It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my funny republican friend at work
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:06 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I had a laugh today at work. I wear provocative political shirts to work everyday. the stem form "IMPEACH BUSH", "dumb an dumber" pic of bush an bush sr. (no i dont capitolize their names, they dont deserve it) a pic of bush jr and "Mass Murderer" above it, pic of gas pump in the ass with "Bush's America: Taking it in the Gass", you get the drift. Today i wore a shirt that has a pic (posted below) of Native Americans with guns and the text says "Homeland Security Fighting Terrorists Since 1492. My republican friend stopped me today and read my shirt. Then yelled "thats bullshit". "I cant believe you would wear that.....that pisses me off." I looked at him and said "is it not the truth?" he turned and stormed off like always. How does this piss you off and how is it not the truth??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:20 am 

most repugs like the idea of amnesia.

they've taken the blue pill and could care less to know or see how depp the rabbit hole goes.

most dems, especially the ones who back obama, have taken the red pill and seek the truth.

the above correlation is a reference to a scene from the movie "the matrix". seems like it fits hand in glove with what we see these days among the u.s. voting populace.

talk about workplace campaign issues i had a good one yesterday. a friend/coworker of mine who currently supports the hillary campaign made an inane comment/inference to obamas name being hussien. i then deftly pointed out in a quick history lesson that the name hussien existed as a very common arabic name used for several thousand years before islam was ever established as a religion.

i embarrassed him in front of several of our coworkers who saw how truth/facts usually trump lies and inuendo.

the debate was over and he stopped talking as i recieved kudos.

i've also been experiencing never before suspected levels of racial bias among people that i thought i knew for years.

i'm in a battle here in central pa believe me.

i kinda feel as though it's going to be up to the next generation to get things straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm proud you two are members of this board. You both have the courage to stand up and actually walk your talk in the workplace, even though you know you might encounter fierce resistence from those who choose to remain so ignorant.

I'm interested to know how your "friends" responded to the Texas polgymist cult stories that have been at the forefront of the news media lately. I'd wager that they don't have a clue as to how very close their own thinking is about Bush to those cult members who have been brainwashed about God and their role in this world.

I'm sure it has never occurred to them that they are slaves to the Republican agenda, which has become more like a cult since 2000.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
i've also been experiencing never before suspected levels of racial bias among people that i thought i knew for years.

ya i am too. i just proceed to tell them I married a black woman. usually shuts them up quickly. then they are embarrassed. I dont really encounter too much at work because I work among alot of muslims. one of my best friends is a muslim and I love it. ive learned soo much from him and just turn all my bullsnot emails to him. he picks them apart and then i return them. just like this one i received this week. my friends repsponse is quoted:

This is very interesting and just a bit scary ...

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States , especially in the minority races!!!

Allah or The Lord Jesus Christ? ... By Rick Mathes

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video..

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a Holy Jihad [holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

Quote:
NOT TRUE: Islam is a religion of peace. There is NO MERIT for killing someone because their beliefs may be different. I (Muslim) am unaware of any such Holy Jihad. The term Jihad is taken out of context more than any other term I've ever heard. A "Holy War" can mean something as little as standing up for a belief. For example: My response to this email can be considered "Jihad" as I am taking a stand by saying what you are preaching is wrong. Someone saying that Jihad means "to kill an infidel" is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. The path to heaven is simply achieved by doing simple little things such as: say your prayers, respect your parents, teachers, neighbors and the elderly. Don't lie, don't steal. If you are blessed with an abundance of something (this could be anything. Money, food, clothes, whatever the case may be) share it with less fortunate. None of that involves killing an infidel... or anyone for that matter.

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded , 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

Quote:
Open a book, open the Qur'an, read a little bit. If you have such passion about this subject, research it and find your own answers. You are acting exactly like an illiterate person that goes to a so called Imam and learns that such things are a part of his faith. He can't read or write, all he knows is the 'Imam' always tells him the truth and follows it blindly. Don't even bother reading further and finding out what I think, find out for yourself. The Qur'an is the only book of faith that you will find unaltered though time. There are no testaments, there are no revisions. Every copy you pick up will have all the alphabets, spellings, EVERYTHING the same, so you can't confuse a real copy with a fake one.

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

Quote:
Again, killing DOES NOT guarantee you a place in heaven by any means. If that were true, you (the person asking these questions) would not be alive. That Imam would have finished his job and found his place in heaven.

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

Quote:
Let me be the first to inform you, the majority of people that take care of you personally, are in fact Muslim. Your doctors and engineers that look after your health and your buildings you live in are Muslims. I would love to know how you live with yourself knowing that there is a good chance you will be TREATED by a Muslim if anything were to happen to yourself or your family member rather than killed. Need I say more?

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. To elect the President! I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the Liberal justice system, liberal media and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized.

Quote:
Let me add some humor to this junk mail: at least you will have some smart, educated people voting and electing the right person for the job.

If you think we can be nice to Muslims and they will be nice to us in return: THINK AGAIN!

Quote:
I have been living in USA for 8 years now, and I can guarantee you that you will not find anyone that hates me for any of the reasons you listed above. This email basically tells me: The Muslims are here to take over and become the ONLY religion and anyone that doesn't follow it must die. By sending this email out, you are doing EXACTLY the same thing by preaching "In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. To elect the President! I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the Liberal justice system, liberal media and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized." THE SAME THING. Congratulations, you are now just as ignorant as anyone willing to blow himself up for 72 virgins. What a crock.

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry.
Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.

The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.

If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 pm 

That's awesome, Justin. One of the ways I love pissing my mom off is to pick apart the emails she sends me. I haven't gotten this particular one from her yet, but when I do, I will be so happy to forward this response to her. Its fucking amazing how stupid people are. Dear god, just think of all the idiots that voted for a president (Bush) in the last 8 years. That's far more scary to me than a muslim president.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:40 pm 

Once I discover that one of my co-workers is a Repug/NeoCon sycophant automaton pinhead it becomes impossible for them to advance to a point where I could or would call them friend. I remain cordial in the work environment but outside of necessary/required communication to get my job done, there is no idle chatter or communication. This is one way I have of keeping my spiritual/emotional stability.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I feel like APL. I work part-time and have to encounter one of the worst Faux News saturated, neocon assholes for a few minutes each Wednesday, but even that amount of contact is TOO MUCH.

I usually have an urgent need to visit the ladies' room when he makes his entrance.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Once I discover that one of my co-workers is a Repug/NeoCon sycophant automaton pinhead it becomes impossible for them to advance to a point where I could or would call them friend. I remain cordial in the work environment but outside of necessary/required communication to get my job done, there is no idle chatter or communication. This is one way I have of keeping my spiritual/emotional stability.

kill them with kindness. im telling you, it kills them for you to be nice to them. you have set the bar for them and they have to go under that bar. it drives my friend crazy because he cant call me an asshole. ive never been an asshole to him. i can have a civilized conversation. I dont get mad or storm off. i stay in the ring calm and collected. he gets mad an pissed and usually ends up storming off. its hilarious! in his mind he knows he looks like an ass when he walks away like a child. everyone at the work place thinks hes an idiot because of how ive made him look. he REALLY looked like an idiot over the shirt thing because that was right in front of 4 or 5 people. then i found out he went outside on break and just ripped me up one side an down the other. i dont smoke so i dont go outside for breaks. according to some of my friends about 3 or 4 people came to my defense by telling him they loved my shirt and it was truthful. he started ranting and went off on a tangent. i guess someone told him to shut up and he was an idiot. bottom line i still like the man. he makes me laugh. he is also an American like me. im not going to hate someone for thier political views. he has an opinion and ill honor it even though i disagree with it. i never initiate the political talk with him but i usually end it (ha ha). his poor girlfriend prolly knows more about me than i do! he unfortunately has become the laughing stock at work because of his words. he always make horrid political jokes aimed at work, and his rants an tangents have made people dislike him. he is consumed by politics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:33 pm 

My hat is off to you, Justin. :salute: :salute: I too was able to tolerate a certain amount of this foolishness when I was younger. I guess old age as jaded me however, the effort came to be like the effort of trying to teach a pig to sing, the pig only gets annoyed, and I was only getting very frustrated. :banghead: :banghead: I have come to believe that the NeoCon mindset is a mental illness not unlike pedophilia, incurable and chronic.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am 

A Proud Liberal wrote:
My hat is off to you, Justin. :salute: :salute: I too was able to tolerate a certain amount of this foolishness when I was younger. I guess old age as jaded me however, the effort came to be like the effort of trying to teach a pig to sing, the pig only gets annoyed, and I was only getting very frustrated. :banghead: :banghead: I have come to believe that the NeoCon mindset is a mental illness not unlike pedophilia, incurable and chronic.

I agree with all you say here!

As for the shirt, it is the truth, and I would wear it in a minute if I had one. Beautiful way to make a point.

On the response to that email, I am going to copy that and wait for the same email to come my way. They all do. Do you mind if I send it out as a response? No names, of course.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
A Proud Liberal wrote:

I agree with all you say here!

As for the shirt, it is the truth, and I would wear it in a minute if I had one. Beautiful way to make a point.

On the response to that email, I am going to copy that and wait for the same email to come my way. They all do. Do you mind if I send it out as a response? No names, of course.

honey you can tie my name, address, email, shoe size, and sexual preference to it, I dont give a damn. bring on the hate mail. i welcome the debate. my sister has put it on her myspace and emailed to everyone she knows, my mother has emailed it to everyone she knows.