected to exactly the same influences as he was, at exactly the same periods in life, would I be any better than he is? I might be a lot worse than he is.

There are many persons born into fortunate circumstances for which they had no responsibility whatsoever, but who arrogate to themselves that they were the sole originators of all they have and enjoy, when in fact, they had done nothing at all for their fortunes.

Certainly there are differences among individuals, but these differences are often matters of chance, a sort of roll of the genetic dice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:36 pm 

The attack served the purpose of this administration. Do they care about anything else?

PNAC, in their own words.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Re: Propaganda: Is there a solution?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:57 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Pueblo wrote:
In the ancient Greek city states, citizens were expected to be educated in the art of debate, with the idea in mind of presenting all sides of any issue, and then making informed, balanced decisions based on all the facts. Of course, human nature being what it is, some bright and selfish persons learned that they could line their own pockets handsomely, not by informing others as to all the facts of an issue, but by twisting the truth, leaving certain bits of information in and taking other bits out, and thereby persuading, influencing, and directing thoughts, feelings, and actions.

In the USA such deception has been elevated to the status of art and science. I am not sure there is an overall solution to lying, which, after all, is exactly what we are talking about. However, there certainly is a partial solution to knowing when we are being lied to---education. More important than education is breaking away from indifference and selfishness, to a state of mind and emotion where we can care enough to learn when we are being deceived, and then to transform that knowing into purposeful action.

Amerikans are mentally and emotionally conditioned by mass media to accept, platitudes, one-liners, and simplistic ideas in place of what are really required to understand the issues at hand for making intelligent decisions. Deep knowledge and experience are what are required. Power monopolizers pay big money to understand the psychies of the masses, and to know how to exploit for their own purposes, not yours, not mine---theirs.

I am well aware of the problem of mass media used by power monopolizers to truncate the truth, or to murder it, for their own interests.
Do I have a solution to the problem? I wish I did. I would be rich if I could figure out a solution to that problem. The people are willing dupes, and this is a fact proven over and over again, even when it has caused them great and irreperable harm by the multiples of millions, they still buy into the game. It is not only media that are the problem here. It is also human nature.

What humanity need is an objective moral code.

The people are willing dupes, and this is a fact proven over and over again, even when it has caused them great and irreperable harm by the multiples of millions, they still buy into the game. It is not only media that are the problem here. It is also human nature.

I agree. It is ever so obvious, that propaganda, lies and "half-truths," are the "death blood" of our so-called "free press." Ignorance ALWAYS, takes the path of least resistance. It's always spoon-fed, and easily digested by the "brain dead" who elect to believe it's 'venomous bite."

Even within my own family, they simply don't want to listen. I have four sisters who quite frankly, don't have the time to listen to my nonsense. However, in the midst of raising a family, they still find the time to digest the "excrement," generated by the "fox and friends," of our corporate media. Having any kind of a political discussion, is next to impossible!! :albino: :albino:

I always have said, that if the "powers that be," would simply pull ignorance off the face of the earth, problem solved!! Since it's "bi-product" of ignorance is arrogance, we could "instantly," become once again, a "beacon of light," to the world community. :D :D

...unfortunately, the "religious right," are very aware of this as well. They will always have an adequate supply of villans. And unfortunately, some of those villans, are the same people, that cannot defend for themselves!! :evil: :evil:

I cannot count the number of times, that I have prayed to their "corporate Jesus," pleading with him to, when he returns, to not initially step foot on "the mount of olives," but to step foot on every republican first!!

Then, we could throw a few grapes in with the olives, and have a party!! :bounce: :bounce:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:19 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Pueblo wrote:
Then you do understand that Amerika, though it is still a beacon of freedom for the oppressed of the world, is not the free country it might once have been. High governance is arranged of, by, and for the rich. The president and his acccomplices are merely front-men and women for large corporations, the military, law enforcement, government, and other power monopolizing organizations. They do what they damn well please, within limits, and can get away with murder. Media information is tailored for serving their interests.

Voters may be free to cast ballots, but they are told who they must cast ballots for, and that is significant. It is just as important as the fact that while media does not always tell us what to think, it definitely directs us as to what we must think about.

Yes, I am in the Middle East, but I do not know where you get Kuwait.

Voters may be free to cast ballots, but they are told who they must cast ballots for, and that is significant. It is just as important as the fact that while media does not always tell us what to think, it definitely directs us as to what we must think about.

Correct!!

Under normal "corporate brain washing," this is called "framing an issue." The "corporate cockroaches," use this all the time. But, NOT VERY WELL!! They take a story, with their enemy in mind, and attempt to connect him/her, to a rape, murder, money laundering, in an attempt to brainwash it's public, into believing they have found their "daily bastard."

...and "daily bastard" IT IS TOO!! (if they so desire)

During an election year, it is simply called "mud slinging." And just like "framing an issue," timing is everything!! You can have a hero on the 12:00 noon news, and by 5 o'clock, there's a warrant out for his arrest!!

It's almost like a "soap opera on steroids." :alien: :alien:

It can get pretty crazy sometimes!! :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: MEDIA DECEPTION EXPLAINED
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ETL wrote:

Quote:
Even within my own family, they simply don't want to listen. I have four sisters who quite frankly, don't have the time to listen to my nonsense. However, in the midst of raising a family, they still find the time to digest the "excrement," generated by the "fox and friends," of our corporate media. Having any kind of a political discussion, is next to impossible!!

Many active members of TVNL have the same problem, including myself. My sister and I are the only members of our family who are not registered Republicans! My family members won't debate the issues. Instead, they get mad almost immediately...and stalk off and pout or actually leave the premises in a haze of squealing rubber...in their pickup trucks. :lol:

Back in the day, I would often arrive at family gatherings early so I could park my car so that its "OBAMA/BIDEN" bumper sticker was very visible to one and all. :mrgreen: Additionally, some of my family members are bigots in their hearts. They won't come right out and say so, but I know they don't like the fact that we've got a black president. :roll: A few of them are so ignorant that they sit and demonize government programs while they're drawing their SS checks and are on Medicare! :roll: A few of them have even been on Medicaid at one time or another. I always like to make that a point of argument...when I do, they usually try to change the subject very quickly. I just smile and say that I think my point has been made.

What I find most amazing is the ease with which the Republicans, the teabaggers, and the religious nuts on the telly have managed to brainwash so many Americans. All it took, as a beginning, was one attack on two buildings in NY and the unfortunate deaths of several thousand people, not all of whom were Americans...and we've given up so many freedoms while allowing the corporations to bleed us dry. The Russian leader back in the early 60s, Nikita Kruschev, said that we would "fall from within." His words were then thought to be laughable...but I don't think many people who remember him and what he said are laughing now.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman