It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guilty by association
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Im tired of the whole "guilty by association" tag. you wanna hold Obama to to Rev Wright's comments? then i hold conservatives to these religious leaders comments! whos the blame America first crowd?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Rev Wright is a Christian Right Wing Evangelical just like the others that want to bring Armageddon about through the actions of America and Israel. They are trying to push God's hand. How futile can one be??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:13 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

just to add....this is McCain's spiritual leader......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tViqufbk7I8

He is the leader of 12,000 member World Harvest Church. He has written several books outlining his fundamentalist religious outlook. Parsley in his book "The 2005 Silent No More" in a chapter titled "Islam: The Deception of Allah," warns there is a "war between Islam and Christian civilization." He urged the US to launch a new crusade to eradicate Islam. During the two last presidential elections, I specifically remember seeing his church engaging in pro-Republican partisan activities in violation of its tax-exempt status. How come the IRS hasn't launched an investigation of this church His relationship with McCain's is politically significant, as I stated previously, he drove Christian fundamentalist voters to the polls for George W. Bush. Again, the IRS did not bat an eye, but they have swooned down after Jeremiah Wright's church.

http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspot.c ... -john.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, I could discount Wright as being an Obama albatross, but Wright continues to make Obama look bad, now that Wright has got a stage.

The wrong Rev. Wright makes for easy cheap shots against Obama.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rev. Wright seems relatively tame when we compare his "sermon" with that man that John McSame seems to like so much, John Hagee. Hagee says that the Holocaust was an ACT OF GOD TO SEND JEWS BACK TO THE HOLY LAND, and while McCain is FINALLY, AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS, trying to distance himself from this religious charlatan, he hung onto Hagee far longer than Obama hung onto Wright:

McCain talks issues as troubles pile up

Facing a pile of controversial campaign troubles - including incendiary comments by televangelist John Hagee that forced him to reject Hagee's endorsement - Sen. John McCain tried mightily to shift the focus to economic issues and his Democratic opponent Barack Obama on Thursday during a California campaign swing.

...But at the start of his Northern California fundraising and campaign trip, the dominant news of the day was not on McCain's official agenda: The controversial Hagee had, in the 1990s, said Adolf Hitler had acted as an agent of God to cause the Holocaust to send more Jews to the Holy Land.

Minutes after the Union City event, McCain issued a statement rejecting the influential Texas pastor's endorsement - one he had eagerly sought in order to win the support of churchgoing conservative voters.

McCain Backer Hagee Said Hitler Was Fulfilling God's Will

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman