It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dobar dan, sve njuti (Good day, all you people)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:14 pm 

I'm dropping in here to introduce myself, I'm Dragan67. I live in the U.S. and I'm an artist (political cartoonist) and kind of neo-hippie. Less of a free-love advocate, LSD type and more of a Weatherman type. Normally I post on Pravda.ru and Montreal's Bravda. In those fora, you can find me being my usual (somewhat) rude self, but I promise I will try to be nice in here since everyone else is supposed to do that too.

If anyone ever feels like 'taking the gloves off', they can always invite me (PM) to jump over to one of the other fora (listed above), and we can have some fun duking it out, full strength conversation, so to speak. I'm not afraid of what anyone has to say, regardless as to whether they agree with me or not. I'm also not afraid that someone might show that I'm wrong somehow (it's happened before now), and I'm not afraid to try to show someone else where they might be going wrong either. Fortunately, nobody HAS to learn ANYTHING (Horticulture, as the joke goes). I've noticed that a lot.

Of course, you'll have to register there first, if you aren't already. So be boyscout-like in that regard. It'll take up less time.

And yes, I can speak Serbian. Even though I'm an American.

Be talking to you all in the fora here...

Later on,

Dragan67

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 pm 

Welcome Dragan. I hope you enjoy it here. While we do aim to be pleasant, we are not afraid of a good debate, as debate is where we most often form and sharpen our ideas, ideals and beliefs.

Hope you enjoy it here. Is there any particular reason you chose us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WELCOME, DRAGAN!

If you like a spirited debate, you've come to the right place. Glad to see you here and I hope you manage to stop by as often as possible.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask one of the admin staff. You can find out who they are by going

HERE

Thanks for registering and I look forward to having many discussions with you.

CAT

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Welcome, and don't worry. You can always find some contention around here if you want.

Post subject: Re: Dobar dan, sve njuti (Good day, all you people)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm 

Dragan67 wrote:
I live in the U.S. and I'm an artist (political cartoonist) and kind of neo-hippie. Less of a free-love advocate, LSD type and more of a Weatherman type.

Welcome from a not so neo-hippie. I must be absolutely clear though, the Weatherman philosophy of violence against the government is not welcomed here in any form. The Weatherman is about as close to the true hippie as the War Chimp is to Buddha or Gandhi.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:59 am 

Quote:
The Weatherman is about as close to the true hippie as the War Chimp is to Buddha or Gandhi.

Good analogy.

Welcome Dragan. You will find plenty to disagree with here. It does help when people stick to information and not personal attacks though.

Enjoy your stay.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ah, the Weathermen. Weren't they a few nutjobs who blew up a statue and got the entire anti-Vietnam movement labeled as proto-terrorists?

The right-wing has engaged in this sort of propaganda as long as I've been alive. I dare say they have been doing it forever to fuck up foreign relations.