It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McSAME AS BUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HA! Darn, this one is pretty good!

Anti-McCain Ad Surfaces in Battlegrounds

Something called the Campaign to Defend America has purchased a reported $1 million worth of air time in Ohio and Pennsylvania to run this ad, which connects John McCain to George W. Bush.

Update: Check out this investigation to learn who is behind the ad.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

According to FEC reports and filings with the Internal Revenue Service, the Campaign to Defend America has received at least $1.4 million from the Fund for America, a nonprofit group set up last year by John Podesta, a former chief of staff for President Clinton; Anna Burger, the secretary-treasurer of the Service Employees International Union; and Rob McKay, a California philanthropist. The Campaign to Defend America is headed by Tom Matzzie, the former Washington director of the liberal activist group MoveOn.org.

Among Fund for America donors are multimillionaire financier George Soros, who gave it $2.5 million last year and was a major contributor to an effort to defeat Bush in 2004. Burger's union also contributed $2.5 million last year, according to Fund for America's IRS records.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jq3O ... gD8V7INO81

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good for them...about time the Rethugs got some real SWIFTBOAT kicks in their own sorry asses.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think it would be effective to call him "100 years mcCain."

The dems are welcome to use my nickname. :D

Glad to see they are fighting back. I am tired of Bushbarian policy making!!

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:05 am 

love the mcsame moniker.

i plan on using it immediately among my freinds and neighbors here in battlground pa.

thinkin bout getting some obama bumper stickers on line to get the subliminal image out there.

people here are really starting to talk things up in the papers and tv media.

i've got lots of convincin to do for the obama campaign.

time to get to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Good for them...about time the Rethugs got some real SWIFTBOAT kicks in their own sorry asses.

Isn't it funny how right-wingers invoke the name of George Soros everytime some group exposes the crud of their Republican leaders, as if that somehow invalidates the truth of the story. This one is particularly pathetic, in that the group simply publicized McLame's love for George W. Bush, which McCrazy himself has publicly proclaimed many times, most recently on the steps of the White House next to a tap dancing Bush. Yet, the wingnuts are compelled to insinuate this is not true, because George Soros is behind it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Gotta love the hardball starting in March. Before long, we may have non-stop hardball political elections.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AFL-CIO Eager to Hit McCain in $53-Million Drive

The AFL-CIO isn’t going to wait around for the Democrats to pick a nominee before it starts campaigning against John McCain. The largest union in America plans to spend a record $53 million to make sure the next president isn’t a Republican.

With the leading Democratic candidates exhausting their war chests on each other, surrogates will have to take on McCain, who is already free to begin running a general election campaign.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maher praises Obama speech, slams McCain on war

MAHER SAYS MACAIN IS DUMBER THAN BUSH ABOUT THE WAR IN IRAQ!

Quote:
"I thought it was a great speech," said Maher of Obama's milestone address on race. "He never fails to rise to the occasion. I think history will look back and see him as ... the Jackie Robinson of politics."

Maher added, "It was such a pleasure to hear a speech for adults, to adults, that didn't pander, that was eloquent."

Elaborating on the hubbub over remarks by Obama's onetime pastor, Maher said, "Americans are so narcissistic, they're such navel-gazers, they only live in their own little world. ... People wouldn't know what goes on in a black church, they could be preaching jihad every week and nobody would know about it. I mean we learn this every time there's a racial episode in this country ... [E]very time people are absolutely shocked at what's going on, because obviously there really isn't a lot of dialogue between the two races.
"

Quote:
When it came to McCain, Maher let loose with more of his trademark caustic wit. "We're one terrorist attack away from John McCain rising in the polls by ten points because people think he's tougher. Of course he's not tougher about the war, he's dumber about the war ... because he thinks that by keeping troops in the heart of the Muslim world, that's gonna help the war on terror."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080403_hes_mcsame_on_social_security_too/]He’s ‘McSame’ on Social Security, Too
[/url]

By Joe Conason

The most puzzling aspect of John McCain’s political persona is his habitual attraction to George W. Bush’s bad ideas. Their shared enthusiasm for invading Iraq and then escalating the war is why “McSame” will soon become the new shorthand for the Arizona Republican, replacing “maverick”—but that isn’t the only reason. He doesn’t just endorse the disastrous foreign policy initiatives; he loves the failed domestic policy schemes, too.

Specifically, McCain is a longtime supporter of President Bush’s Social Security privatization initiative, last seen descending into oblivion only months after its introduction in 2005. He played a cameo role in the promotion of that notion (which never became an actual plan or bill in Congress) when the White House trotted him in for one of the president’s staged public “conversations” on the subject. Back then his pleas for everyone to sit down and negotiate the surrender of Social Security to Wall Street were universally ignored, yet that scarcely seems to have discouraged him.

Actually, McCain supported Social Security privatization before it was uncool, when he first ran for president eight years ago. The Wall Street Journal reported recently that a proposal to divert a portion of payroll taxes to finance private accounts, like the Bush scheme, was “a centerpiece of a McCain presidential bid in 2000.” Both he and Bush have wanted to dismantle Social Security for many years, in fact, and he has indicated that will be an important goal for a McCain presidency.

Sensibly enough, however, his advisers are trying to mute such themes in his campaign, knowing that privatization is extremely unpopular. They may have noticed that $50 million worth of advertising and promotion didn’t work three years ago. They may also have noticed that their candidate is poorly equipped to discuss the issue. As he once confessed, “the issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should.”

So, on the McCain campaign Web site, the section concerning Social Security merely suggests he would “supplement” the existing system with personal investment accounts—a suggestion that is entirely different from the more radical kind of privatization he has supported in the past.

But when The Wall Street Journal inquired about the discrepancy between his Web site and his previous statements, the candidate declared that his own position has never changed.

“I’m totally in favor of personal savings accounts,” he said. “As part of Social Security reform, I believe that private savings accounts are a part of it—along the lines that President Bush proposed.” (The other “parts” would include sharp benefit cuts, if the senator’s past votes and statements provide any guide to future policy.) “I’ll correct any policy paper that I’ve put out that might intimate that personal savings accounts are not a very important factor,” he vowed.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Man Who Would Be Bush

By Robert Scheer

Are Americans unusually stupid or is it something our president put in the water? ? As millions surrender their homes and sacrifice other standards of our nation’s economic and political reputation to the caprice of the Bush-Cheney imperium, a majority of voters tell pollsters that they might vote for a candidate who promises more of the same.

Assuming that likely voters are not now thinking of yet another Republican president simply because John McCain is the only white guy left standing—an excuse as pathetic in its logic as the decision four years ago to return two Texas oil hustlers to the White House because they were not Massachusetts liberals—must mean that tens of millions of Americans have taken leave of their senses.

If not the white-guy syndrome, why would even a shocking minority of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama supporters say they prefer McCain to the other Democrat? How otherwise to explain the nation’s widespread bipartisan rejection of the Bush presidency and yet a willingness to let McCain continue in that vein?

To be sure, as a senator, McCain has exhibited flashes of independence on behalf of taxpayers, as in his support of campaign-finance reform in which he partnered with Democrat Russ Feingold. McCain’s investigations of the military-industrial complex’s shameless exploitation of terrorism fears set a high standard, as in exposing the air-tanker scandal that dispatched a Boeing exec and a former Pentagon employee to prison. But his political ambition is showing. Although he previously harshly criticized the enormous waste in the Iraq occupation, today, as a presidential candidate, he opens the door to a hundred years of taxpayer dollars tossed down the drain in Iraq. The man who was tortured now hugs a leader who authorized the same.

By so unabashedly embracing the most glaringly failed U.S. president ever, McCain has surrendered the right to be considered an independent candidate, judged on his own merits and personal history. A vote for McCain is a vote for that rancid recipe mixing religious bigotry, imperial arrogance and corporate greed that he had stood against in the run-up to the 2000 presidential election when he challenged George W. Bush, but to which he now has capitulated.

I've been thinking since 2004 that Americans are just stupid.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

John McCain wants to push yet another gigantic tax cut for oil companies, if he becomes president. Yet, he has sent out an advisor to spout the following LIE:

McCain Adviser Says McCain Is The One To ‘Stand Up’ To Big Oil»

Exxon/Mobil made $40.6 billion profit in 2007 and paid $4.3 billion in taxes. That is a tax rate of 10.6%.

According to 2007 Federal Tax Rate Schedule for personal income, the tax rate for individuals who make from $0 to $7,825 is 10%, or approximately the same tax rate paid by Exxon/Mobil.

Meanwhile, the income tax for middle class Americans is $4,386.25 plus 25% of the amount over 31,850. Link

McCain’s tax cut would reduce Exxon/Mobil’s tax rate to 7.6%.

That sounds fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TAKE THE BUSH-MCCAIN CHALLENGE!

CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUSH AND MCCAIN?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:02 pm 

I scored 100%, with Bush and McCain never being the same, of course McSame was the worst of the two on all five questions!!! I really like the comment about McSame really being a Cheney clone not a Bush clone, that should scared the bejesus right out of anyone.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Indeed, it is scary...one reason some of us used to wonder if it was wise to impeach Bush when all we'd get was Cheney!

McSame certainly is looking a lot like Cheney as well. I watched McSame for a short while the other night...forget where or what he was talking about, but his appearance was downright frightening. His face was puffed, his eyes were glassy and staring, and he seemed to be having a hard time getting out what it was he wanted to say. He kept moving around, and switching the microphone from hand to hand.

Weird...really weird..

Both McSame and Cheney want to attack Iran:

http://www.therealnews.com/web/index.ph ... sview=item

Quote:
JAY: The McCain election strategy and the Bush-Cheney strategy seems to be pretty clear: to connect Iran with the word "terrorism." And even McCain tried to connect it with the word al-Qaeda—whether that was a mistake or not I guess one can speculate. But the connection of Iran and the war on terror seems to be what the election campaign's going to be about. And Cheney's been trying to drum up support for that in the Middle East. Is he getting it?

YEKTAFAR: Yes, absolutely. I mean, you know, in all honesty, I don't see that much difference between what's going on right here and what went on with Iraq. It's these little words that kind of creep into these speeches. And, you know, you put these words in there just as it happened in Iraq, and eventually, you know, your hope is that you're going to turn public opinion. And once that is turned a little bit, then it's easier to kind of get the leaders of these countries on your camp to form this sort of a barrier coalition against Iran

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman