It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rumors about Wal Mart etc.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:30 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sam Walton seemed to be the real deal. An ordinary American who made good, very good, in the intensely competitive retail business. Lets take a closer look at what happened to Wal Mart and the impact on American manufacturing.

Apparently Sam got his investment money from his wifes side of the family. They were wealthy folks of semitic origin. Sam was a true patriot and all of his trucks said 'Buy American.'

The trucks got painted before Sam's body was cold. Wal Mart very quickly became a place that destroyed records for selling ultra cheap imports and terrible worker rights and pay. It is also generally predatory. It moves in and sells commodities at prices that the competition simply has no chance to compete with. Wal Mart also enjoys enormous tax breaks almost everywhere it sets up shop. Odd that the worlds most profitable retail business gets the best tax breaks.

The problem with cheap imports is that I am referring to really cheap imports. The kind realized by paying Indonesians $1.25/day...which will buy two meals. The kind realized by forcing the slaves to work 6-7 days/week.

The American consumer doesn't know it but we are enabling supranational slavery that entirely benefits the executives and financiers of the global corporations. Executives that often have no problem with transforming pristine lakes into toxic hellholes that you can not stick your hand in.

Our manufacturing base has been hollowed out into a spiral of slow death. We could kind of compete with well paid Japanese workers. We have no chance against the worker earning about $1/day.

Nike pays 75 cents for a pair of shoes made in Indonesia. The savings are not passed unto us. The profits are passed unto Nike and retailers like Wal Mart.

Incidentally, Wal Mart is the driving force behind the chip which will allow you to steer your cart out of the store without slowing down. Your chip will get read along with all of the merchandise. Your account gets debited.

Engage in dissent and get your chip turned off. Thats the down side.

The battle for our freedom is over the day that we get chipped.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Rockefellers already have a few million chips lying around somewhere. It has been their goal to chip the world for some time. Study the history of Jay Rockefeller and Aaron Russo if you are unaware of this.

You think the domination of kings was often bad? It was assuredly better than life with the chip unless you are a member of the ruling class.

To accentuate the intentional destruction of America, Alan Greenspan recently told the Saudis to quit taking the US dollar. Our corporations also magically started de-coupling from the US dollar last year.

This is what you will see. The power elite has an remarkable history of creating financial havoc which allows them to purchase real-estate and businesses for pennies on the dollar (also known as Crisis Capitalism). The most recent example was the 1997 'Asian stock market crisis.' An older example was the Great Depression. You may recall Fed Chairman Bernie Bernanke apologizing for the fact that the Fed created the Great Depression. Fed watchers already knew that of course.

What we are watching unfold promises to be the greatest transfer of wealth in human history.

Then the chip comes out. Or does the chip come first?

I am stocking up on food. Canned foods should be good for a few years. I understand that pinto beans store pretty well. What other bulk foods store well? I am considering wild rice which should do pretty good in a freezer.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Rumors about Wal Mart etc.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:14 am 

Purple Tang wrote:
I am stocking up on food. Canned foods should be good for a few years. I understand that pinto beans store pretty well. What other bulk foods store well? I am considering wild rice which should do pretty good in a freezer.

One of the things you might consider is staying away from any food that requires artificial refrigeration, both refrigerator and freezer. Foodstuffs that could be stored in a root cellar would seem to be a wiser choice. Long periods without electricity would seem to be a distinct possibility. Just ask anyone living in Bagdad.

Mormons used to keep vacuum-packed grains and pasta when their religion stressed having a two-year supply of food for the coming hard times. They also encouraged home canning during the season when fruits and vegetables were at their cheapest and most plentiful.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I stock up on dried foods, such as beans, peas, rice, etc. I pour them out of their bags into glass jars or storage containers with tight seals. Having a root celler is indeed something to treasure if you have one. I do not, but I do a lot of home-canning during the summer months. I really prefer it to freezing foods because I don't have to rely on electricity for preservation. Around here, if push came to shove, I could take dairy products (except for ice cream, of course) and place them in a very cold creek that is near my house. (When I was a child, my parents stored their dairy products in their spring house, which was kept cold by the spring that flowed out of the mountains and from which we got our water. They did not have a refrigerator until I was about 6.)

I also have a great recipe book entitled "Better Than Store-Bought." It gives all kinds of recipes for making things like hamburger buns, vanilla wafers, fig newtons, and other things we normally run to the store to purchase.

PT, if you think of a food you'd like to try to create at home but don't have the recipe for, let me know what it is and I'll see if my "Better Than Store-Bought" book has it.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman