It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

DO YOU AGREE WITH BARDOT OR WITH MRAP?
I AGREE WITH BARDOT. ANIMAL SACRIFICE SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUTLAWED ALONG WITH HUMAN SACRIFICE. 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
I DISAGREE WITH BARDOT. RELIGIOUS PRACTICES SHOULD NOT BE SUBJECT TO GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Animal Rights Activist Bardot on trial for Muslim statements
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bardot on trial for allegedly inciting anti-Muslim hatred

Bardot is against the Muslim tradition of "animal sacrifice." I wasn't sure what Eid al-Adha was...until I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

PARIS - Brigitte Bardot is back on trial in France, facing charges of fanning discrimination and racial hatred against Muslims.

In a Paris court hearing Tuesday, prosecutors said they are seeking a two-month suspended prison sentence and a $23,900 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.

Bardot, 73, was not present for the hearing. A verdict is expected June 3.

A leading French anti-racism group known as MRAP filed suit last year over a letter that Bardot sent to then-Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy, and which was published in her foundation's quarterly journal.

In the letter to Sarkozy, now the president, Bardot accused France's Muslim population of destroying France, and complained about the Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha.

French anti-racism laws prevent inciting hatred and discrimination on racial or religious or racial grounds. Bardot has been convicted four times for inciting racial hatred.

Take the POLL regarding this issue....

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:28 am 

Considering the way factory farm animals are treated here, most likely the animals killed for this feast have lived a better life than meat animals here do. I still do not agree with the sacrifice of animals period.

One of the problems I have with religion is that it never accounts for the damage it does. 'Faith' is supposed to replace reason. In some people it totally replaces thinking at all.

I admire Bardot for speaking out for sentient beings no matter which form they take. People who dismiss animals as not being sentient are just plain wrong. It appears in some cases animals are more able to feel and perceive than the people who look down on them as inferior forms of life.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I admire her, too, dori. I completely disagree with animal sacrifice for religious purposes. All religions, in my opinion, were simply created by men (and a few women) who want to control and who want to make sure that their flocks feel better about death. That's it in a nutshell....we need to feel that death isn't the end, like snuffing out a candle. (Look at the Mormons and the news out of Texas. IF that's not a cult of old pedophiles, I don't know what is!)

There are lots of things wrong and abhorrant about the Muslim religious practices and within the cultures of the Middle East, one of them being these so -called "honor killings." I do not think that statement is spreading hate. It's simply a fact and if Muslims can't fathom that, then they must accept why they are viewed the way they are by so many people.

The Muslims AND ALL religions, including Christianity, need to take a look at some of their beliefs and determine if they're really necessary, but then that won't happen in a million years, will it?

When cultures and religions are based so much on male control and making sure the masses remain in basic ignorance, nothing will change.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:48 pm 

This is of course the basic fallacy of Christianity; that the blood sacrifice (atonement) of Jesus is necessary for "salvation." The conflict this creates in young minds, one hand they hear "Thou shall not kill," on another, "Christ had to die for your sins," and on a third, "Those who killed Christ are eternally damned." This creates an image of God that only comes to the conclusion that He must be totally insane. The great blessing of my life was being able to reject these man made definitions of God and discover a God who wants the best for me. The very act of defining God limits Him; He who has no limits. Organized religion has killed, raped and pillaged all too often for God to be pleased with any of them.

The unfortunate thing about Bardot's fight is that she concentrated on the Muslims; she needed to take a much wider swipe at all religions. If she had done that then she would have avoided the charges in France. It is the singling out of the Muslims that has caused the trouble, if she had attacked all these nutso religions she would have been on more stable legal grounds.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, APL. Her cause is a good one, but she should blanket all religions.

Brigitte Bardot convicted in race case

PARIS, France (AP) -- A Paris court on Tuesday convicted Brigitte Bardot of provoking discrimination and racial hatred for writing that Muslims are destroying France.

The court also handed down a $23,325 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner.

A leading French anti-racism group known as MRAP filed a lawsuit last year over a letter she sent to then-Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. The remarks were published in her foundation's quarterly journal.

In the December 2006 letter to Sarkozy, now the president, Bardot said France is "tired of being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts."

She was referring to the Muslim feast of Aid el-Kebir, celebrated by slaughtering sheep.

French anti-racism laws prevent inciting hatred and discrimination on racial or religious or racial grounds. Bardot had been convicted four times previously for inciting racial hatred.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman