It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOX Fiends plant fear of Billary co-presidency
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.newshounds.us/2008/02/26/fox_fiends_plant_fear_of_billary_copresidency.php#more]FOX Fiends plant fear of Billary co-presidency
[/url]

It was all of four minutes into this morning's FOX & Friends First 2/26/08 before Steve Doocy and Alisyn Camerota held a staged conversation about Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. For some FOX viewers the only thing scarier than a Hillary presidency is another Bill Clinton term, and they played into that co-presidency talking point big time. Lucky for us they're dumb enough to show the video from which they got this smear, and we can see their clumsy tactics.

With video.

Camerota repeatedly referred to it as Bill's "Freudian slip showing," and Doocy exclaimed about how much time had passed between "Hillary said" and "when I'm president," insinuating that people would have forgotten during those 60 words/30 seconds that Bill was speaking about his wife.

They showed the amateur video, and it is quite obvious that they deliberately cut it short and tried to obfuscate the opening "Hillary said" with FOX graphics and swooshing effects, to further their point.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 pm 

I am not looking for a Hillary Presidency, but I do think media has gone overboard beating the tar out of her. Everywhere Hillary is treated as though she has no right to venture into man's land.

Media is disgusting!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://mediamatters.org/items/200803250011?f=i_latest]On Fox News, Sabato equated Democrats to "mommy," Republicans to "daddy"
[/url]

Recycling a standard gender cliché frequently used by the media to discuss Republicans and Democrats, Larry Sabato said: "Look, when you analyze parties, you need to think of them this way: The Democratic Party is the mommy party, and the Republican Party is the daddy party."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:49 am 

Catherine wrote:
Larry Sabato said: "Look, when you analyze parties, you need to think of them this way: The Democratic Party is the mommy party, and the Republican Party is the daddy party."

And you, Larry Sabato, are a misogynistic cretin that really believes women shouldn't be voting unless it is the way their "man" tells them they should. I will remember to add any women in your life to my list of prayer intentions since they are at such a decided disadvantage. By the way my mother did do a hell of better job of raising and educating us kids than my father, so the implied denigration is false from the get go.
APL—Proud to call myself a feminist!

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Last edited by A Proud Liberal on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: What WE see
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

What WE see, and by WE, I mean everyone outside the USA borders, is that USA television uses anchormen and women as authorities or 'the informed voice of the people'.

They aren't journalists because they don't go after stories as far as I can tell, they read copy or repeat somebody elses opinion.

I have to admit that I'm giving a perception of the truth rather than the truth itself because I'm not there. But where are your Professors and expert opinion?

I could imagine your typical 'three person discussion' on Fox about the upcoming elections only this time one of these people is Professor X from Standford and head of the Political Science department. Every time one of the others offered a glib opinion, the rolling eyes of the professor would make them look like morons. The fact is that this would never be allowed to happen.

The greatest threat to to our democracy and our freedom are these 'talk show celebrities' who mold public opinion, sway the masses and are completely beyond the public's power to influence or to sack.

In Australia, I watch the American "Meet the Press" where a journalist interviews a policy maker or an expert. How many Americans watch that in comparison to the millions listening to an opinion of some hairdo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:47 am 

Couldn't agree with you more, DJ. If it weren't for LINK TV, I would hear nothing that even resembles reality. And most people can't get LINK.

That is why computers are so important.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The candidates are held accountable and to great scrutiny when they refer to assassination, in just about any capacity. What about news pundits like this idiot "wishing" for the assassination of Obama? :evil:

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-feldman/fox-pundit-wishes-for-oba_b_103500.html]FOX Pundit Wishes for Obama Assassination, Laughs
[/url]

During a live interview, FOX Contributor Liz Trotta jokingly wished for the assassination of Sen. Barack Obama.

This latest incident from FOX News continues the trend in violent rhetoric about Sen. Obama from pundits, politicians, and entertainers.

Grinning While Joking About Killing A Candidate

The incident happened in an exchange with the FOX News anchor. When asked her opinion of the recent scandal surrounding some comments made by Sen. Hillary Clinton, which Trotta described by saying that, "some are reading [it] as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama." Hemmer quickly corrected Trotta, having noticed that she had said "Osama" when she meant "Obama." At this point, Trotta said, "Obama. Well...both if we could!" Trotta then laughed gleefully.

MORE AT THE LINK

Quote:
This morning, Trotta appeared on Fox News with Bill Hemmer and offered an apology, while also suggesting her remark was nothing particularly unusual this year.

She said, " Oh yes, I am so sorry about what happened yesterday and the lame attempt at humor. I fell all over myself, making it appear that I wished Barack Obama harm or any other candidate, for that matter, and I sincerely regret it and apologize to anybody I have offended. It is a very colorful political season, and many of us are making mistakes and saying things we wish we had not said
."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp ... 1003808177

FIRE HER ASS! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Bill Clinton presidency compared to the War Chimp disaster?

Pinch me.....I must be dreaming.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am 

Here's the contact info for Fox. See if they will listen to complaints about her. She should most definitely be fired...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

Here's a copy of the email I sent:

Quote:
To Whom it May Concern:

I find it deeply disturbing that during an interview with an "expert" about Hillary Clinton's reference to RFK's assassination that your paid contributor would actually suggest that someone assassinate Sen. Obama and LAUGH in the same breath. Considering that the initial point of the interview was to disparage Hillary Clinton for a tacky remark, it is the epitome of irony that your contributor would make a remark a million times more inflammatory. No one should be given a platform, much less a nation platform, to advocate the assassination of one of our elected leaders. This is especially damaging considering that Ms. Trotta had just "accidentally" called Sen. Obama "Osama" and then called for his assassination. The American public is not stupid. It is clear that you are trying to create parallels within the Fox News watcher's mind between a known terrorist and an American elected official. This is despicable and sad. It is difficult for me to even write the word "news" after Fox considering that Fox has long been off the news trail and instead in the pocket of the republican party. It is shameful to allow anyone to do what your contributor did and it is shameful that your "news" organization continues to try to use propaganda techniques to scare the less informed of our population into fearing a person that clearly has no ties to any terrorist groups.

I, as an American citizen, demand that Ms. Trotta be fired immediately. She is advocating the assassination of one of our elected officials and that appears to me to be harmful, if not criminal, behavior.

A Concerned US Citizen,