It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gang-Rape Victim Accuses Halliburton/KBR of Cover-Up
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gang-Rape Victim Accuses Halliburton/KBR of Cover-Up

Over two years ago, Jamie Leigh Jones was working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad’s Green Zone when she was drugged and gang-raped, allegedly by several co-workers. According to Jones, instead of attending to her injuries and bringing her assailants to justice, she was held by KBR for 24 hours in a shipping container without food or water and then told she would lose her job if she left Iraq. Now, it’s unclear whether the case will go to trial, and her attackers may escape punishment due to a legal loophole regarding U.S. contractors working abroad.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Men doing what men do best- fantacising about how they can degrade women further. A gaggle of conspirators wins the day again. Nice they have date rape drugs too! :roll:

Quote:
In her lawsuit, Jones' lawyer, Todd Kelly said KBR and Halliburton created a "boys will be boys" atmosphere at the company barracks which put her and other employees at great risk.

"I think that men who are there believe that they live without laws" said Kelly. "The last thing that she should have expected was for her own people to turn on her".

Oh yeah- a bunch of young men, violence and testosterone laced with date rape drugs to boot? Trust me? 'Sicko' men proving their real worth- they sure are good at raping the defenseless though! How about murdering the helpless too!

I support our Nazi stormtroopers, and our god given right to be a Patriot- no matter what happens! :roll:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I sent out three letters to my senators and the senate speaker on this.

It seems a travesty of justice that the justice department would drag their feet on this one in pursuit of more frivolous cases.

Justice Department Accused of Delaying Iraq Rape Inquiry

I hope to god that none of the squares in the oval office are hindering this in any way.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/20071214_rep_poe_halliburton_kbr_gang_rape_not_isolated_case/]Rep. Poe: Halliburton/KBR Gang Rape Not ‘Isolated Case’
[/url]

An update on this story.

Texas Rep. Ted Poe, pushing for a probe into the case of former Halliburton/KBR employee Jamie Leigh Jones, who says she was gang-raped by co-workers in Iraq and then intimidated into keeping silent, urged other possible victims of crimes against U.S. contract employees working abroad to come forward, saying he believes Jones’ case is not unique.

Good luck, Mr. Poe....it probably won't happen, though. Not only are these thugs good at raping women, they're even better at intimidation.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:48 am 

the main problem i see here is WHO the named employer is in this case.

halliburton/ kellog brown and root are 2 prime examples that go right along with contractors like blackwater who are in fact some of the neocon/republican party financial backers/contributors.

they are in iraq primarily as a favor returned by the bushicons via the guaranteed no bid/competition contracts that the bushicons handed out. they are an integral part of the military industrial complex that is there to make the insane profits for the bushie stockholders who have no problem getting rich off the american taxpayers back.

this poor rape victim doesn't stand a chance against these war criminals.

i'm talking about the war criminals that are currently stenching up the oval office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Almost makes the Dr. Sue Arrigo story more believable doesn't it! She accused Cheney of ordering torture and rape on her as well.

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel ... 429&page=2

Quote:
*** Dr. Alan Cantwell is a retired dermatologist; and the author of
five books on the man-made origin of AIDS and the infectious origin of cancer, all published by Aries Rising Press, PO Box 29532, Los Angeles, CA 90029 (www.ariesrisingpress.com).
Email: alancantwell@sbcglobal.net.

Abstracts of 30 published papers can be found at the PubMed website. Many of his personal writings can be found on www.google.com by typing in key words "alan cantwell" + articles. His latest book is Four Women Against Cancer: Bacteria, Cancer and the Origin of Life. His books are available on www.amazon.com and through Book Clearing House @ 1-800-431-1579]
MORE FROM SUSAN ARRIGO ARCHIVES:
CIA Remote Viewer on Iraq War Conspiracy (1)
by SUE ARRIGO, MD
Iraq War Conspiracy:CIA Tries to Setup Saddam Hussein (2)
by SUE ARRIGO, MD
Iraq War Conspiracy: Bush/CIA Sell Saddam Hussein WMDs(3)
by SUE ARRIGO, MD
Ex-CIA Doctor: AIDS Is Man-Made Pentagon Conspiracy

Other Top Stories

Biowar Conspiracy: CIA-Pentagon Labs Made HIV (1) by SUE ARRIGO, M.D.
Do TB-Type Bacteria Cause AIDS? by ALAN CANTWELL, MD
Ex-CIA Doctor:AIDS Is Man-Made Pentagon Conspiracy by DR. ALAN CANTWELL & DR. SUE ARRIGO
WHO Murdered Africa (The Man Made Origin of AIDS) by WILLIAM CAMPBELL DOUGLASS, MD
AIDS/HIV Conspiracy:Debunking Out of Africa Theory by ALAN CANTWELL J.R., M.D.
AIDS Created as Biowarfare, Says Nobel Laureate by CONSPIRACY PLANET
Spinning the whirrled!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What kind of crap are they running out there!

It seems so believable that KBR would run amok given the Wild West nature of BlackWater.

And that's what Ted Poe says, "Iraq is reminiscent of the Old Western days and no one seems to be in charge," Poe told the House panel. "The law must intervene, and these outlaws need to be rounded up and order restored."

More women report sex assaults in Iraq
Quote:
Associated Press - December 19, 2007 9:03 PM ET

CAPITOL HILL (AP) - A woman who claims she was raped by a fellow employee while working for a U.S. contractor in Iraq says she's not alone.

Jamie Leigh Jones told a House subcommittee that the problem "goes way beyond" just her.

A Texas congressman agreed, saying several other women have come forward with reports of sexual harassment and assault while employed in Iraq for Halliburton's former subsidiary, KBR.

Republican Ted Poe says he's been contacted by three women who have given accounts similar to those of Jones, who says she was raped in July 2005 by a co-worker who drugged her.

Ten others reported their stories through a foundation Jones began to help women with similar experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Would it be worth it to ask our respective senators who supported the nomination of Mukasey, if this is the kind of responsibility they expected from the top DOJ hancho?

DOJ Shuns Hearing on Halliburton/KBR Rape Cases
Quote:
Former Halliburton/KBR Employee Recounts for Congress How She Was Gang-Raped in Iraq

By MADDY SAUER | Dec. 19, 2007

The Department of Justice refused to send a representative to answer questions from Congress today on the investigations into allegations of rape and sexual assault on female American contractors.

"I'm embarrassed that the Department of Justice can't even come forward," said the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee John Conyers, D-Mich.

"This is an absolute disgrace," said Conyers. "The least we could do is have people from the Department of Justice and the Defense over here talking about how we're going to straighten out the system right away."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The problem: "Defense and Justice departments acknowledged that though more than two dozen U.S. civilians working in the war zone have complained of sexual assaults ..."
The kicker: "... no one has yet been tried for a crime."

U.S. Fails to Move on Iraq Sexual Assault Complaints
Quote:
Published on Friday, April 11, 2008 by McClatchy Newspapers | By Lesley Clark

WASHINGTON - While working in Iraq as a “morale coordinator” for a U.S. government contractor, a Tampa woman says, she was raped by a drunken colleague who secured a key to her apartment from an unlocked storage box.0411 06

That was in December 2005, and her attorney said he’s unaware of any criminal charges in the case.

The U.S. Justice Department has the authority to prosecute, but she and at least three other women who say they were assaulted complain of being trapped in legal limbo between a military system that doesn’t oversee the private contractors and a justice system that appears unwilling to do so.

“American women are vulnerable not only to assault, but to achieving justice,” said Sen. Bill Nelson, a Florida Democrat who since December has been pressing the Bush administration for answers over the treatment of U.S. citizens sexually assaulted by contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He got a few Wednesday. Following tearful testimony at a Senate hearing from two other women who reported being raped while on the job in Iraq, the Defense and Justice departments acknowledged that though more than two dozen U.S. civilians working in the war zone have complained of sexual assaults, no one has yet been tried for a crime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is outrageous.

Every woman (especially Nancy Pelosi) in Congress should feel the outrage I do. Hell, EVERY PERSON in Congress should feel the outrage I do. If he or she does not, he or she should be VOTED OUT. Nay, every FEMALE IN AMERICA who values the rights of women should feel outraged.

What would happen to any other American business if it had sexual assault charges brought against numerous employees? :evil:

Oh, I forgot....most of those contractors are hired by Republicans. OF course, silly me....that gives them the right to do just as they please.

HOORAY FOR SEN. BILL NELSON, AT LEAST.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:32 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes, hooray for Bill Nelson. I don't know how long he's had it, but on his home page, he puts it out there --

Article.

The federal government hasn’t tried any cases involving sexual assaults against women who work for contractors in Iraq or Afghanistan, despite a 2000 law giving that authority to the Department of Justice.

What we have here, I feel, is another war time atrocity.

Bailiff whack their ...